ZiggyIsGrape
PostedApr 22, 2013 12:22 am
Dang that's terrible news Sad

Advertisement

Tcaine

Rank 0
PostedApr 22, 2013 12:54 am
Nornkitty wrote:
I'm actually glad this game is shutting down, and if I had my way, I'd say keep it shut down, for good. I have a lot to say about this game and the player community. No money was even being made from this game due to an inactive item mall to begin with.

As I have stated before I have played video games since the days of Atari 2600 and I am an old school gamer, I've played games on all kinds of systems and my majority of games I have played are RPGS, FIGHTING, FPS, and a few racing games. I have played a few MMO's as well, the longest one I played for was Final Fantasy 11, had PVE and PVP. Had end game, had expansions, and yes it was pay to play. I played that game for 5 years, had an abundant selection of jobs and races and the party system, compared to this game blows it out of the water because you actually NEED a balance of classes/jobs to fight enemies for experience points. This game is point click, let a warrior or paladin run around and spam your AOE skills no matter what job you are. Paladins could actually tank in that game, why? Because they actually had the defense, skills and spells that this game seriously lacks for a true tank to exist.

Let's talk about PvP. Now if it's my understanding PvP is player vs player when people on their own accord wanted to flag up and participate in matches. This open PvP world does not only force it upon people who's forte is not PvP and maybe some people who do like PvP simply do not want to at the time because they want to actually do some quests or farm. Having open PvP where you can't even use skills is well, dumb. A shadowmage or a sorc to use a sword and shield against a paladin or warrior is laughable. Let me tell you about a game also that has open PvP and it failed, it was a pay to play game that went free to play because it was so unbalanced it lost people so that is why it went to free to play and that game is Aion and it is pretty much the same thing going on there as it is going on here now, area camping and farming questers that are still in level range from the cap. I'm really alarmed by the player base here calling people whiners and who "QQ" when they get killed or over this new content. Why shouldn't they or why not? As Asuka put in her post and she hit it spot on, this type of PvP is only going to be used for abuse as harassment towards other players.

If you are going to have quests in a PK or PvP area, the people who are at said level that need those quests will be camped by slightly level higher players that are still in level cap that are armed to the teeth and will farm the lower levels, they get upset, annoyed, etc and they quit, so that really is not conducive for a game to thrive and flourish. PvP should be a part of a game that is enjoyed by all, something that we all should want to participate like RvR or CS (that is if the fps issue was actually solved) and more thought was put into it. I've said it before if this game wants it's PvP to thrive, it needs a serious over haul and a different idea, instances for matches alliances for both RVR and CS and even like Pure said it could have been faction based.

Level cap raise...was asked about over and over again and why the big secret of a 3 level cap difference was kept is baffling to say the least. Again, Pure also was right about once people hit that, what was the incentive to keep us playing, more broken RvR and CS? To enjoy a "Open PvP system" that you can't even use skills in?

It really is not fair for any of you to belittle anyone of our opinions and tell us to go play hugs and kisses or hello kitty. If this game was pure PvP then why even have quests and a story line in the first place? There is a huge PvE aspect of this game which most of the people here enjoy. I'm glad I quit this game, this game has more problems than the game itself and problems with this community. I've made some friends here but a lot of these people now I see are nothing but video game bullies who for some god known reason needs to feel more superior to others in a virtual game and take it way too seriously than what you should. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed, when it becomes more than that, there is a serious problem.

In my opinion, I think there is something seriously amiss with the developers and I do feel really sorry for Aeria for choosing this game to publish, am I blaming them? No, they saw potential probably from the Korean version to have a version brought out here, but I just think it probably sounded better on paper than it was improperly executed. I wish and hope a better MMO comes along for Aeria that we all can enjoy.

Take care all of you and good luck in your every day life adventures.

Sincerely,

Norn~  

have you seen or played the Korean version? here is how it is there, there is OPEN PK AREAS just like here same exact areas in-fact. now here is the difference between here and the Korean version. Here when your PK'd you lose what? GP and BP and nothing else. However over in the Korean Version, if you get PK'd not only do you lose your precious GP and BP. You also have the possibility of dropping items that are not bound to your character. so stop your QQ about this and be grateful that the Aeria Devs changed it to were you only lose GP and BP.

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:02 am
Never did i once how you so eloquently put "QQ" and it is the same mentality of your one sided thinking and behavior is ruining this player community. I posted what I said of all of the current issues in this game and a voice for other players who have felt the same way and back up what current players have said in this game as fixes.

If you do not like what I wrote that's fine, we are entitled to our own opinion, but the way you have chose your words makes me think you are A either a child or if you are an adult I feel sad for you that any of us can have a healthy discussion on what we think about a product or service of the game. Aeria is not the developer of the game for one, they are the publisher and did I not say I do not blame Aeria?

We all have our own views about this game and I'm simply stating mine, if you do not like it there is no need for attacks on the forum, I have done nothing to you to warrant an attack and I feel you need to relax yourself.

-Norn-

Tcaine

Rank 0
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:14 am
Nornkitty wrote:
Aeria is not the developer of the game for one, they are the publisher

all i gotta say is LOL

you do realize as a publisher you buy the rights to change or alter things the original devs have created to your(aeria) liking for a different version? you do realize how lets say baka you are right now? you also do realize how pathetic your being? if you "quit" the game stop your QQ and go some place else that you feel more at ease instead of sitting around a forum of a game that You did QQ at. and also your assumptions of me being a child or a adult with low morale? LMFAO are you that much of a moron who only assumes BS? this game cant shut down completely untill the korean version does. now this version can but not the Game itself. so go pick up the books do some research before you actually "assume" things that are out of your control.

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:17 am
what you are doing is called trolling and my friend, you are sadly mistaken, Aeria has no rights to change ANYTHING in the game, all the GMs can do is report bugs to the game developers, it's written in a lot of posts within numerous forums. Only the developers can make changes or updates to the game. I do not understand what is up with you at all Tcaine. I'm trying to stay the course and discuss with you normally and in a civil manner but with you I guess that is just impossible because all you like to do is antagonize and TRY to put what I say down.

I stand by what I say no matter how hard you try to put me down. Do you have low self esteem or a low sense of security issue that you have to attack and put people down for their opinions and beliefs?

-Norn-

eillin23

Rank 0
eillin23
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:21 am   Last edited by eillin23 on Apr 22, 2013 1:24 am. Edited 1 time in total
+1000

eillin23

Rank 0
eillin23
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:24 am
Nornkitty wrote:
what you are doing is called trolling and my friend, you are sadly mistaken, Aeria has no rights to change ANYTHING in the game, all the GMs can do is report bugs to the game developers, it's written in a lot of posts within numerous forums. Only the developers can make changes or updates to the game. I do not understand what is up with you at all Tcaine. I'm trying to stay the course and discuss with you normally and in a civil manner but with you I guess that is just impossible because all you like to do is antagonize and TRY to put what I say down.

I stand by what I say no matter how hard you try to put me down. Do you have low self esteem or a low sense of security issue that you have to attack and put people down for their opinions and beliefs?  

agree agree agree

Tcaine

Rank 0
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:27 am
actually aeria does have the rights. go do some research on what "deals" publishers and original devs make to bring out a version of the game itself. Aeria pays the Korean Devs for altering, they pay the Korean Devs for publishing their game. they also "pay" them for any content and patches to their version of the game that Aeria and the Korean devs have made a deal on.

sooooo.... Mr. Know It All. i think you need to go hit the books again and learn what a Publisher has rights to on "which" deals they make with the "original devs"

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:34 am
Superman0X
GameMaster: USA
You are quite correct that other companies do not have the issues that Aeria Games does. This is because we are a third party publisher (and other companies are not). It is fair to call this a policy/business decision. We have chosen to publish games that we do not own/control. The advantage of this is that we can bring games to market that are not otherwise available. The disadvantage is that we can not do anything with the game itself. Most customers dont understand what all of this means (and that is our fault for not being clear).

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1964385&start=10

jotasnake
GameSage: Last Chaos

AGE is a publisher as you said, you can look in the definition of the word if you are having trouble understanding it. AGE publishes the game developed to them by the developers, all they do is make it available, commercialize it, and support the players. The part of the game is 100% handled by the devs and they have the full rights to it meaning they can pretty much do whatever they want with it, all AGE can do is report bugs, make suggestions, but in the end it is all up to the developers.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1964385

excuse me?

-Norn-

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 22, 2013 1:41 am
One more to make it clear.

Superman0X
GameMaster: USA

Aeria is a third party publisher. We dont really have any say in the games themselves. We are effectivly outsourced labor for the developers. Would you blame Facebook because Zynga hasnt fixed their game? Would you blame Steam because EA hasnt fixed their game?

Our developers often dont like what we have to say.. because we bring the players concerns to them about the game. We are always telling them about the problems you experience, and asking them to fix them. By making them aware of the issues of our players, and constantly asking for fixes to the games.... they sometimes find us annoying.

Aeria has plenty of room for improvement, however, fixing games is not one of them. We are not in the business of making/fixing games...

-Norn-