chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 10:52 am

I am coming back to aeria and want to start with this game

newbie status :P
I used to play shaiya, but now coming back after years of not playing want to try something thats a bit more balanced and played more. I have gathered Grand Fantasia would be a good way to start back into that. Any tips, advice etc for a newbie n.n?
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedApr 24, 2013 10:56 am
Hello. Here are just some helpful threads for starting game.

Class Picking Guide.
Grand Fantasia Starting Guide

Server Merge information.

Welcome, and enjoy the game.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 10:57 am
Hehe, hello again thanks a ton Smile

Nice to meet someone friendly off the get to Very Happy

ArielScarlet

Rank 0
ArielScarlet
PostedApr 24, 2013 11:06 am
Welcome back to aeria Smile

&&

Welcome to Grand Fantasia, and the world of Saphael (:

If you have any questions, or just want a friend, you can message me on the forums or in game (I'm on Ponchee, character name is MysticSky)

Best tip would be to just enjoy yourself Smile Don't take the game too seriously, cause it is just a game after all, meant to be fun~

hopeflow

Rank 3
hopeflow
PostedApr 24, 2013 11:15 am
Hi there and welcome back!
Here's a Leveling Guide that will help you if you're stuck and not sure what to do next in order to level~
I'm not very good at giving any advice or tips (...sadly) but I hope that you'll enjoy this game. Feel free to poke me if you need a tour guide around Grand Fantasia~ My IGN is GSLyn and you can always find me in Quill, channel 2.

Have fun!

Signature by - Lauriii

infernape276

Rank 3
infernape276
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Nice to meet you

You joining the Ponchee or Quill server?

(They merging in like a month so it doesnt matter Razz)

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: I am coming back to aeria and want to start with this game

newbie status :P
chueyjoo88 wrote:
I used to play shaiya, but now coming back after years of not playing want to try something thats a bit more balanced and played more. I have gathered Grand Fantasia would be a good way to start back into that. Any tips, advice etc for a newbie n.n?  

Anyway.
Save your AP spending until higher levels.

Pick a class that does well in PVP, then make sure its class upgrades also do well in PVP. Even if you're not a hardcore PVPer, you're probably going to need to farm for a PVP set somewhere along the line and/or help out with GVG.

Pick a class that farms mobs fast and can solo SMF/MSMF realistically and fastish.

Other then that, hoard, save, and don't worry about going HAM in farming gold until 60ish.

Zetsunai

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Zetsunai
PostedApr 24, 2013 2:10 pm
Hello welcome!
For tips, I'd suggest training your sprites to have their skill levels near your level. Though you can buy sprite summons from the Auctionhouse npcs, dark sprites, altars and etc.
Also when the sprite comes back from gathering materials with Mineral Orders (Jale-Mining skill), Magic Academy Orders (llya-Foraging skill), or the Order scroll from Kaslow (hunting skill), be sure to complete those. It is much easier to gain fames from those three at a lower level. With those fames, you can then purchase Talents and other equipments from the npcs: Iron Stone Association Cashier -Hatt (Jale), Magic Academy Cashier -Noe (llya), and Treasure Appraisal Committee Cashier - Andre (Kaslow)

You can also check out the Grand Fantasia Wiki page for info on drops/monsters/other things.

chueyjoo88

Rank 0
chueyjoo88
PostedApr 24, 2013 2:34 pm
Wow, thanks for all of the great news, so far i am thinking i may start off playing on ponchee, does the channel matter as well or are all of your toons on one server regardless of channel your playing on?

Also is AP required to play, because that was my main issue with shaiya after a while it became almost necessary to buy it to exist ?Sad

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and links, its much appreciated Smile

if you think of anything else feel free to post it i am checking this regularly.

Also as soon as i make my toon i will add those who said i may Very Happy

ThreeLeggedCar

Rank 0
ThreeLeggedCar
PostedApr 24, 2013 2:39 pm
Coming back to Aeria...want to start with this game...

I'd suggest you go straight to Ponchee, it's a lot more active and if you'll need help there's a uh, slightly greater chance you'll get it.

Best of luck!

[Grand Fantasia] | SecondShadow Lv 92 Predator | xNanaki Lv 79 Sharpshooter | [Wolfteam] | Sloth L. Colonel |