isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Using Channels Properly/ Suggestions

Well I've been noticing that there's still alot of people who doesn't know what some of the channels are for:

LFP: Looking For Player/ Players/Party (or whatever xD) : Usually LFP is used only IF you are looking for help, looking for a party against a world boss and/or sometimes looking for a lover.

Trade:This chat is for someone who wants to sell stuffs, buy stuffs, or trade stuffs with other people

World: Well world chat is usually used to ask information, ask some FAQ's about the game, or any other useful information, All Guild Bosses, Emisarry Bosses, some facts about NPC's (like Jasid) are announced

But as of now, people doesn't know how to chat on these channels properly. For example:

[World][Guy1]: SELLING STUFFS FOR 1K G! PM ME FAST!

That is an example. Guy1 should had practically used Trade instead of World. Plus, he used caps.

[LFP][Guy1]: omg lol don't party that guy he sucks
[LFP][Guy2] really? is he annoying?
[LFP][Guy1] YEAH

...(conversation still continuing)

Practically they used LFP to say negative comments about another guy. Usually they could have just talked in whisper.

Another example

[World][Guy1]: JOIN HF 30!! 2 MORE!! GOGOGOGO!!!!

usually people are like this in world, PVP should be announced in LFP chat.

And the all-time favorite! (some people do this so don't judge me xD)

[Trade][Guy1]: BUYING ACV LEECH 35G PER RUN
[Trade][Guy2]: WTS ACV RUNS 35G WHISPER ME

People are really much confused about this part. But the correct channel for this is really LFP chat. And practically the BEST way of asking is:

[LFP][Guy3]: LFP ACV Leech pm me

(and the person who's leeching would whisper the amount)

Some people are using channels improperly. Even though GSes or some other normal people would tell them the right channel, they would still continue like they didn't see anything.

for my suggestions:

1) There should be mute commands in which once a GS or a GM would check the naughty people, they would mute them for awhile
2) Caps in world: they should also give a penalty for them like mute too
3) 1 day mute whenever that person has multiple offenses

(sorry i'm just strict in rules lol)
just comment below for your comments and some suggestions too ^^

This is just my own Opinion about using the channels, so please don't be offended or so ^^ thanks

Advertisement

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:42 pm
While i agree with your valid argument there lies the issue of whom should be able to have the authority to mute, and what prevents those that has that power from not abusing it. while you have a good idea the responsibility behind said power would have to be delegated and moderated

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:49 pm
While There is no rule that stats that we have to use the correct chat, It just stats we use the appropriate chat. Indeed dungeon runs are used via the trade chat because you're selling the run.

GS's wouldn't be able to get a power such as this- They are just normal players. GM's on the hand might be able to get a power such as this but I doubt it. I do get where you're coming from, but there isn't a way to force someone to use the appropriate chat. As Spikerip said, Having such power would have to be delegated and moderated, GS's and GM's can't be on GF 24/7 watching chats on both servers(soon to be one) and muting people that use the wrong chats, Some accidently use the wrong chat, and usually state after would that they have used it. While this is a great idea, and it would be great to have, It would cause too much drama, and people would end up getting grumpy, because they are getting muted for using the "wrong chat". This is just my two cents, I mean no disrespect, I'm just telling it how I think it is.

Saladitos

Rank 0
Saladitos
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Using Channels Properly/ Suggestions

isay37 wrote:

1) There should be mute commands in which once a GS or a GM would check the naughty people, they would mute them for awhile
2) Caps in world: they should also give a penalty for them like mute too
3) 1 day mute whenever that person has multiple offenses

(sorry i'm just strict in rules lol)
just comment below for your comments and some suggestions too ^^

This is just my own Opinion about using the channels, so please don't be offended or so ^^ thanks  

1)GS's should never ever get mute powers or any type of power as this can easily be abused.
2) We already have a rule on using caps on World if you use CAPS more than twice it is considered spamming which the ToS says. So a simple RT can handle it.
3)idk no response.

I really don't care if you use the wrong channel once or twice. I only recommend people using the correct channel but that is it. Not everyone knows how to use the channels mostly newbies but this is where this little guide comes in. Great work!

seikokitsune

Rank 0
seikokitsune
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:52 pm
I've noticed instances when normal people try to correct these simple mistakes or tell people to please use other chats they are met with, well saying a sour response wouldn't really do it justice, More down right hostility. As for penalties for multiple wrong chat offenses what about people who accidentally wrong chat multiple times a day. Sometimes this does come up on Quill ch3, people do post in world because everyone seems to ignore their simple request in LFP do those people deserve to be muted based on the fact most people either have LFP turned off or simply don't care enough to answer them after they've requests in LFP?.

All in all though, I can't complain about the concept of chat actually being enforced in a way more then just. " Hey you don't do that here use LFP/World/Trade"

Go home.

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:02 pm
seikokitsune wrote:
I've noticed instances when normal people try to correct these simple mistakes or tell people to please use other chats they are met with, well saying a sour response wouldn't really do it justice, More down right hostility. As for penalties for multiple wrong chat offenses what about people who accidentally wrong chat multiple times a day. Sometimes this does come up on Quill ch3, people do post in world because everyone seems to ignore their simple request in LFP do those people deserve to be muted based on the fact most people either have LFP turned off or simply don't care enough to answer them after they've requests in LFP?.

All in all though, I can't complain about the concept of chat actually being enforced in a way more then just. " Hey you don't do that here use LFP/World/Trade"  

+1 to this i have seen some that accidentally post in the wrong chat and they get a blast of 5 or 6 ppl Rage posting " use X chat! " that is clearly not the way to get someone to use the right channel. personally I like the helpful interested touch. For example if someone is trying to sell something and they accidentally post it in world my normal response would be " Hey that is a pretty nice item but you might get better results selling it in Trade chat " most of them when they realize they have goofed usually thank me and change over to the proper chat channel with little to no issue

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:10 pm
last time i checked, you can't party up outside of arena so who says arena announce should be in LFP? that's for searching out parties, no?

and if you selling or buying a leech run, i see no issue with it being in TRADE, seeing as it's a trade of service for currency.

until there is a hard and fast RULE about where to post X, there can't be penalties as harsh as those for posting in the wrong place. if you have an issue with multiple offenders misusing the chat channels, RT and block and move on with your gaming.

seikokitsune

Rank 0
seikokitsune
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:16 pm
Spikerip wrote:

+1 to this i have seen some that accidentally post in the wrong chat and they get a blast of 5 or 6 ppl Rage posting " use X chat! " that is clearly not the way to get someone to use the right channel. personally I like the helpful interested touch. For example if someone is trying to sell something and they accidentally post it in world my normal response would be " Hey that is a pretty nice item but you might get better results selling it in Trade chat " most of them when they realize they have goofed usually thank me and change over to the proper chat channel with little to no issue  

I try to be polite about correcting peoples wrong chats as well, especially when it is a first time offense or someone whom is known to make wrong chats. Sometimes being polite gets hard when its their 9th wrong chat in under 15 minutes and their messages look like they belong in a skittles bag.

Go home.

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:20 pm
lmao. i don't even know what that's supposed to mean, but LOL

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:29 pm
miroshisama wrote:
last time i checked, you can't party up outside of arena so who says arena announce should be in LFP? that's for searching out parties, no?

and if you selling or buying a leech run, i see no issue with it being in TRADE, seeing as it's a trade of service for currency.

until there is a hard and fast RULE about where to post X, there can't be penalties as harsh as those for posting in the wrong place. if you have an issue with multiple offenders misusing the chat channels, RT and block and move on with your gaming.  

well for that, LFP can also be looking for players or for them to join arena and other than that i cant see other ways to announce it other than LFP o.o plus battlefield chat isnt much used tho

Trade: yeah, im also confused too at one time, i just find it very weird (seriously) lol O.o

and yeah... about that.. its not harsh when they are not following for the nth time.. maybe 2- 3 times is nice, but n times everyday can be really annoying o.o