z_kamenetskaya

Rank 0
z_kamenetskaya
PostedJun 28, 2013 3:54 pm
I know the place where those spy girls appear regularly. It's Mereholt, Devilkin Cave. You teleport there, and enter the cave that goes straight north. Just walk a little bit like 10 meters so you can see far into the cave.

A spy will appear within few minutes, and then the second, some times together.

But the problem is, you kill them, and they don't come any more. Really, I had it running on my laptop at work for hours just waiting for the spy to come and they didn't. And once somebody else there killed my spy so I only got one.

I don't know, do they regenerate once a day or something?

Does anyone know another place for spy hunting?
Advertisement

Adasuna

Rank 3
Adasuna
PostedJun 28, 2013 6:45 pm
z_kamenetskaya wrote:
I know the place where those spy girls appear regularly. It's Mereholt, Devilkin Cave. You teleport there, and enter the cave that goes straight north. Just walk a little bit like 10 meters so you can see far into the cave.

A spy will appear within few minutes, and then the second, some times together.

But the problem is, you kill them, and they don't come any more. Really, I had it running on my laptop at work for hours just waiting for the spy to come and they didn't. And once somebody else there killed my spy so I only got one.

I don't know, do they regenerate once a day or something?

Does anyone know another place for spy hunting?  

They appear in many location, they have a run route, if someone intercept their running route, the timer starts again.

zeltin

Rank 0
PostedJun 28, 2013 9:24 pm
They run fast....my poor little nubby quest bike can barely catch them after a long chase lmao

Some Come,Some Go,Some Battle To The Death against The Foe.

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedJul 01, 2013 4:14 pm
I was chasing one on foot up near where the Thistlefists are, and barely managed to keep her in sight. When we got to a certain point on the Serpent's Path, she turned around and started back toward me -- so if you can tail a Spy long enough, and no one picks her off, you can get her because she'll come to you.

The Serpent's Path spies also came at me while I was dealing with the Corrupted Arkana Clones -- just like everyone else's, their footsteps are audible. And once the spies came in pairs, but the other one ran away while I was fighting her partner. This is weird, since I hear they usually team up.

JudithFlow

Rank 0
PostedJul 01, 2013 4:27 pm
BNuts001 wrote:
I was chasing one on foot up near where the Thistlefists are, and barely managed to keep her in sight. When we got to a certain point on the Serpent's Path, she turned around and started back toward me -- so if you can tail a Spy long enough, and no one picks her off, you can get her because she'll come to you.

The Serpent's Path spies also came at me while I was dealing with the Corrupted Arkana Clones -- just like everyone else's, their footsteps are audible. And once the spies came in pairs, but the other one ran away while I was fighting her partner. This is weird, since I hear they usually team up.  

They often come in pairs, one shortly after the other. But aggroing one does not automatically agro the other as well.
Their aggro mechanism seems very wonky anyway. Sometimes they start attacking me right away, other times I can follow them at just about 5 meters for ages and they just keep running.

I'd really like to see them become more agressive though, they'd make an awesome bot-cleanup service!

BNuts001

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
BNuts001
PostedJul 03, 2013 3:06 pm
My experience suggests that they go after you if you have already downed a spy in that area. At least, that's what it seemed like when I killed a Spy down near where the Stalkers and Queens are, and when I went up after the Corrupted Arkana instead of running past me the spy closed in for an attack, but I was already turning to counter it. Two more did the same later.

But I've no idea of their spawn rate, and when I go actively looking I haven't encountered any, but a guildmate did instead.