Corticarte91

Rank 1
Corticarte91
PostedApr 17, 2013 8:03 am

Need opinion on this SW build

I randomly read some of the SW builds then I thought of coming out my own one, so far I needed opinions on the build I made

Advertisement

chris.aeria

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
chris.aeria
PostedApr 17, 2013 10:23 am
In my opinion, you have far too many points wasted on passives. If you're going to do passives at all, pick 1 of either HP and SP (I'd say HP), and put very few there. You get the most bang for your buck with the first point. Some say to stop at 1. I personally have 3 points on HP with my level 29 SW, but frankly, I could have probably put the other two points to better use elsewhere.

Others like to put a point or two on Concealment. I think that's where you have some of yours. There's advantages to that. You can get past more Sentinels that way. But to do what? If you can't kill them once you sneak past them, you're not really accomplishing much.

Looks like your other passives are on ACC, which I don't get at all. Use gear for that. We're pretty accurate, even completely naked. If we had a Crit passive, that might be worth it (but not at 6), but ACC definitely seems like a waste of points.

But even if you kept three somewhere like I did, you'd have 9 more points that you could drop on Tier 1 or Tier 2, for example. This would make your attacks considerably better. SW is all about maximum damage in the minimum time.

Server: Andromeda - Faction: Royal Guard - Guild: Guardian - Name: Balina

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Evasion currently can't be passively stacked to where it's at a noticeable level, so you don't need any points in the accuracy passive. Eagle eye imo is not worth the points right now. Miss Misery might be good, but isn't all that great at the current levell, either. If you decide to drop Miss Misery, you can drop Contortionist (absolutely useless because it makes you stop to cast, making you actually lose even more distance). I actually like 1 point in Crippler to act like a second Double Blow, but that's heavily debatable for most people. You should definitely put at least 1 point into Fatal Thrust and Hack and Slash is worth spare points.

EDIT: Oh, also, you can't get level 2 Twilight Explosion right now. That's level 30.

Corticarte91

Rank 1
Corticarte91
PostedApr 17, 2013 7:03 pm
Ok, tq to chris.aeria & TehCait for your wonderful explanation I changed the build a little based on suggestions and this is the newly made one Very Happy

http://reyva.com/resources/scarlet-blade-skill-simulator.4/#dIFvpX7UdnBFX8CT12SiQjK63vAM

TehCait

Rank 1
PostedApr 17, 2013 7:06 pm
Eh, now you misplaced points into some useless attack skills. Shadow Dance is definitely not worth the 5 points you have to put into Crippler to unlock it. You also still need a point in Ghost Walk, it'll get you out of some pinches. Deathblow is also not worth putting any more points in than 3, as the disable duration only increases by 0.1 seconds.

Corticarte91

Rank 1
Corticarte91
PostedApr 17, 2013 7:20 pm
TehCait wrote:
Eh, now you misplaced points into some useless attack skills. Shadow Dance is definitely not worth the 5 points you have to put into Crippler to unlock it. You also still need a point in Ghost Walk, it'll get you out of some pinches. Deathblow is also not worth putting any more points in than 3, as the disable duration only increases by 0.1 seconds.  

ok there's still a remainder 2 points after edit

http://reyva.com/resources/scarlet-blade-skill-simulator.4/#dQ8v4EdoFKNQziOIVOU2ny71OnyG