trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Scarlet Blade is unplayable due to network lag

I am a lv4 Sentinel, every time I attack Cherry, I do 1-2 attacks and then all the characters (PCs/NPCs) on the screen stop moving.

The connection is lagging out, not my PC. I know this because I can see my girl's idle animation (environment animations too) playing very smooth and normal even though she won't move, won't attack, won't do anything but suddenly drop dead when everything finally syncs back up (Cherry always kills me while the network lags out). My ping to www.aeriagames.com is 60-70ms. I can surf the internet even watch HD video on YouTube without any delay. I've reinstalled, ran the file check, gone through the tech support (all local PC tweaks anyways), etc., and nothing.

This is on Andromeda, although I've tried all 3 and it is the same (Venus is even worse). What is going on? Too many new players joining the game?
Advertisement

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 23, 2013 9:54 pm
Have you tried forwarding your ports and turn on DMZ hosting for your modem, afterwards resetting it?

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 10:32 pm
Okay, I just port-forwarded TCP 51914-51916 and put my PC in a DMZ. Turned off my antivirus, turned off Windows Firewall. Completely exposed to the outside, still unplayable. Is there an in-game network latency indicator that I can enable?

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 10:35 pm
I also added a QoS rule to prioritize the SB ports, in addition to the QoS prioritizing my PC by MAC address.

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:49 am
I logged in again this morning to see if it was any better on "off" times. Maybe a tiny little bit better. I was able to shoot Cherry once and then run away before dying.

It seems that the lag is triggered by combat with certain mobs. I can kill the dog creatures nearby without lagging out completely. It's still awful, but only about 2-3 seconds of lag. By that I mean...I shoot them once, it freezes for 2-3 seconds, then I shoot them again, freeze for 2-3 seconds, shoot them again, dead. For a newly released game when the admins are still trying to get a grip on network load, I can understand this.

But with Cherry, I shoot once and everything freezes for like 15-20 seconds. At first I thought that the more commands I input, the longer it lags out. But after testing it totally lags out regardless of whether I click one button or mash the keys. Unfortunately I am down to <10 HP potions now Sad

With this in mind I tried turning off all my GUI notifications (damage numbers, HP numbers, etc) but noticed no improvement.

I fired up Resource Monitor and saw one SB.exe with a ~250ms latency; another with a ~70ms latency. I tried pinging each of their IPs but it always fails. I assume the game servers do not respond to ICMP.

Any more suggestions?

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 6:37 pm
Just logged in again, 8:30pm local time. Still unplayable.

jakraieski

Rank 0
jakraieski
PostedApr 24, 2013 7:08 pm
This might not be the case, but what kind of graphics card do you have? And have the drivers for them been up to date?

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 7:43 pm
I have a GeForce 430 GT. Pretty low end graphics card but my machine doesn't lag at all. It has to be network lag because my character's idle animation plays normally while she stands there unable to do anything. My framerate appears to remain the same at all times. It's just that I click and click and click but she just stands there, occasionally waving.

jakraieski

Rank 0
jakraieski
PostedApr 24, 2013 7:47 pm
Ok, so have you gone into the game options and turned the animations ans such to its lowest settings? That might help out a little bit.

trisalim

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:49 pm
Correct, I have tried playing on all the lowest settings, including audio and GUI settings.