tjonsoeilen

Rank 1
PostedApr 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Rare Athena~ 4500 gold

Want to buy
Want to buy a proffesional game team to know how to run a game.
No really, these rare mechs will reach that price if nothing will be done to increase the gaming population. Do something like double drop rate events or perhaps a similair event with the gatherable event items for a rare mech lucky box.

Cause the way it goes now is players who come and want a rare mech can only obtain it by hardcore grinding or buying gold.

Obviously option 2 is not promoted by aeria games even though they created the platform for gold farmers to make more money then aeria games themselves.

I know raising the level cap would solve the active gaming population, but if its not ready, we will just have to wait though, this is going downwards. The game is stil in beta, but the way its going now.. it feels like mainly gold sellers are controlling the game and thus lowering the fun game experience for everyone, specially new players, who would probably mostly quit.

And I am certain most of you all have clearly felt the low outcome on active players each day.

Ofcourse I cant complain, I had a great Turnpike game, 6vs6, where I finished the game with 3 rare gems and a cyberskin.

I could recommend some online games hosted by other companies that know how to promote their games, though I dont know if its allowed to promote it here. You can learn a lot from them how to manage a online game.
Advertisement

KITEl.SS

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
KITEl.SS
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:40 pm
Too late for any reasonable actions to be taken is open anymore. Guess ban trading >Very Happy o.o b

bowtrickz

Rank 0
bowtrickz
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:56 pm
You do realize it is entirely possible that not everyone is meant to have a rare mech. They are rare. There is few available and many people want them. Guaranteed as time goes by eventually the price of them will go down. More are added to the market every day. They never leave the market.

MeeeeZ

Rank 0
MeeeeZ
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:02 pm
A mech I put up for already overpriced 849 gold was sold and promptly put back in the auction for 999. Two days later, as other mechs had exceeded even that price by far, the same person took it down and put it back up for 1200.
Prices are being artificially raised to disgusting heights, the rich keep getting richer and the poor stay poor and at the bottom of the loot chain. There's enough of that crap in real life that I'm not exactly keen on seeing it in a game, so I definitely vote for either a droprate increase or rare mechs being purchasable for RP, gold and medals at the PVP vendors.

arphila_wolf

Rank 0
arphila_wolf
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:03 pm
In all my runs of BG I've never seen a mech drop, or a cybersuit.

But they are "rare" for a reason. The only reason they're at around 500-1000G is because they picked up in demand I guess. I remember they used to only be around 200G about 1-2 weeks ago.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:04 pm
Welcome to the FTP model, where people get their gold that needed, resellers buy and inflate, and the mass stupid pay the over price items. It's nothing new. Every type of such market goes like this. I don't care if you're playing MMORPGs or MUDS.

The more popular the item, the higher the price.

arphila_wolf

Rank 0
arphila_wolf
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:12 pm
Lyyrian wrote:
Welcome to the FTP model, where people get their gold that needed, resellers buy and inflate, and the mass stupid pay the over price items. It's nothing new. Every type of such market goes like this. I don't care if you're playing MMORPGs or MUDS.

The more popular the item, the higher the price.  

Not always. Generally for the most part when some items are hard to obtain and a game is new or say the game just had an update and released new rare items they'll be very wanted by the community thus leading to high prices.

Now as time goes on in most FTP games or MMO's these rare items generally will become more "common" as people will be starting to obtain them more often as time goes on and at some point becoming stock piled where people will generally start to lower the price. For the most part though, depending on how difficult it was to obtain such item, that will usually reflect on the price.

Give it time, right now though the games economy system seems to be going through a flux of inflation, so who knows what will happen.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:15 pm
arphila_wolf wrote:

Not always. Generally for the most part when some items are hard to obtain and a game is new or say the game just had an update and released new rare items they'll be very wanted by the community thus leading to high prices.

Now as time goes on in most FTP games or MMO's these rare items generally will become more "common" as people will be starting to obtain them more often as time goes on and at some point becoming stock piled where people will generally start to lower the price. For the most part though, depending on how difficult it was to obtain such item, that will usually reflect on the price.

Give it time, right now though the games economy system seems to be going through a flux of inflation, so who knows what will happen.  

Heh, then you've yet to see of the other games around the joint... If enough of the high guilds get a good chunk of rare drops and items. They will drive the market. It's the case with a lot of the game around here.

arphila_wolf

Rank 0
arphila_wolf
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:20 pm
Lyyrian wrote:
arphila_wolf wrote:

Heh, then you've yet to see of the other games around the joint... If enough of the high guilds get a good chunk of rare drops and items. They will drive the market. It's the case with a lot of the game around here.  

Well maybe it's a good thing I've played other MMO's than that aren't from aeria, seeing as this it the first time I've gotten into one of their games and actually had a good time.

Right now it seems as though you've got to get extremely lucky to get anything good, or just work yourself to death and save up enough money.

I've already noticed that weapons and gear are a lot cheaper than when the game started out, only because of the usual overflow of them which is common in games like these. It would be nice though as OP stated to obtain gear from something say like PVP points, we can already get rare earrings, why not add some more?

On the off side, this is the first time I've seen an MMO game take such a huge leap in prices in just a single day.

heroex77

Rank 1
PostedApr 24, 2013 9:46 pm
MeeeeZ wrote:
A mech I put up for already overpriced 849 gold was sold and promptly put back in the auction for 999. Two days later, as other mechs had exceeded even that price by far, the same person took it down and put it back up for 1200.
Prices are being artificially raised to disgusting heights, the rich keep getting richer and the poor stay poor and at the bottom of the loot chain. There's enough of that crap in real life that I'm not exactly keen on seeing it in a game, so I definitely vote for either a droprate increase or rare mechs being purchasable for RP, gold and medals at the PVP vendors.  

talking about me?!