PoArVl

Rank 0
PoArVl
PostedApr 20, 2013 11:53 am
15k AP to get a costume?
I start to doubt sanity of some Aeria product managers. Or 150$ become just a pocket change without me noticing this?

V And, all what this person said V. Agreed and very saddened by the current state of the game.
KITEl.SS wrote:

P.S.: But to be at least a bit concrete and counter some "personalties" that set their aim (or just paid for that) to discredit every person that dos not agree with current Aeria policy regarding SB, and just supporting whatever folly Aeria decides upon. I would bring in one suggestion (not sure if it was mentioned already, to lazy to read trough. Sorry). Make ladders permanent, and NOT time based. That will encourage people to spend a bit more to earn the ladder prizes and winning them all over and over again. Or you can make all this prizes, to be claimed only once per account. That would still make them rare in game, yet people would be more willing to spend more in the long run, to get all the prizes from all ladders. If they doesn't have to worry about the ladder reaching date end.

"I will deliver you bad luck"
Advertisement

starfirahs

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: 14969ap roughly equates 150usd

ExsecratusRex wrote:
but the prizes don't stack correct. I have played other aeria games where this is reasonable b/c the ladders stack and prizes are worth it. but for sb everything has gotten abit over priced I mean its worth considering but 150 bucks is a fairly expensive piece of in game luxery. I'm not hating on the game. I do enjoy playing it. I just think the market side aspect for this game is a bit audacious.  

Thank goodness someone else noticed. I 100% agree with your post! <3

~Starfirahs

joe.vella85

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:05 pm
It seems to me this they are putting alot of items up for sale in a game that has about 2 days of content per character short of bgs once an hour.

SeikoDee

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
SeikoDee
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:53 pm
I'd have to agree. At certain points I know for a fact that these prices are crazy, but I still find myself spending money to buy these. I've created a spreadsheet, to see how much I've spent on AP for the past two months, and more than enough to buy a Burberry handbag or two. @.@;

I have a tendency to collect outfits in the game, so I feel I'd have to purchase it since I wouldn't be sure when it will be available again. Other than that, I wish these events would allow purchase and availability in general also being shared between classes, thus me having many issues about the game, but I still find myself playing it from time to time.

Raptor091288

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:58 pm
So... $150 for sexy underwear in Scarlet Blade with the most generic point-and-click gameplay you can possibly imagine from a Korean MMORPG, or $10 for sexy underwear in Vindictus, which while entirely 4-8 person instances (excluding the 24-man raids but eh), has a vastly superior endgame, combat system, graphics... The list goes on.

Not a hard decision here, I'm ashamed to be of the same species as people that actually pay for these events.

I'd actually play (and continue to pay for) the game if costumes had a remotely reasonable price. $200 or a 1 in what, 1000 chance in a lottery box (which is then divided further by the number of classes in the game because you're not even guaranteed to get your own class's item) for something? No thanks. I'll stick to my guaranteed $10 purchases in just about any other F2P MMORPG.

dssmith99

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 2:21 pm
Does anyone else think it's outrageous to charge $150 for a simple recolor of an outfit? All they have to do is just move a slider in photoshop on the texture. It literally takes like 2 seconds. What's next? another $150 for a green one? another 150 for a blue one? Why not just make a ten use dye kit and charge us a thousand? It would be a $50 discount on the next ten recolors they do.

Oh, I know. Because if anyone saw them charging a grand for anything and it was a "discount" price nearly everyone would rage quit. This way they get to milk all the suckers without them realizing it.

Now, I realize one could argue that this is just a "Bonus" item. Which I suppose is fine if you were planning on spending that kind of cash in the first place. But even so, I don't think very many people would be spending that kind of money normally on range boxes and games of chance; where most of what they end up with is junk.

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedApr 20, 2013 2:37 pm
I really wish Aeria Games would just offer a Pro subscription where you get free vanity items account bound to enjoy.

The sad part is that with their current pricing scheme, this subscription would be at 1000 dollars a month. And you'd still save like 90% of what it would have cost you in normal shop. Meaning Aeria would be losing 90% profit in their eyes, so they wouldn't even be willing to accept 1000 dollars a month because it would be "too cheap".

It really is beyond crazy. If you even touch the store, it seems like you'll have wasted money compared to paying 12 months of WoW or other game.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedApr 20, 2013 4:35 pm
How do you obtain levels? Do you have to buy a certain amount of AP items per level? Or can you just buy 1 thing and automatically reach a certain level?

I didn't try the last Bonus Ladders.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedApr 20, 2013 4:41 pm
UndeadHost wrote:
How do you obtain levels? Do you have to buy a certain amount of AP items per level? Or can you just buy 1 thing and automatically reach a certain level?

As long as you purchase items over the required AP limit (be it in one purchase or a multiple), then you are eligible for the prizes. For example, if you buy the Tainted Love Adventure Pack, you will be automatically qualified for the Level 6 part. Inversely, you can buy 5 Pearlflame Sleipnirs for the same level 6.

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedApr 20, 2013 4:43 pm
skull12580 wrote:
UndeadHost wrote:

As long as you purchase items over the required AP limit (be it in one purchase or a multiple), then you are eligible for the prizes. For example, if you buy the Tainted Love Adventure Pack, you will be automatically qualified for the Level 6 part. Inversely, you can buy 5 Pearlflame Sleipnirs for the same level 6.  

So, in layman's terms?