Rank 0
percy4027
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: Closed Beta

I'm willing to play closed beta
Tcaine wrote:
percy4027 wrote:
jonath241 wrote:
Is there any link for closed beta. I wanna play and test it while waiting for the open beta.. Smile  

http://dkonline.herorangers.com/intro/landing.html

If you really really want to play DK online...

This will be only shoot.

Good luck.  

unless you can read Korean

http://dk.halgame.com/

the original DKO.  

Korean DK online will block Taiwan IP

so....I quit. Crying or Very sad
Advertisement

jonath241

Rank 0
PostedApr 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Closed Beta

I'm willing to play closed beta
[quote="percy4027"]
Tcaine wrote:
percy4027 wrote:
jonath241 wrote:
Is there any link for closed beta. I wanna play and test it while waiting for the open beta.. Smile  

http://dkonline.herorangers.com/intro/landing.html

If you really really want to play DK online...

This will be only shoot.

Good luck.  

unless you can read Korean

http://dk.halgame.com/

the original DKO.  

Thanks a lot. I'll get used to it just trial and error. Very Happy

Verzavus

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2013 9:03 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Daskarion wrote:

Did you ever participate in RvR or castle sieges? That's what we meant by low fps.  

off course!
what people mean for low fps btw? 4-5 fps lor prolungated time like minutes? less? or high peak of fps alternating with low peaks of fps? what graphic cards they used? which game video setting? do they forced the video card to override the game setting? what is the ideal amount of fps they would to have, or they have in mind..
I ask this because I've read threads on the forum where it is clear that people who talk about the problem of fps does not seem to have any familiarity with the fps at all and point as problem something that maybe is usual behavior for their pc.
maybe this is the first game they tried that allow to see the fps rate, well this is just an ipotesis of mine
I remeber to have read a thread where a player was surprised about an high fps rate during loading windows which is a common behaviour of every game so..  
I'm the one that discovered the cause of the FPS issues. I can say that THERE IS an FPS issue due to a bad optimized Game Engine. It simply uses CPU to load up the 99% of the work, instead of balance it between CPU+GPU (a normal games usually uses the balance with 40%-60% between the two).  

So you're implying everyone who complains about fps is per definition too incompetent to see if the computer meets all requirements. If even 1% of the whiners checked their video status, the FPS issue would have been shown to be true.
Furthermore, since it's an open beta, you may deduce people have played other games before DKo. If only 1% of the whiners had played a shooter, and only 1% of those played shooters would have been graphically more advanced than DKo, then the problem would have been shown to be true. Now, these numbers are extremely minimalized and one may safely assume that people with excellent computers who played farcry 3, or whatever the graphic excellence of game is atm, still come across FPS lag.

Haven't you read Sherlock Holmes??!

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 27, 2013 10:02 am
Verzavus wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Daskarion wrote:

Did you ever participate in RvR or castle sieges? That's what we meant by low fps.  

off course!
what people mean for low fps btw? 4-5 fps lor prolungated time like minutes? less? or high peak of fps alternating with low peaks of fps? what graphic cards they used? which game video setting? do they forced the video card to override the game setting? what is the ideal amount of fps they would to have, or they have in mind..
I ask this because I've read threads on the forum where it is clear that people who talk about the problem of fps does not seem to have any familiarity with the fps at all and point as problem something that maybe is usual behavior for their pc.
maybe this is the first game they tried that allow to see the fps rate, well this is just an ipotesis of mine
I remeber to have read a thread where a player was surprised about an high fps rate during loading windows which is a common behaviour of every game so..  
I'm the one that discovered the cause of the FPS issues. I can say that THERE IS an FPS issue due to a bad optimized Game Engine. It simply uses CPU to load up the 99% of the work, instead of balance it between CPU+GPU (a normal games usually uses the balance with 40%-60% between the two).  

So you're implying everyone who complains about fps is per definition too incompetent to see if the computer meets all requirements. If even 1% of the whiners checked their video status, the FPS issue would have been shown to be true.
Furthermore, since it's an open beta, you may deduce people have played other games before DKo. If only 1% of the whiners had played a shooter, and only 1% of those played shooters would have been graphically more advanced than DKo, then the problem would have been shown to be true. Now, these numbers are extremely minimalized and one may safely assume that people with excellent computers who played farcry 3, or whatever the graphic excellence of game is atm, still come across FPS lag.

The basic premise that the publisher suspended general use of the game means the game developer admits there are fps issues so why are we faulting or questioning whether players know what "fps" is? That's rather condescending. There are a number of variables affecting 'fps' but the basic game display functions (display-related codes, bandwidth utilization, game physics, etc) need to be addressed and optimized first. Once optimized then it's up to individual payers/computers to use the baseline to optimize their settings.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedApr 27, 2013 10:33 am
how about we stop these pointless arguments and instead share our memories of the 3 months that we got to play DKO ?

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 27, 2013 10:41 am
FPS is not equal to Lag.

Frames per second is the number of frames of an animation displayed every second, also called Frame Rate.
The higher the FPS, the smoother the animation. If the FPS is too low, you will most likely freeze or have lowered gameplay speed, but that is not lag, it is simply slow graphic procession which depends on your system power.

Latency is the right definition for lag. Latency is a communication issue between devices (the Server and your Personal Computer). It is the transmission delay between sending and receiving data, which causes your character to port back to a previous location during walking, skill delays etc.

It has been described numerous times and I do not know why people still do not get it.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedApr 27, 2013 11:31 am
Verzavus wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Daskarion wrote:

off course!

It's my job dude, i'm a systemist.

I personally made a lot of tests. And with my hardware i can get easy more than 400 FPS into many games. I know what i'm talking about, and i'm not assuming people is stupid, just assuming a fact:

Fact#1: MANY people don't have the instruments to check that "issue" (while i do have) or don't know how to do it, or don't know at all what it mean.

The problem IS true. There is a problem with the game engine. Many tests has been done and it has been confirmed. What part for you is hard to understand?

Too long to read and to understand? I'll write simpler: "Many Tests Done -> FPS Problem Confirmed (game engine bad optimized)"

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Verzavus

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 2:03 am
I only just noticed I quoted the wrong guy Rolling Eyes

maysonprince

Rank 0
PostedApr 28, 2013 11:58 pm

I like what u ar doing. thx for that beautiful game. Smile

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedApr 29, 2013 7:43 am
filipvarga wrote:
FPS is not equal to Lag.

Frames per second is the number of frames of an animation displayed every second, also called Frame Rate.
The higher the FPS, the smoother the animation. If the FPS is too low, you will most likely freeze or have lowered gameplay speed, but that is not lag, it is simply slow graphic procession which depends on your system power.

Latency is the right definition for lag. Latency is a communication issue between devices (the Server and your Personal Computer). It is the transmission delay between sending and receiving data, which causes your character to port back to a previous location during walking, skill delays etc.

It has been described numerous times and I do not know why people still do not get it.  

Actually, we have here a matter of equivocation due to a word with multiple meanings.

"Latency" is vague and ambiguous, because what Flip is describing as "latency" is actually more precisely known as "communication latency" (sometimes called "ping"), or "synchronization latency" (which is slightly different from ping). However, when we speak of "latency," we generally mean "server latency." Neither of these is identical to "lag," but lag is one symptom of server latency, and synchronization issues as well as ping can simulate lag. FPS is something else, which has been defined accurately in Flip's previous post.

So, to sum up, we have several different things here which the average person will confuse.

1. FPS -- Frames per second, or framerate -- which is user-side (but in the case of DKO, the issue is with the program itself, not the user's machine -- it is still user-side, though, because the program is on the user's machine, but nevertheless, since the program is the source of the issue, the responsibility for fixing it lies with the program's developers).

2. "Lag" -- a symptom of Server Latency -- which is server-side.

3. Communication Latency -- the round-trip time of a "packet" (chunk of data) -- which is "Ping" -- allegedly affected by distance of player's computer from server (although this is a vast oversimplification and omits other factors involved, including issues with routing nodes and other intermediate devices such as bridges and switches, the medium of transmission, efficiency of data buffers, etc).

4. Synchronization -- This is your computer, the server, and the computers of others in your immediate vicinity in-game trying to synchronize -- which is a combination of server-side, user-side, and other-user-side.

5. SERVER LATENCY -- essentially, "server response time," that is, how long it takes the server to respond to data that has been input by users -- this is server-side and is affected by a variety of things, including strain (a large amount of users sending a large number of packets of whatever size in a short time and in a specific game zone) -- one of the symptoms of Server Latency is "lag," but there are other symptoms (including disconnections, "account already in use" messages, etc). Server Latency is often resolved by a server restart.

I hope this clarifies things, rather than further muddying the waters.