JudgementStar

Rank 2
JudgementStar
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:25 am   Last edited by JudgementStar on Nov 23, 2013 11:05 pm. Edited 47 times in total

Dynasty Warriors Online Z

Does anyone actually check the OP? owo *Updated*

The opening to DWOZ.

The PlayStation page of DWOZ.

This year, on July 18, the Japanese DWO will have a major patch update.
Like, seriously major. Not just your routine scenario change.
Here's the link. And here's a video of what was covered during the show. Here's a link with some images in it.

So basically, as DWO's mechanics, graphics, gameplay etc. were based on DW5, DWOZ will be based on DW7.

So... discussion time? o.o

Personal thoughts:
This should be an expansion, but I don't wanna get my hopes up since I can't understand the text. I'm hoping this isn't anything like what CAPCOM did with Monster Hunter Frontier G. - CATGUN says its just an expansion though.
I believe Koei already did something like this for the Android; make a game like DWO, everything from graphics and what not but with DW7 gameplay. I believe it was along the lines of Dynasty Warriors SLASH.

EDIT - From botched up Google Translate:

1. Jin Faction added
  2. Some botched up thing about "it is possible to fight while the two dimensional worlds weapon. New action is generated for each combination, when switching weapons, made a continuous line attack ever." My interpretation: Weapon Switching from DW7. EDIT: This seems true - "Player characters can wield two weapons and can further alter their moveset with personal skills.". Taken from Koei Wikia news. Personal skills though? o: I haven't played DW7, but is that like Warriors Orochi skills like Brave, Air, Agility e.t.c.?
  3. Something about "renew the country take system!". My take: Revised CP system.
  4. " Access the game anywhere on the Web app!". I couldn't get this the first time CATGUN said, but from reading, this is what I got out of it: You can use other devices like your Smartphone to access DWO, but only for menial tasks like checking the Broker and Gardening.
  5. The last point pointed out by the first link: New elements yet to be revealed. So... I guess this isn't just it?

UPDATE: New visuals on DWOZ. Some more here.
Looks like new gear, new character customization. owo And Sima Shi, on a field!

The first thingy updated. It expands on the features I listed above, but otherwise nothing we don't know already. The last point is something I don't get... I'm probably wrong in thinking this, but it says something about new weapons; either upcoming weapons after the update (which is pretty obvious I think), or Wang Yuanji's Throwing Knives as a weap (since her name pops up for some reason) (UPDATE: It be Wang Yuanji's Throwing Knives). Also "new character sounds". Not sure about what this means, but something like new SFX is a kinda lame thing to say so... new voices? Iunno. Otherwise, it trails off saying that there's more features/"elements" to come.

More stuffz - Looks like the Limited and Treasure Box Edition bonuses or something like that for the PS3 version.
More Treasure Box goodies can be seen here.

Details of the scenario and generals in the factions. Also 2 new available voices at Beautician for each gender, including details of which seiyuu voices it.

Woosh~ New Hair in Beautician, along with Seiyuu information for more Generals in DWOZ. Also expanded on the 2 Weapon System - more information to come. Some more information, including pictures on Weapon Switching, here.

Throwing Knives! Along with Wang Yuanji gear for female and male. Also more generals for the scenario are revealed. More visuals and information from the main site can be found here.

New CP system! (/o.o)/
Sorry, I can't really be bothered explaining the new CP system, Pan did that already and I didn't pay attention LOL. He may or may not post here. If the above link doesn't work, check here.
New generals - Sun Shang Xiang and Lu Xun in Wu and Yue Ying and Jiang Wei in Shu.
4Gamer's coverage can be seen here.

New visuals on DWOZ, including Break Change, Throwing Knives, the new loading screen, and some other goodies. More can be seen here.
A little look at Throwing Knives Gameplay here, the Musou, and the True Musou.
Weapon switching in action.
Yesterday's press release/interview/round table contains some gameplay as well, along with a coverage on the mobile feature and pre-order bonuses.

More info on the mobile thingy and scenario can be seen here. The rulers have been confirmed.

A live event is scheduled to air in niconico on July 17th 22:00-24:00 JST. It can be viewed here.
A summary of it can be seen here, along with more confirmed generals: Xing Cai, Cai Wenji and Lianshi.

Latest information on DWOZ - Ranks are adjusted: player's honor will be halved to a minimum of 5000 and a maximum of 50,000 for players with over 5k honor, but the requirements for ranks are changed. Honor required for ranks are now generally halved. Among other things though, silhouttes of new capes and Zuo Ci confirmed as the Other Officer in the scenario. For anyone in Japan, a 15 second PR ad will air on Tokyo MX from July 18-27 at 23:00 - 26:00. Its apparently a little different to the game opening.
More here.

A look at some other in-game files.
Includes new gear, the capes, furniture, items and weapons.

15/08/13 - Sima Zhao Weapon n.n More can be seen here. To be continued.

12/09/13 - Drill Spear (Deng Ai's Weapon). Among other things, new Power Ranger looking set gear and furniture, as shown. Coverage of the main site can be seen here. D.Spear demonstration can be seen here.

The Taiwanese server also got a Nunchaku update. Changes/updates can be seen here. When it'll come to JP server is unknown. Updates on P.Sword Fan, E.Sword Fan and Scimitar Pierce are also available. There may be more out there. *UPDATE*: As Pulsar pointed out to me, these updates, including the Nunchaku update, were a mistake. They were undid on the TW/CN servers. The 17/10/13 update in JP will most likely implement the same updates to E.Sword, P.Sword and Scimitar.

03/10/13 - 1st Major Update in DWOZ announced. Its called Rising 1, as opposed to the previous "Strikes" DWO used, and is scheduled to be patched on 21/11/13. So far, R7 Weapons were announced as a part of this patch. The discussion of Rising 1 can be seen here, in the thread Pan made.

17/10/13 - Patch notes for 17/10/13 up. Also shows poll and survey results, including satisfaction on DWOZ and Character popularity polls. According to Pan, this update will also consist of the Nunchaku update leaked in TW/CN servers and DW7 Ling Tong gear.

21/11/13 - Rising 1 is finally out! DWOZ Rising 1 Patch, courteousy of Pan.

GPara
4Gamer
Dengeki Online
Online Gamer

Reference
GPara interview
The new weapon, the L.Spear (Jiang Wei DW7 weapon) can be seen here.
Other weapon updates can be seen here. Discussion on these updates can be seen starting from this page/post.

Advertisement

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:35 am
more laggy foreigners as now they will have dial up lag and FPS lag

This is why I don't play DWO

HellStormTitan

Rank 3
HellStormTitan
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:45 am
English version will release in 2017.

Sarcasm aside, this is indeed interesting, ill be looking forward to it.

- Credit to Blame - GS ChaoRa.BH1 - Style name: Fengbao - Master of War Blades -

gv2mancia

Rank 0
gv2mancia
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:51 am
no engine update... only cheap motion blur effect

they will just reskin our commanders

and added Jin force

it wont be as good as we expected haha

itst

Rank 4
itst
PostedApr 21, 2013 7:03 am
The guy playing in that youtube video really sucked...

OH THE LIES!!!

schuky2

Rank 2
schuky2
PostedApr 21, 2013 7:07 am
gv2mancia wrote:
no engine update... only cheap motion blur effect

they will just reskin our commanders

and added Jin force

it wont be as good as we expected haha  

erickerick9

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 7:46 am
I knew it!!! I always thought that if DWO is closed, Koei will just make another game based on latest DW games, and it's already happening even before DWO is closed (even though it is just an expansion, it is still quite a lot of changes). I really hope the game system will become similar to DW7.

Looking forward it. I wonder if EN server will still exist when it... Never mind, need to be a positive thinker, Razz

noordin_ngentot

Rank 5
noordin_ngentot
PostedApr 21, 2013 8:02 am
Well, if it's only eye candy update like ZhaoHuo said, prob really nothing to look forward to, but July 18 still long enough that we can expect more change or update, I think.

Either way, if the stuff like 2 changeable weapon and no more long musou per hit is applied, it sure will bring some significant change to the game, perhaps.

We shall wait and see for more information.

And I guess no more antitipcation for Sun Ce scenario change on this server after this announcement lol.

invokerage

Rank 0
invokerage
PostedApr 21, 2013 9:37 am
If motion blur is added to DWO and there isnt a way to disable it..I'll quit. Motion blur is the most over hyped garbage feature to any game ever. it seriously pisses me off and hurts my eyes..why would anyone even want motion blur

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedApr 21, 2013 10:03 am
General designs to be changed.

New Liu Bei and Yuan Shao.

Nope.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.