silverpelt13

Rank 2
silverpelt13
PostedApr 24, 2013 3:18 pm
chueyjoo88 wrote:
Wow, thanks for all of the great news, so far i am thinking i may start off playing on ponchee, does the channel matter as well or are all of your toons on one server regardless of channel your playing on?

Also is AP required to play, because that was my main issue with shaiya after a while it became almost necessary to buy it to exist ?Sad

Welcome to Grand Fantasia

All of your toons will be on one server regardless of channel

AP is not required at first, at higher levels, some stuff from the IM will make other players have an advantage in PvP, but also you can buy the stuff in the Auction House so you have a chance too, if you are good at saving money. Personally, I have only used AP to get costumes (I just like costumes)

If you need any help and I happen to be online, I can help on my character, CrystalHope, as long as it is not requiring a lvl 52 and above (As I am lvl 51 right at the moment)
Advertisement

cinderella3377

Rank 1
cinderella3377
PostedApr 24, 2013 3:38 pm
chueyjoo88 wrote:
Wow, thanks for all of the great news, so far i am thinking i may start off playing on ponchee, does the channel matter as well or are all of your toons on one server regardless of channel your playing on?

Also is AP required to play, because that was my main issue with shaiya after a while it became almost necessary to buy it to exist ?Sad

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and links, its much appreciated Smile

if you think of anything else feel free to post it i am checking this regularly.

Also as soon as i make my toon i will add those who said i may Very Happy  

Add me, My name is Mulinda, I'm on Quill, channel 2
channel doesnt really matter except in chat then it completly changes) all your chars are on 1 server and you pick the channel from there. Most popular is Channel 1 followed by channel 2 (in Quill anyway I dunno about Ponchee.
If you go for Quill you are thought of a a happy go lucky player who is having fun. If you play Ponchee you have to live up to much higher standards.
Your gear has to be much better to be any good and to have any chance of survival.

AP is [b]not needed to be good. One of my friends has never gotten AP and she has characters level 50,40 kind of thing.
Hope it helps

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedApr 24, 2013 4:30 pm
chueyjoo88 wrote:

Just going to be straight with you. Yes.

Everyone is going to be like "OH NO IT DOESN'T BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH" realistically with the current game state UNLESS you plan on taking months to be fully geared for a SINGLE bracket. AP buyers can gear for any bracket, fully, in a matter of a week or so depending on how much AP they are willing to shell out money for. The time taken to gear as an AP buyer is ridiculously extremely lower compared to a normal free player under every circumstance.

This is speaking about being fully geared - as in - if you plan on competing at all in PVP and enjoying it. If not than no, ofc not.

chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 4:46 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
chueyjoo88 wrote:

Everyone is going to be like "OH NO IT DOESN'T BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH" realistically with the current game state UNLESS you plan on taking months to be fully geared for a SINGLE bracket. AP buyers can gear for any bracket, fully, in a matter of a week or so depending on how much AP they are willing to shell out money for. The time taken to gear as an AP buyer is ridiculously extremely lower compared to a normal free player under every circumstance.

This is speaking about being fully geared - as in - if you plan on competing at all in PVP and enjoying it. If not than no, ofc not.  

with all if this pvp talk I must ask: is there any pvm or boss hunting or is it strictly pvp.

itoriterror

Rank 2
itoriterror
PostedApr 24, 2013 5:02 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:

This. +1

randoll

Rank 0
randoll
For me to know and u to maybe United States
PostedApr 24, 2013 5:24 pm
There is play verse monster but you need to gear up to even stand a chance after 66 if you want to level fast at 71 you gotta be able to solo msmf and all that pvp gear is necessary for most classes

chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 6:05 pm
oh ok, well i dont plan on buying AP. It kinda takes over when you start and i feel AP can wreck a servers economy, but everyone has their own opinions. Shaiya pretty much became a AP race when i last played it and it became boring lol. I thank you all again for the information and i am reading guides here in an hour or so ill be makin my first toon will probably start on the quill server to get the jist of things before moving on to the other one. Ill let all who play on that server know when i am on if ya wanna add me i promise not to bug ya with toooooo many questions Razz

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedApr 24, 2013 6:22 pm
chueyjoo88 wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
chueyjoo88 wrote:

with all if this pvp talk I must ask: is there any pvm or boss hunting or is it strictly pvp.  

PVE is very repetitive in Grand Fantasia, then again I've played this game since first week of OB launch, having made ridiculous amounts of characters since then, sooo I'm probably extremely biased. >_>

The PVE is fun, it has its ups and downs. You'll enjoy it at times and others you'll be really sick of it. Enjoy it while it's still fresh. As far as PVP - your class will really be the deciding factor on whether or not you need a PVP set to not absolutely fail in PVE.

chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 6:57 pm
STARTED Chuey on Quill. This will be my learner toon, i plan on eventually moving to the other server but all are welcome to add me as a friend it would be much appreciated.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedApr 24, 2013 7:12 pm
chueyjoo88 wrote:
STARTED Chuey on Quill. This will be my learner toon, i plan on eventually moving to the other server but all are welcome to add me as a friend it would be much appreciated.  

No need to make a new character. Quill and Ponchee will be merging some time in May. Reference.