NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedApr 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Possible Fix to the game launcher issue.

Please give feedback if it works for you.
I ran as administrator and even uninstalled/reinstalled. Did not work.

Then I realized something. When I went to run SB today my anti virus never asked me if I wanted to accept the SB exe. (Kaspersky sees the SB exe as with all games as key loggers)

So I fiddled with it and seemed to set it to allowe SB launcher exe and then I got back into the game. And antivirus compatibility would explain it not allowing pathways to the game.

I hope this works for everyone that is having issues. If it does or does not please respond and let us know if it works or doesn't.

*edit* you will need to look up how to allow files for your anti virus as each one is different. I don't recommend disabling your anti virus unless absolutely necessary and all you do is play SB to help protect your computer.

*edit 2* this fix/workaround is if you get "cannot find pathway" error.

Advertisement

MaeFirewind

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 12:42 pm
Not receiving this error. My launcher, as pictured below, is stuck at this percentage. I tried uninstalling, resetting launcher through a forced update, disabling antivirus, and running as admin. Nada. HALP! D:

http://i.imgur.com/BewTV03.jpg

sesue_kano

Rank 0
sesue_kano
PostedApr 23, 2013 12:59 pm
It finally worked for me after I put the entire Aeria files in my anti-virus exceptions.

AestinMacleod

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

SB launcher

Technical issue
Whenever I click the SB play option, it starts up, then, after a few seconds says that Data Execution Prevention has stopped the launcher. How can I fix this?

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Re: SB launcher

Technical issue
AestinMacleod wrote:
Whenever I click the SB play option, it starts up, then, after a few seconds says that Data Execution Prevention has stopped the launcher. How can I fix this?  

From my guide: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1932371

Turning off Data Execution Prevention for Scarlet Blade:

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Right-click "Computer" then select "Properties".
  3. Click "Advanced System Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Under the "Performance" tab, click the "Settings" button.
  5. Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab then click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".
  6. Click the "Add" button and browse through to "C: > AeriaGames > ScarletBlade > SB" and select the "SB" application. Click "Open".
  7. Make sure the checkbox next to the "SB" field in the listing is checked. Click "OK".

Rhep

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Technical issue
If the patch is not updating. Found a way to update to last "0.0.7" client. Just use a proxy or a VPN to update the game. Is a DNS propagation problem.

StarAngelJ

Rank 0
StarAngelJ
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:51 am

Technical issue
Rhep wrote:
If the patch is not updating. Found a way to update to last "0.0.7" client. Just use a proxy or a VPN to update the game. Is a DNS propagation problem.  

and how do you do this?

Rhep

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 8:48 am

Technical issue
StarAngelJ wrote:
Rhep wrote:

and how do you do this?  

I have used a software for that, like Cyber Ghost VPN (http://cyberghostvpn.com/) or DirectIP (http://www.directip.com.br/). Very easy to use.

AestinMacleod

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Technical issue
ccsultima wrote:
AestinMacleod wrote:

From my guide: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1932371

Turning off Data Execution Prevention for Scarlet Blade:

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Right-click "Computer" then select "Properties".
  3. Click "Advanced System Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  4. Under the "Performance" tab, click the "Settings" button.
  5. Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab then click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".
  6. Click the "Add" button and browse through to "C: > AeriaGames > ScarletBlade > SB" and select the "SB" application. Click "Open".
  7. Make sure the checkbox next to the "SB" field in the listing is checked. Click "OK".

I did this and restarted my pc, but the issue didn't resolve. I also, prior to trying this, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but to no avail.

paytonhardy

Rank 0
paytonhardy
PostedApr 25, 2013 7:28 pm

black screen

does the black screen right after you log in fall under this category? srry im still kind of newb to this game so if anyone knows a fix for black screen right after log in please let me know, as far as i have read they said it happens because of maintenance ...pls elaborate

CORE DE TUMM ......MEMENTO MORI.... :D TRUTH OR HAPPINESS NEVER BOTH