Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedApr 18, 2013 11:46 pm   Last edited by Taz on May 16, 2013 2:24 pm. Edited 2 times in total

DK Online Service On Hold

Hello Knights,

I would like to thank you, our community, for your dedication and continued interest in DK Online.

Our beta started three months ago, and despite the critical issues such as the FPS lag we have received an overwhelming amount of support and feedback from our community.

In the past three months we have worked continuously with our developers to release fixes for a lot of the issues in our game client. While we were able to release some minor improvements that helped optimize game performance, none of the improvements were as satisfactory as everyone hoped for.

With this, it is my hope that we will continue to receive your support as we will need to suspend the DK Online servers on April 25th at 6:00 PM (PST). I appreciate that this decision will not be popular, but it is a necessary step in order to release DK Online as a finished product.

We will continue working with our developers on game improvements for DK Online, and as we do so we ask for both your understanding and patience. We will add updates to this thread to keep every up-to-date as we progress.

Thank you,
Taz
Advertisement

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:12 am
well first question, will there be a server wipe ?

because i see no point to keep playing if i get my chars wiped

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

zaylin101

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:19 am
blackdragon214 wrote:
well first question, will there be a server wipe ?

because i see no point to keep playing if i get my chars wiped  

Yes please answer blackdragon question thanks.

vlanche

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:22 am
i hope that there will be no server swipe coz that really is a bummer. as to what i remembered, this was asked in game a few times and mostly the reply was "NO".

t.synflex

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:27 am
I think server wipe would be better,if we still with this server with the same char and I`ll sure GM and team will be trouble on doing their work,I know all gamers will not disappointed will the highest char and stuff,mine also not disappointed after my char and my stuff been deleted as well,but to achieve good DK game with no more major issue then everybody should ready for it,hope all people here understand,keep it up GM

4SuperSayin4

Rank 0
4SuperSayin4
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:30 am

O.o

Well thanks for the heads up hope u can give us a better idea how long it will be suspended for and if thay will beable to keep our Char data Very Happy !

orcbeast12

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 12:49 am

THANKS TAZZ

Smile

Evelex

Rank 0
Evelex
PostedApr 19, 2013 1:05 am
I agree with this decision because if game have low fps then its not worth to play at all

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
PostedApr 19, 2013 1:13 am
I have two level 42 characters (and it's easy to make them 45), but I am NOT against server swipe. hahaha. >:3 If there will be a swipe, things will get more interesting I guess. But the problem is many of the remaining players will quit. lol. Life's complicated.

tntracing

Rank 0
PostedApr 19, 2013 1:22 am

wipe or not

wipe or not to wipe
players they don't have to wipe our information they can simply save it and transfer it to the new server if that is what they choose to do ... many digital companys do this like phone service providers tv and cable ....the smart ones keep the current info and seed it back into the new server which has the fixes and upgrades required. we all hope aeria chooses to do the same since many of us have been with this game since it first took light. of course we understand but we would rather not have to remake and rebuild what we already have. anyways a wipe is not required in every instance of server maintenance... thanks

and by the way why might I ask is this happening on the same day of the Lunar Eclipse? ...hmmm interesting...yes there is a lunar eclipse on the 25th people