inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Gank me, please!

As the topic implies, I have a 29 Defender on Andromeda (named "Luthica") volunteering to get ganked.

I know what you're thinking -- Defender's are OP. But I'm not like them -- I'm PvE specced with about 3000 HP (counting a pet buff!). I might be crunchy on the outside, but I have a gooey candy core.

And that's not all! I kind of suck at PvP too! I've been steady at rank 118 for about a week now!

And it's baseball season, so if you catch me after 7 p.m. EST chances are I'll be listening to the game and drinking, so you you can expect slow reflexes.

I can hit pretty hard for two shots, but after that I've got nothing, so I'm definitely killable.

Which is why I get confused why when I run into solo 29 FKs in Caergate, they usually turn and run away. I'm not that good! I still have my level 14 "Prophet" earrings for crying out Pete's sake!. I mean, yeah, I just got my sword up to +7 yesterday, but aside from that my gear is a mess. Nothing else above +5, only three "authorized" pieces, and it's a mix of stuff for two completely different builds.

And the silly thing is that several times yesterday I saw players who I've fought before, and I know can beat me riding my way, but when I turned to intercept them, they rode away!

The past few days I've seriously seen more lowbies coming after me solo, and you know what? My tiny health pool (for a Defender) means that if they can get the first hit they have a good chance of killing me.

I even grafted my suit and sword to look like the second tier ones, just to give a visual cue that I'm not so tough, but still most FKs run if they think it might be a 1-1 fight. I'm really no one to run from! Heck, running a PvE build without defensive passives, I'm practically a free kill.

So if you see Luthica out alone in Caergate, just know that I'm not just out farming... well farming whatever it is people farm in Caergate -- I'm there to fight. And in most cases, fight badly. So turn your bike around and give it a try Smile
Advertisement

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 18, 2013 3:28 am
Stay away from my Luthica. If you even as much as get close to her, I will sick my medic squad on you. You have been warned.

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 18, 2013 11:43 am
akrstella wrote:
Stay away from my Luthica. If you even as much as get close to her, I will sick my medic squad on you. You have been warned.  
No... please... If they think that then they'll never turn around and fight Sad

I'm seriously not worth running from. I mean, I have one or two moments of awesome, but those are mostly just luck.

Though honestly, I ran away myself a few times yesterday, but that was when I could clearly see I was outnumbered. That's a whole different thing that turning to run when I see any single enemy headed my way.

SamanosukeAke

Rank 0
SamanosukeAke
PostedApr 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Wryyyyyyyyyy so serious??

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedApr 18, 2013 12:18 pm
I would really enjoy ganking you all day Smile What I would do is stun pull you then then use both my aoe dots then stun you again use my ultimate and mech you so hard you will get disconnected from the servers xD

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
PostedApr 18, 2013 1:07 pm
inktomi19d wrote:
akrstella wrote:
No... please... If they think that then they'll never turn around and fight Sad

I'm seriously not worth running from. I mean, I have one or two moments of awesome, but those are mostly just luck.

Though honestly, I ran away myself a few times yesterday, but that was when I could clearly see I was outnumbered. That's a whole different thing that turning to run when I see any single enemy headed my way.  

Honestly, I know exactly what you mean. I think people just don't want to bother with fighting defenders one on one.

FoxiVix (SE)/ViciouxVix (DE)
<Murmaider>

FoxiVix PvP Take 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfFKs_GAwXg
FoxiVix PvP Take 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLFYE7Gklk

Retired.

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 18, 2013 8:38 pm
SamanosukeAke wrote:

It's for real. Kinda.

I just don't see the point in running from 1-1 fights. It's especially bad when people who I know can easily best me turn and run.

akrstella wrote:
Honestly, I know exactly what you mean. I think people just don't want to bother with fighting defenders one on one.  
You have like 1300 more health than me though Razz Another defender will be a long fight, but against most classes someone dies pretty quickly, whether it's them or me.

iampirater2

Rank 0
iampirater2
PostedApr 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Gank me, please!

inktomi19d wrote:
As the topic implies, I have a 29 Defender on Andromeda (named "Luthica") volunteering to get ganked.

I know what you're thinking -- Defender's are OP. But I'm not like them -- I'm PvE specced with about 3000 HP (counting a pet buff!). I might be crunchy on the outside, but I have a gooey candy core.

And that's not all! I kind of suck at PvP too! I've been steady at rank 118 for about a week now!

And it's baseball season, so if you catch me after 7 p.m. EST chances are I'll be listening to the game and drinking, so you you can expect slow reflexes.

I can hit pretty hard for two shots, but after that I've got nothing, so I'm definitely killable.

Which is why I get confused why when I run into solo 29 FKs in Caergate, they usually turn and run away. I'm not that good! I still have my level 14 "Prophet" earrings for crying out Pete's sake!. I mean, yeah, I just got my sword up to +7 yesterday, but aside from that my gear is a mess. Nothing else above +5, only three "authorized" pieces, and it's a mix of stuff for two completely different builds.

And the silly thing is that several times yesterday I saw players who I've fought before, and I know can beat me riding my way, but when I turned to intercept them, they rode away!

The past few days I've seriously seen more lowbies coming after me solo, and you know what? My tiny health pool (for a Defender) means that if they can get the first hit they have a good chance of killing me.

I even grafted my suit and sword to look like the second tier ones, just to give a visual cue that I'm not so tough, but still most FKs run if they think it might be a 1-1 fight. I'm really no one to run from! Heck, running a PvE build without defensive passives, I'm practically a free kill.

So if you see Luthica out alone in Caergate, just know that I'm not just out farming... well farming whatever it is people farm in Caergate -- I'm there to fight. And in most cases, fight badly. So turn your bike around and give it a try Smile  
ok, i'll pay some attention on u...

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: Gank me, please!

iampirater2 wrote:
ok, i'll pay some attention on u...  
Yipee!

...or is that not a good thing Confused

Mostly I just think it's funny that people seem to shy away from the 1-1 fights, even with mediocre players.

misterbabylon

Rank 0
misterbabylon
PostedApr 20, 2013 6:40 am
It's a trap!!