Jodeena

Rank 0
Jodeena
PostedApr 21, 2013 12:35 pm

About skill trees?

Everything that i have read on skill trees talks about how to properly hybridize them so my question for of those of you who lucky enough to play alpha the first time around or play other version is: Is there a skill at the bottom of each tree to entice you to get to it before spending too many points on the other tree? (such as an impressive heal at the bottom of the clerics heal tree and a high damage AOE at the bottom of the train tree). The only other game i can think of with this tree set up, requiring points for active and passive skills, is DKO and they stuck awesome AOEs and powerful spells right at the bottom so you would have to invest in that tree to get to them.

On a side note: is life skills/ crafting leveling a tree also or more of a point system?

Madeleine L'Engle. "'You can try,' Mrs. Whatsit said, 'though I'm not sure how it will work. You see, though we travel together, we travel alone. (A Wrinkle in Time)
Advertisement

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedApr 21, 2013 1:46 pm
Well, yes each skill tree has an enticing skill at the bottom that you probably want to go for. But now that classes go one of two ways rather than just having two skill trees, its easier to pick one.

You can then hybridize with the skills given to you in your advanced class, along with cards + universal skills.

As for the life class system, originally there was no skill tree, that's not exactly how it works. How it works now is unknown, best to just wait see and be surprised \o/