GamingPirate

Rank 0
GamingPirate
PostedApr 23, 2013 5:19 pm

This stuff.... Is dumb.

Ticket Response from Team Aeria.
I submitted a Character Password Reset Ticket for my character on my account on Eden Eternal. I haven't played that character in about 8 months. So of course I don't remember jack crap about it. Yet this is the response I get from the ticket:

"2013-04-21 19:50:08 Response from Team Aeria
Hello , Thank you for contacting Aeria Games Support. To assure us that this is the actual account holder for "", we will require the following information in order to help you any further: 1) Server(s) your character(s) are associated with 2) Name(s) of the character(s) 3) Items which the character(s) have equipped and in the inventory 4) Last 5 items purchased in Item Mall (including dates, times, and character(s)) 5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased 6) The last time and zone your character(s) were logged in 7) The original and current email address associated with the account 8) The date the account was registered 9) The account name 10)Your IP address Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further. Please feel free to contact us again should you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you, Team Eden Eternal"

I removed the important stuff you needn't know. Here's the breakdown. All they really need to know to reset our passwords is this: #1,#2,#7,#8,#9,#10. everything else that asks what items you purchased last or whats in your inventory when you logged off last or what items your wearing last... How the heck am I supposed to remember?? I have ADD and short term memory loss, I can't remember anything in the past 5 hours or so.. So this 5 transaction crap, inventory crap, and 5 purchases... don't even make sense.. You're making your job harder and our memory rememberation(<- not a word but wouldn't it be cool if it were?) worse.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedApr 25, 2013 1:46 am
While I agree that having to remember all these data (not to mention having access to records of some of them) sounds rather excessive at first glance, it is more a case of ticking as many boxes as possible than having to tick the lot. The more boxes you are able to tick (or the more of the really significant ones), the easier for Aeria to confirm you as the creator and rightful owner of the account.

The load of questions is as much for giving players who for whatever reasons have lost access to or forgotten details about their accounts as many chances as possible to submit at least SOME information it is likely only they would know about them, as it is for making Aeria sure you are who you say you are.

So, seems a lot at first glance, but is actually one of the smarter things this company does.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.