MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedApr 19, 2013 5:38 am
I haven't decided what I will do (wait for commercial or not).

But anyways, I'd just like to say thanks to Taz and Ebil, you guys really did put a lot into DKO, and it's sad for all of us to see the game in this state.

Advertisement

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 5:51 am
The Development and GM team had already states you will keep your PC from OB ton the release. Obviously they could change that on a whim.

So what if they do? The PvP environment will be more goal oriented. If you want those same epic and legendary gear sets, you'll have to really EARN them. Non of this grind out a few mil in the forest temple or orc and pantera bases to buy hundreds of vouchers you didn't farm. The Pk amount would probably increase, levels would yet again still be harder to earn with the mass of PvP pkers all being the exact same level as everyone else.

No issues with stats or builds would exist. You could build your PC to match this awkward and incomplete version of a PvP world.

If we get any new players to stick around, there wouldn't be that huge level gap between the new players and the beta testers.... Hmmmmmm

I really don't want a wipe. But maybe it'll be good so things can "rebalance" themselves. Or just crumble around us faster. Either way it is a roulette. Trust the dev team to decide what they think will be best for their game.

Again, I don't want a wipe personally...

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:12 am
Data Wipe could be a Double-edged Sword.
It could balance things up, but also lead to massive rage quits. I'd prefer a higher Server population so I am against the wipe myself. Population cannot always be balanced, because there are players that play much more compared to an average player.
Yes, us Beta Testers have an advantage, because we play since the beginning and those few that did get Raden Heroic/Legendary Weapons, got them much easier than any new players would. That's the advantage of being a Beta Tester.
However, Raden Heroic/Legendary Weapons mean nothing, especially with the Level cap rising, so things will balance out on their own, as with every new content release, people will have to work equally for every thing their earn.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:20 am
Might as well stay a low level and "sport PvP " the new player base we desperately need as they try to get their own gear that matches yours. I mean... Its BP right? And thats all everyone cares about.

athena2015

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 8:09 am   Last edited by athena2015 on Apr 19, 2013 3:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
TO WIPE OR NOT TO WIPE?

What is the answer?
When it will be answered ?

I hope it is not like patching that you will know the updates after the patching is done?

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 8:16 am
If that's the case you may want to consider the grim possibility it may not come back up... We need revenue and fast in my opinion. Any ideas to generate RL coin for our dev team?

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 19, 2013 8:35 am
they aint getting a penny from me, i spent hundreds of dollars on Vampire Wars from zynga only for them to up and 'sunset' the game with no explanation, in fact, they did a thread like this saying what was going down, and NEVER replied till people got vulgar after several days, and then they replied only to remind the players of the code of conduct and still never gave explanations. why i wont play zynga games and why i dont put money into only games, unless it's a donation system to help the game, like i'm playing this one game that is completely funded by the players and all they ask, though not mandatory is for donations, and even if their donations are low for the month or so, the devs, mods and such are still nice, prompt to fixing problems as they arise, in constant communication with the players.... here... psh nope, and I'm not going to help institute a pay to win scenario that happens with all other games that are f2p then add an IM for the uber gear and items, why do you think all the quests tend to have some kind of item that you cant get in game, like stat ethers, exp tonics ect, tele scrolls where you pick your destination? power scrolls boosts... it's to give you a taste of how cool it is, then let you know you can only get them in the IM so they can due to demand, put a high price on it. stupid.

Xardas42

Rank 1
Xardas42
PostedApr 19, 2013 9:31 am

Goodbye ... for now

I am a fan of DK Online, but not in it's current state. If DKO returns AND there is NO wipe of character information, I would love to return. Please take whatever time is necessary to polish the product up for commercial release.

To the GM/GS staff ... I know you've been very involved & helpful to the masses, so thanks! (We need a "thumbs up" emote here. LOL! Razz ) To the community, especially our allies ... I hope to see you in the future. If you don't see me under the IGN Beast, I am also known to use the name RaZoRBLaDeZ. Last but not least, to my dear friends @ DivineOrder, it's been a blast & if DKO launches again, I'll meet you back here where we left off.

Good luck, everyone. May your roads be clear of Werewolf Berzerkers. Wink

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 9:35 am
Thank you for sticking with us so long Beast. :/

SirRapthorne

Rank 0
SirRapthorne
PostedApr 19, 2013 10:40 am
was totally expecting this. Won't be surprised if the game doesn't come back at all.