filipvarga
PostedApr 21, 2013 3:42 am
sikhlord2 wrote:

For the record:
Post-Closed Beta = character delete
Post-Beta Stress Test = character delete
Post-Open Beta = character ??????
General Availability (GA) = no character delete

Normally, every data is wiped after Closed Beta Tests, not just in DKO, but in every game.
Closed Beta is a test phase which only certain people with a Beta Key can attend. It would not be fair towards players that did not get a Beta Key if all the data was kept, so everything gets wiped for the next test phase or Open Beta release.

Advertisement

PleaseHelpYou

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 10:28 am

No wipe

Before long time ago..
game company needed testers for real test.
so opened close-beta test and open-beta test and It wiped when finished test.
but nowadays the concept of open-beta changed.
open-bata is important time that determinant of success or failure.

for example..
Korea online game company have been meeting with heavy competition.
they make the almost finished game and open it with open-beta test.
if people like that game, It will continue succeed.
they never wipe player's date in order to customer maintenance.

I saw it on the news. us-DK is very successful.
actually I felt game was almost complete and It was very interesting.
I felt Im not tester. Im only player ~ only enjoyed the game.
no need wipe. keep going on ~!
we will cheer up ~!

- RuemonSniper -

carlreman

Rank 0
carlreman
PostedApr 21, 2013 11:19 am
Its clearly stated before that " THERE WILL BE NO MORE WIPE"

If they do, then AERIA is no longer reliable !!!

Most whiner here are those Dodge/Dex build, I can really tell.

Anyway guys STOP ARGUING !!!

Taz or GM Ebil should clear this argument between subscribers !!!

Anyway where is GM Ebil? Can't sense his presence anymore? Laughing

-FataL

percy4027

Rank 0
percy4027
PostedApr 21, 2013 11:30 am
carlreman wrote:
Its clearly stated before that " THERE WILL BE NO MORE WIPE"

If they do, then AERIA is no longer reliable !!!

Most whiner here are those Dodge/Dex build, I can really tell.

Anyway guys STOP ARGUING !!!

Taz or GM Ebil should clear this argument between subscribers !!!

Anyway where is GM Ebil? Can't sense his presence anymore? Laughing

-FataL  

yup....never saw any thing from offical after this announcement.

not even " Hello player... "

I kind of disappoint Aeria this company.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedApr 21, 2013 12:24 pm
I'm sure all the information is being worked on. On a general note, after a game leaves the beta phase there are no more full wipes, but it can happen on very serious situations. I am not a GM and therefore my statements shouldn't be considered official but in my opinion i see no risk of a wipe happening. And this is way, wipes happen on beta because it was a testing period, and they happen on official releases whenever theres a security issue such as big influx of gold, serious exploits, etc. The game is being brought down because the gameplay wasn't enjoyable, there were too many things that were making the game not fun to enjoy.

Anyways i'm sure more information will be given as we get closer to the date.

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedApr 21, 2013 12:29 pm
Right now, we do not know if there will be a wipe. When that information is available, it will be said. Until then, they are going to work their hardest to prevent it. I know it sucks, but DK might get a complete workout to offer better FPS and user experience. It is better we do this now, before the game is in full release and risk losing everything then.

Just be patient and stay tuned for new information from the Aeria staff.

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

charlotteplotts

Rank 0
charlotteplotts
PostedApr 21, 2013 4:32 pm

How players feel

About wiping out the server and saving their characters.\
If u do wipe out all the charactors for everyone in the game most of them will not come back and play the game because they would have to remake all their new chars and it took some time to make these chars and level them did u think about that. Also if you take a long time ppl will get tired of waiting and find and start a new game and you will lose most of your gamers and the popularity of your game. Grant it some ppl will come back but most of them will not do you really care about the players who have been playing and how much they will lose if you wipe out their chars, did you think about this. This is not a fair thing you are doing if you wipe everything out. You need to stop and think how you are going are going to do this without wiping out the server completely. If you care about the players that are in the game now you will figure something else out. You can save all the characters the ppl have made in the game for them and when you reopen your game they will still have their old characters. Are you sure you will reopen the game. If you do you really need to let ppl know how long it will be before you reopen. People do need to know this especially the ones who have been with this game for awhile we have the right to know. Also you need to do what you plan to do in a timely manner and not take forever. If you really care about your players you will let everyone know what is going on exactly. Good for business. So before this all comes to a head you need to give details about what is going on. Some of us have got alot of time wrapped up in this game and do not want to lose anything they put in the game. You need to give ppl as much informatiion as possible about what is going on and answer their questions. You will have alot of angry ppl. If you really care about your players you will give them a time of how long this game will be down and what is going on about their characters it is only fair.

st1608

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:02 pm
guys still having difficulties with the coding, they do not know what will, if lucky, there will be no wipe
one thing we can be certain: lags, bugs, imbalances and delirium remain exactly Smile

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 21, 2013 6:35 pm
I'm actually glad this game is shutting down, and if I had my way, I'd say keep it shut down, for good. I have a lot to say about this game and the player community. No money was even being made from this game due to an inactive item mall to begin with.

As I have stated before I have played video games since the days of Atari 2600 and I am an old school gamer, I've played games on all kinds of systems and my majority of games I have played are RPGS, FIGHTING, FPS, and a few racing games. I have played a few MMO's as well, the longest one I played for was Final Fantasy 11, had PVE and PVP. Had end game, had expansions, and yes it was pay to play. I played that game for 5 years, had an abundant selection of jobs and races and the party system, compared to this game blows it out of the water because you actually NEED a balance of classes/jobs to fight enemies for experience points. This game is point click, let a warrior or paladin run around and spam your AOE skills no matter what job you are. Paladins could actually tank in that game, why? Because they actually had the defense, skills and spells that this game seriously lacks for a true tank to exist.

Let's talk about PvP. Now if it's my understanding PvP is player vs player when people on their own accord wanted to flag up and participate in matches. This open PvP world does not only force it upon people who's forte is not PvP and maybe some people who do like PvP simply do not want to at the time because they want to actually do some quests or farm. Having open PvP where you can't even use skills is well, dumb. A shadowmage or a sorc to use a sword and shield against a paladin or warrior is laughable. Let me tell you about a game also that has open PvP and it failed, it was a pay to play game that went free to play because it was so unbalanced it lost people so that is why it went to free to play and that game is Aion and it is pretty much the same thing going on there as it is going on here now, area camping and farming questers that are still in level range from the cap. I'm really alarmed by the player base here calling people whiners and who "QQ" when they get killed or over this new content. Why shouldn't they or why not? As Asuka put in her post and she hit it spot on, this type of PvP is only going to be used for abuse as harassment towards other players.

If you are going to have quests in a PK or PvP area, the people who are at said level that need those quests will be camped by slightly level higher players that are still in level cap that are armed to the teeth and will farm the lower levels, they get upset, annoyed, etc and they quit, so that really is not conducive for a game to thrive and flourish. PvP should be a part of a game that is enjoyed by all, something that we all should want to participate like RvR or CS (that is if the fps issue was actually solved) and more thought was put into it. I've said it before if this game wants it's PvP to thrive, it needs a serious over haul and a different idea, instances for matches alliances for both RVR and CS and even like Pure said it could have been faction based.

Level cap raise...was asked about over and over again and why the big secret of a 3 level cap difference was kept is baffling to say the least. Again, Pure also was right about once people hit that, what was the incentive to keep us playing, more broken RvR and CS? To enjoy a "Open PvP system" that you can't even use skills in?

It really is not fair for any of you to belittle anyone of our opinions and tell us to go play hugs and kisses or hello kitty. If this game was pure PvP then why even have quests and a story line in the first place? There is a huge PvE aspect of this game which most of the people here enjoy. I'm glad I quit this game, this game has more problems than the game itself and problems with this community. I've made some friends here but a lot of these people now I see are nothing but video game bullies who for some god known reason needs to feel more superior to others in a virtual game and take it way too seriously than what you should. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed, when it becomes more than that, there is a serious problem.

In my opinion, I think there is something seriously amiss with the developers and I do feel really sorry for Aeria for choosing this game to publish, am I blaming them? No, they saw potential probably from the Korean version to have a version brought out here, but I just think it probably sounded better on paper than it was improperly executed. I wish and hope a better MMO comes along for Aeria that we all can enjoy.

Take care all of you and good luck in your every day life adventures.

Sincerely,

Norn~

-Norn-

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedApr 21, 2013 11:25 pm
Nornkitty wrote:
go play hugs and kisses or hello kitty  

Sadly HelloKitty is no longer an option :/ Game was shutdown a few years ago.

But the open PVP in this game is somewhat of a joke, especially considering you can't even use skills just auto attack click (with mouse also, hotkey melee attack doesn't work). Unless your HP base is VERY low, all you gotta do is just walk away.

Anyway. xD

<3 To the GM team here

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"