WTF am i doing with my life? United States
PostedApr 23, 2013 10:41 pm
i barely play AVA, so is a [x] N/A ok?

Advertisement

eternalsteel

Rank 3
eternalsteel
PostedApr 23, 2013 10:52 pm
I voted 1. I would've voted a 0 if I was given the option. I currently primarily play 12sky2.

We were scheduled to get new content in March but it never happened. Instead there is rampant hacking, no events, rapid inflation in the ingame economy and the game is crumbling.

And the worst part is there is absolutely no communication from the GMs or PMs. I know that all these games are at the mercy of the devs for patches and updates and that it can be frustrating when the devs don't come through. But, that doesn't excuse the GMs utter failure for communicating with the community.

We have no idea about the fate of the game. Is there a fix coming for the CP hack? Are GMs even working on it? Is new content coming? We know nothing. Would it kill the PM or GMs to just create a post on the forum to let us players know what is going on?

Recently, with 12sky2 and other games it seems as if Aeria is focusing on short term sales from the cash shop to drive profits while sacrificing the long-term happiness and loyalty of their players. That's not a sustainable business model and one you guys should change.

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
PostedApr 23, 2013 11:48 pm
I give a 4. Soldier Front is doing a well good job in my opinion. Not perfect, which is why I gave a 4, but could vastly improve. I could see potential for things to get better though, so we can only hope.

adol795

Rank 0
adol795
PostedApr 24, 2013 12:41 am

I gave you a 3 because some of the problems that are messing with the enjoyment of DMO are not entirely the fault of Aeria as the host, but you should also be more aggressive to get these issues resolved or keep updates weekly with the server inspections to show they are not being forgotten and swept aside. Also you did an additional inspection tonight and broadcasted the time wrong at 22:30pst, when it was 23:00pst, then you went to correct this saying that the time of the inspection was at 23:00pst when it was around 23:15pst, when the inspection started at 23:30pst, and even with the final message you still listed the time as 23:00pst which just caused more confusion up till the server went down.

mrameez786

Rank 5
mrameez786
PostedApr 24, 2013 12:50 am
My score on this occasion is similar to last months vote. Wolfteam | 3

Wolfteam is improving in terms of:

| New content
| Cool Events
| Improved G.M interaction

The only issues at the moment are these pesky hackers and balancing issues need to be resolved. Wolfteam is becoming unplayable due to the hacker infestation. Hacker's are reported to G.M's directly with adequate evidence yet we as GS' are turned down and told to send in a ticket. I mean seriously, hackers need to be dealt with there and then. As a GS if the G.M's don't help you when needed/required and need you to send in tickets like everyone else then what's the point? This wasn't the case before but recently (6 months or so) I guess the G.M's are too busy to help GS'.

Aim for the stars................................Even If You Fail...............................You'll Land On Top Of The World!!

sapa_27

Rank 0
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:36 am

aeriagames

its the best onlinegaming site i have seen so far keep it up

AlmazX

Rank 0
AlmazX
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:58 am

Scarlet Blade - 3

I find your Scarlet Blade release to be doing fairly well. It is very new. I gave it a 3 because I have reasons for giving it a 2 or a 4.

I will list the "against" reasons first.

• I find the cash shop prices for a lot of items are a bit exorbitant, esp. with the emphasis on the "replicubes" i.e. gacha boxes. I prefer up-front prices, and usually a bit less than the existing ones! I think you would make up and possibly exceed the lost funding in per-unit sales by increase in volume if you did so.
  • The gold selling spammers. These make entire areas of the game (Enocia) unlivable. Please fight these people more. They violate your ToS.
  • Recently there has been a lack of stability and very sudden, unannounced, unplanned maintenances. This is very frustrating.

In spite of this, it has some very good things going for it.

• So far you have cultivated a very nice community, at least on the server I play on. It's partly by random chance, I know, but keep it up. Community events, GM interaction, etc. helps here.
  • The port is fairly well-done. While I'm fairly stingy with my praise, the translation in most areas feels very natural. I don't like the voiceovers for some of the PCs (Medic especially), but actually the NPC voiceovers were quite nice.
  • In spite of complaints from some players. it's a F2P that is not very P2W, as it were. The money is mostly towards vanity stuff. There are some things which do play into upgrades and such, but you keep them low in price for the most part, which I appreciate.

You could maybe get a 5 if you kept doing everything "good", and solved the problems, AND you did some minor work on the game... perhaps tweaking the dialogue to sound a little different per faction, or inserting a way to recover previously used names that no one is playing from the server. Preferably without excessive AP cost, though I could understand a fee for renames of existing characters and similar stuff. I know, it's just a licensed game, which is why I'm asking things more to do with translation (something you're already doing), or server side stuff (which you have to maintain for yourself anyways).

Obviously if you don't improve any of the cons whatsoever or forget the pros you will get worse in my eyes. Yes, just staying the same isn't enough to even keep your rating, especially when it is server instability and huge spamming problems.

I am also appreciative of Aeria Billing promptly unlocking my ability to buy stuff from them after a not-too-long turnaround time. Though you did miss any chance of me participating in your "AP Ladder" for the 50 Shades of Pink, I have been contemplating my future purchases.

Thanks.

-Almaz

123cherub321

Rank 0
123cherub321
PostedApr 24, 2013 2:39 am

A.V.A

I gave it a 1 because there is a maintenance like every day and I have AP items going to waste by this.. They never tell us what its about so we just sit in shout box waiting for 2 or more hours..

Akazios

Rank 0
Akazios
PostedApr 24, 2013 2:54 am
Formalitys wrote:
For GunZ, I rated 1.

We've been informed that the devs are responsible for not implementing features , fixes to the bugs in the game, and essentially everything else. So how is it that the communication/relations between Aeria and our game's dev is so bad that we've only had 1 patch.

The Bad:

• Only one patch in the 8+ months we've been here.
  • Over 60% of our sets are missing from ijji. How were these sets previously available for IOTD or tiered spenders in the past but not available in our item mall?
  • The IOTDs and Tiered Spenders have stopped for a while. If there's nothing to buy, who expects the devs to keep improving the game?
  • I have seen some very poor ticket responses lately. One time a player sent a ticket and it was answered in a completely unrelated manner.
  • FREE items that are extremely easy to get and level 1 starting weapons, are being sold in our item mall.
  • Major bugs are still present in our game and Agent Error is back.
  • Some threads are within the lines of the ToS and forum rules are being deleted/locked. I like how Aeria keeps tight rules on the forum but some things get over censored.
  • Our servers have been not been maintained well.

The Good:

• GS are able to host events.
  • GM Versus hosts forum events.
  • GM OneShot is active in the shoutbox

No more to say...

Keikain

Rank 3
Keikain
PostedApr 24, 2013 3:15 am
A tentative 3 for Scarlet Blade.

The handling of the item mall is cringe-worthy (in-game pots for common items in boxes? common in-game items in a $200 package?) and although it seems like the PM is trying to take advice, it's not going terribly well. I'm actually a little disappointed in how things have been handled on that front, especially when it comes to the ladder promotions. Is there any reason why there can't be a stacking tier instead? An 'Unlucky You' promotion might help squelch some of the regular threads complaining about low drop rates in boxes, too.

Updates are nice to see, but the lack of forum events is pretty noticeable. I play a browser game on the side and there are GSes doing events pretty much every week. It wouldn't hurt to at least have events here, especially when the free loot box is more-so a 'free level 1 pot or 5 bronze mob drop' every 24 hours.

Faction imbalance is also a growing issue. The open world PVP area influence map is regularly 60-70% in Free Knight's favor. This gives them an edge on bosses and I've seen them overwhelm bosses to the point it doesn't reset even when they lure them back to their base. Would it hurt to have an event or incentive to roll Royal Guard to help balance things out a little more?

One thing I did find nice was seeing the response to concerns about the difference in faction storylines, which showed a fair amount of incentive on Aeria's part.