isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:30 pm
seikokitsune wrote:
Spikerip wrote:

+1 to this i have seen some that accidentally post in the wrong chat and they get a blast of 5 or 6 ppl Rage posting " use X chat! " that is clearly not the way to get someone to use the right channel. personally I like the helpful interested touch. For example if someone is trying to sell something and they accidentally post it in world my normal response would be " Hey that is a pretty nice item but you might get better results selling it in Trade chat " most of them when they realize they have goofed usually thank me and change over to the proper chat channel with little to no issue  

I try to be polite about correcting peoples wrong chats as well, especially when it is a first time offense or someone whom is known to make wrong chats. Sometimes being polite gets hard when its their 9th wrong chat in under 15 minutes and their messages look like they belong in a skittles bag.  

and.. LOL

Advertisement

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:38 pm
Using the wrong chats/spamming (caps or symbols) consistently or frequently can have consequences like mutes or bans. It's all done on a case by case basis though.

Also it is against the ToS when you put it in the context that it impedes the actual use and flow of the chats:

Terms of Service wrote:

You must observe these terms, all applicable laws and also basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. AGE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

You agree not to take any of the following actions:

(l) Impede the flow of chat in game, in forums, or in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or AGE employees;

I see your frustrating though, especially as someone who often asks people to use the right chats but consequences for breaking these and any rules is entirely up to the GMs. While I would personally appreciate regulatory standards, I do believe it should stay the way it is.

Most people if you whisper/poke them will start to use the right chat/stop spamming, and are fairly polite about it too ^^

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: Using Channels Properly/ Suggestions

isay37 wrote:

World: Well world chat is usually used to ask information, ask some FAQ's about the game, or any other useful information, All Guild Bosses, Emisarry Bosses, some facts about NPC's (like Jasid) are announced

One thing I love about Grand Fantasia is that you can actually find some nice people and have fun conversations. One of the greatest contributors to this is world chat. In no other game I've played can you find random conversation just for the fun of it on world chat.

I'm a person who regularly scans world and helps out with providing information, but I wouldn't do it nearly as much if not for the possibility for a fun conversation to pop up at any moment. Yes, not all conversations are suited for world (I once WCd a pm on a religious based conversation into world x.x), yes, you can have drama, but I can't see how it outweighs the benefit of socializing with the rest of the GF community that cares. I see it as the chief use of world chat.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 11:21 pm
KylieghRein wrote:
Using the wrong chats/spamming (caps or symbols) consistently or frequently can have consequences like mutes or bans. It's all done on a case by case basis though.

Also it is against the ToS when you put it in the context that it impedes the actual use and flow of the chats:

Terms of Service wrote:

You must observe these terms, all applicable laws and also basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. AGE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

You agree not to take any of the following actions:

(l) Impede the flow of chat in game, in forums, or in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or AGE employees;

I see your frustrating though, especially as someone who often asks people to use the right chats but consequences for breaking these and any rules is entirely up to the GMs. While I would personally appreciate regulatory standards, I do believe it should stay the way it is.

Most people if you whisper/poke them will start to use the right chat/stop spamming, and are fairly polite about it too ^^  

do i have to remove it?

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
PostedApr 22, 2013 11:24 pm
isay37 wrote:
do i have to remove it?  

Remove what? O-o Your suggestions in your first post? Sorry I'm a teeny bit confused, but if you are referring to that, than nope, you're free to voice your feelings/suggestions~

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 11:27 pm
KylieghRein wrote:
isay37 wrote:
do i have to remove it?  

Remove what? O-o Your suggestions in your first post? Sorry I'm a teeny bit confused, but if you are referring to that, than nope, you're free to voice your feelings/suggestions~  

okie o.o

sorry if i placed the use of chats... cause im really frustrated that some people spam the wrong chats :/

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedApr 22, 2013 11:38 pm
To above poster: You're still recruiting people to join arena, just see it as 'Looking for people'.

@isay37: Yeah leech can be sold in both LFP and TRADE, as it is both. You're selling a service that involves making a party.

However kinda automatically I've used LFP and been like
"LF1M ACV, 25g/run"

As for your other points, there are few types of people who do it.

• Newbies to the game, and genuinely have no idea that they're using the wrong chat.
  • People who have been using the right chat for a while but have not been having much luck. Maybe they'll use world once out of many times.
  • People who just don't care.
  • Mistakely once using the wrong chat, can easily happen.

I think only really the type of person in red should really be muted. However is it worthwhile to have a chat police?

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 23, 2013 12:31 am
walmazi wrote:
To above poster: You're still recruiting people to join arena, just see it as 'Looking for people'.

@isay37: Yeah leech can be sold in both LFP and TRADE, as it is both. You're selling a service that involves making a party.

However kinda automatically I've used LFP and been like
"LF1M ACV, 25g/run"

As for your other points, there are few types of people who do it.

• Newbies to the game, and genuinely have no idea that they're using the wrong chat.
  • People who have been using the right chat for a while but have not been having much luck. Maybe they'll use world once out of many times.
  • People who just don't care.
  • Mistakely once using the wrong chat, can easily happen.

I think only really the type of person in red should really be muted. However is it worthwhile to have a chat police?  

good idea tho ^^ but even 71+ people also asks LFPs in World chats

xTsuki

Rank 2
xTsuki
PostedApr 23, 2013 2:39 am
It is indeed annoying when people keep spamming the wrong chat channel for something.
The funny thing I observed, though, is that people will directly tell you to use the proper channel when using world for trade/LFP, but when people try recruiting for arena no one cares.
I believe, just as the OP posted, this belongs to LFP as well as you are looking for people (->LFP, or at least one way to interpret the abbreviation).

But to be honest, sometimes people are a tad bit too sensitive or chat-police like when it comes to telling people off when they use the wrong chat.
I think if you post once in a wrong chat then there is no need to start off against this person, as it can always happen that you mistakenly used the wrong shortcut to the chat.
Yet, people start yelling at the 'culprits', sometimes even in a rude manner.
I have even seen the 'culprit' apologize, saying they wc'ed by accident and the response they got was "yea right I will watch you".

About giving GS'es powers to mute, I agree with Salad that this should not be done because of the risk of abusing it.
However, I wish there was a tiny slap on the hands if there is a repeated offense
Not just once or twice, but if a person clearly is using the wrong chat puposely.

On a lighter note: isay37 your signature is too big.

Rules and Volunteers wrote:
Signatures will not exceed a height of 200 pixels, a width of 700 pixels and a file size of 120 Kb.

Avatars must be no more than 200x200 pixels and no more than 60kb in file size and must not be offensive.  

KinTharEl

Rank 2
KinTharEl
PostedApr 24, 2013 1:11 am
I'm guessing most of the people here either weren't here for the first server merge of Alice and Siropas or either forgot it. That was the time when improper chat usage really was at its worst. I was an Alice player trying to get people to use the proper channels, and most of the populace from Siropas were indifferent towards it. In their minds, the thought that was running through was, "As long as the message gets through, who cares what channel I send it through?" With that, a lot of improper chat usage ran rampant, which just annoyed most of the Alice players. Anyways, I digress. The best way in my opinion would be to have the GMs mute offenders during the times that they(the GMs) log on and keep them muted for anywhere between a day to a week. With this being enforced, the offenders would think twice of using the wrong chat.

Coming Soon.