darkdemise18

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Alter is a disgrace.

bad drop rate stingy aeria dosnt care about the economy
Its bad enough we have gold spammers flooding are game's economy so for the people who want to be legit in gold earning and acquiring there gears its not easy.
I know people will say alter is a gamble or its a free game no one forced you to buy eden crystals.
that's not the point IM making your absolutely right but for the people who want to be legit players why go though such a bad system of obtaining the items you want?
Would it not be in aerie's best interest to make altar better with better drop rates?
The way I see it more people would buy ecs instead of waiting for some lucky person to hit the item they want and then having that person sell the item way over priced which again brings me back to the games economy if your not really wealthy and can't dump money into ecs and get control over the items released which in turn makes you rich in game and makes you have a say in were the items price range is because lets face it once an item price rises it usually stays there till its flooded back into the community and is more common but with that being said increasing altar drop ate would fix a lot of these problems now IM not saying I want a prize for every 25 ecs I spend but if your throwing on 50 or more u should be hitting something this is the worst "chance/luck/supposedly" type of item gamble I've seen in all of my online game experienced
and for aeria to not take notice or give any real response makes me feel they don't care about there customers and just want there money and could care less about how its slowly killing the game.
Advertisement

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:58 am
Before I make my statement, I have to say that this is perhaps the greatest run-on sentence I have ever came across. I commend you for having me squeeze out every cubic centimeter of my lung capacity to finish reading it.

You have great point, and I kinda have to agree with you. Many items are in great demand but low supply, and it's bad enough that they're hard to land on in the altar. This previous SS altar was nice, but came somewhat as a double-edged sword in many ways. I spent around 105 ECs on it....and the only good things I landed on that were worth any profit (due to the price of each EC) were a pack of 35 SS, a Charmed Exorcist Robe, and 4 Corona's Essence 75s. Out of 105 ECs, I this meant I landed in 5-7th tiers at least 4 times (and this isn't counting on the times I DID land in it only to fall into a gold EC, or War Stone, as was the case with the SS altar). Doing that probability, of all my ECs, only .95% of them landed on something worthy (note the decimal please). I know these results may vary between players, but for a game where many items on altar are in high demand (chisels, coronas, safety stones, etc.) it would be logical that by landing on these much-needed items more often we'd have a demand met, not starved and then fed through a tube.

Note: there was a rumor that on Sapphire the chances were increased, and we've seen em on several players. The Aurora Lance became so common that those wanting to sell them sooner lowered their prices down to 12k, a nostalgic price for such a commodity. Even Memory Tomes went from 900g to just around 200-350g. Just an example of the possible benefits of raising the chances. The playerbase has nothing else but to be thankful for it.

-Is currently looking for someone to revamp my profile, message/comment if interested.

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedApr 19, 2013 1:23 am
The rumoured increased rates have also been believed to be on Diamond also, but it's Altar so who knows?

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedApr 19, 2013 4:03 am
It's not only in EE, really. The RNG is always bad and unfair to the players in an F2P game.

ShAd0wMaGe

Rank 1
ShAd0wMaGe
PostedApr 19, 2013 4:12 am
PoolHooss wrote:
Before I make my statement, I have to say that this is perhaps the greatest run-on sentence I have ever came across. I commend you for having me squeeze out every cubic centimeter of my lung capacity to finish reading it.

impressive, i couldnt even come close.
sorry OP, but please take the time to put your thoughts into a legible form.
it will help you with support for said idea, instead of giving readers headaches trying to figure out just what it is youre doing.

crees211331

Rank 0
crees211331
PostedApr 19, 2013 4:58 am
Last few altars have almost certainly had increased rates, if anything the chances of this altar to land on the Paintbrush and Memory Tomes are just a little /too/ high. It was an issue prior to the recent changes as there was an awful lot spent for ridiculously low chances of reward, yes, but not right now.

Are you purely trying for the top tiers rather than taking the good items in the lower levels? You'll find more satisfaction if you actually hit 'take item' now and then, also the NT Alpaca on the top row isn't worth the time of day let alone the Eden Crystals.

Meow.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedApr 19, 2013 5:26 am
there have been quite a few troll altars: the nt alpaca, the colors in "must take" slots, etc. increased rates only means a greater chance of getting trolled.

1) stop putting anything other than the altar ec's in the "must take" slots. I still have 20+ grass green dyes that are worthless because there are still so many of them from that junk altar. If you're going to continue putting items in those slots then at least they should be something valuable, like cp/xp/loot charms.

2) there should never be nt items in the altar, period.

3) to op: if you think the odds are bad in the altar try some of the "fortune" bags sometime. Very Happy

darkdemise18

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 5:32 am
crees211331 wrote:
Last few altars have almost certainly had increased rates, if anything the chances of this altar to land on the Paintbrush and Memory Tomes are just a little /too/ high. It was an issue prior to the recent changes as there was an awful lot spent for ridiculously low chances of reward, yes, but not right now.

Are you purely trying for the top tiers rather than taking the good items in the lower levels? You'll find more satisfaction if you actually hit 'take item' now and then, also the NT Alpaca on the top row isn't worth the time of day let alone the Eden Crystals.  

your actualy half right, even though i wasn't really aiming the top tier and got trolled and hit the crappy alpaca x's 2 out of a 100 ecs only got magic bunny paint brush x1 and i was only aiming the 1st gold row.
I sware every time it didnt go to gold ec there were a few moments were i could of landed on a bear pet but due to the payout settings it would skip over when music stopped.

For the people commenting on how long or how unorganized my post was, sorry for that, but wouldn't it be better for some feedback rather then grade my post like an english teacher?

hikashu

GameSage: Eden Eternal
hikashu
PostedApr 19, 2013 8:37 am
darkdemise18 wrote:

For the people commenting on how long or how unorganized my post was, sorry for that, but wouldn't it be better for some feedback rather then grade my post like an english teacher?  

I agree, people should be able to voice their opinion without being flamed about improper grammar or sentence structure this is not school...loosen up.

Also, constructive feedback is what darkdemise18 was seeking. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, We want to encourage people to voice their opinions and encourage more forum presence as well as new ideas not run them away.