Author Message

Auroura

Rank 1
Joined
09 Jan 2008
Posts
224
Location
Loganville United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 5:25 am
I'm not sure if I'm really asking anyone to be...chivalrous or anything here. I'm aware that most people will be greedy when it comes to rares. I'm greedy too. If it were up to me, I'd keep it all for myself. If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't NEED the factions support, I probably wouldn't even ask for it honestly. Most people share the same mentality. So I don't feel bad saying that.


However, as it stands. My guild and I don't get much. The other guilds don't get much. There is little to no progression unless the Murmaider's group is small. Then we can get it. Seeing as some (a lot) of the egos on this faction are so massive, I'm surprised it hasn't been dented at all in the least with how much we're letting RG faction walk over us. We're bad and we should feel bad.

Regardless, I just find it a bit ironic most players claim to be so greedy, yet aren't making the effort to actually secure the drops. A lot of you will just continue to blame each other. But if any of you were the tiniest portion of how greedy you claim to be. You wouldn't be ok with a guild on Free Knights side getting the rares let alone the ENEMY faction. It doesn't make much sense. Instead of having chance at securing drops yourself...you let the enemy team get it. I suppose a lot of you feel "Well if I can't have it...RGs can." but this silly mentality will end up getting you nowhere at all. Because if most of our faction was controlling the drops and bosses, you could at least try and buy them when other people don't need them. Maybe that only makes sense to me though. Generally I'm usually poor in most mmos I play, buying usually isn't an option for me. But I'm doing ok this time around I guess. Sort of.

For those of you that don't know: Yes. Titan and the RG treasure chest only go to one party. The party that deals the most damage. I know I've seen a lot of people show up to help, and not get anything. And that's why. And I'm sorry. However, I do try to return favors to the best of my ability. So if you help me, or the faction, I will help you, and the faction. However, if we continue to fall behind in gear, nobody is going to be able to save your Hera. Or save your Naomi, or save them from just staying alive in our base and killing us repeatedly. As it stands now, I don't care (as much as I used to) about who gets the drops. So long as we get it together and get the drops. And for the record, my guild doesn't take the boss or chest most of the times. We only get it sometimes. So it's more likely that I still won't get anything even if you guys help. But at least SOMEONE on the same side as me will. I'd be lying if I said I was 100% cool with people getting the drops. I just feel that at this point it's necessary.

Syndicate Guild Leader
Advertisement

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
Joined
24 Mar 2013
Posts
185
Location
United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 7:50 am
Auroura wrote:
For those of you that don't know: Yes. Titan and the RG treasure chest only go to one party. The party that deals the most damage. I know I've seen a lot of people show up to help, and not get anything.  

I'm one of the players RG-side who is a little put off by the fact that only one party gets the winnings. I don't think I ever complained about it in-game, but it bugged me.

The thing is, helping or not comes down to one basic choice:
1. Either I sit out, and don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you...
or
2. I help out, and still don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you, but I do get to help hand the FKs their collective butt.

Choice two still settles the 'what's in it for me' question. I'll break even on dogtags at least.

And the fact is that it's not just Murmaider doing everything in Caergate; White Dawn does a lot too (but for some reason doesn't seem to draw the forum aggro). And I've gotten picked up to help with boss kills as a random who just happened to be around before.

akrstella

Rank 2
akrstella
Joined
21 Mar 2013
Posts
644
Location
Canada
PostedApr 17, 2013 9:42 am
inktomi19d wrote:
Auroura wrote:
For those of you that don't know: Yes. Titan and the RG treasure chest only go to one party. The party that deals the most damage. I know I've seen a lot of people show up to help, and not get anything.  

I'm one of the players RG-side who is a little put off by the fact that only one party gets the winnings. I don't think I ever complained about it in-game, but it bugged me.

The thing is, helping or not comes down to one basic choice:
1. Either I sit out, and don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you...
or
2. I help out, and still don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you, but I do get to help hand the FKs their collective butt.

Choice two still settles the 'what's in it for me' question. I'll break even on dogtags at least.

And the fact is that it's not just Murmaider doing everything in Caergate; White Dawn does a lot too (but for some reason doesn't seem to draw the forum aggro). And I've gotten picked up to help with boss kills as a random who just happened to be around before.  


+1 Whitedawn is definitely a strong guild, don't see them as much as I'd like to though. I think our time zones collide. Don't see them very often at Titan, even told the guild they should get a titan kill as we defend them. But heard they got the kill yesterday.

Auroura

Rank 1
Joined
09 Jan 2008
Posts
224
Location
Loganville United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 10:41 am
I didn't mean to take away any credit from guilds or rgs that show up and participate. I also agree the loot system sucks since everyone wants something for them. At the end of the day, I'm not asking for everyone to be selfless, get along and be happy. I'm aware there are a lot of players that don't like me and are probably annoyed with me trying to drag them from hera etc. I'd just like to see us improve as a faction. We definitely have the numbers. Why are we not blowing up Shirle 7+ times a day or consistently taking the chest? On a random side note, I hate the people that say "We are free knights, we don't listen to anyone". Get out my faction. Sad Sorry for no paragraphs and such. Posting from my phone.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
Joined
24 Mar 2013
Posts
185
Location
United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 11:01 am
Auroura wrote:
I didn't mean to take away any credit from guilds or rgs that show up and participate. I also agree the loot system sucks since everyone wants something for them. At the end of the day, I'm not asking for everyone to be selfless, get along and be happy. I'm aware there are a lot of players that don't like me and are probably annoyed with me trying to drag them from hera etc. I'd just like to see us improve as a faction. We definitely have the numbers. Why are we not blowing up Shirle 7+ times a day or consistently taking the chest? On a random side note, I hate the people that say "We are free knights, we don't listen to anyone". Get out my faction. Sad Sorry for no paragraphs and such. Posting from my phone.  
I know you don't mean to take any credit away. I just see the way that Free Knights reacts to Murmaiders as compared to everyone else -- very often the route starts before they actually get in real combat.

I kind of wonder what would happen if instead of cluster bombs, the RG quests gave us inflatable Murmaiders that we could toss at the enemy Wink

I mean, on the RG side it's obvious that they aren't the only game in town, but the FKs seem fixated on them. (No offense to anyone, but you can't tell me that that an inflatable Vix wouldn't have 60% of the shock value of the real thing Wink )

FrankenFINE

Rank 1
FrankenFINE
Joined
27 Mar 2013
Posts
206
Location
United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 1:46 pm
akrstella wrote:
inktomi19d wrote:
Auroura wrote:
For those of you that don't know: Yes. Titan and the RG treasure chest only go to one party. The party that deals the most damage. I know I've seen a lot of people show up to help, and not get anything.  

I'm one of the players RG-side who is a little put off by the fact that only one party gets the winnings. I don't think I ever complained about it in-game, but it bugged me.

The thing is, helping or not comes down to one basic choice:
1. Either I sit out, and don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you...
or
2. I help out, and still don't get a chance at a rare mech or what-have-you, but I do get to help hand the FKs their collective butt.

Choice two still settles the 'what's in it for me' question. I'll break even on dogtags at least.

And the fact is that it's not just Murmaider doing everything in Caergate; White Dawn does a lot too (but for some reason doesn't seem to draw the forum aggro). And I've gotten picked up to help with boss kills as a random who just happened to be around before.  


+1 Whitedawn is definitely a strong guild, don't see them as much as I'd like to though. I think our time zones collide. Don't see them very often at Titan, even told the guild they should get a titan kill as we defend them. But heard they got the kill yesterday.  


I think it's because we're not as organized as the Murmraiders (i.e. lack of active guild leader), but we try to give out helping hands if needed Smile

fallengod26

Rank 0
Joined
28 Jul 2011
Posts
58
Location
United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 3:46 pm
Goddess guild leader here. PetiteAngel. At the moment i am trying to strengthen my guild with more pvpers. our main focus is to attack the RG and keeping them off of titan. i am willing to overlook the titan loot. It would be nice if those who got the loot would actually share. but to each their own. I agree with all of you guys here. In the upcomming days look for my members and see if they will help clearing the way. We are a big guild but mainly a fun guild. we have strong pvpers but thats not our focus. since we can have 70 members now we gonna go for getting more ppl to help defend us FKs in Caergate. Other guild leaders in here whisper me ingame and we can come to an agreement to wat need to be done in Caergate. Thank you all for your time. And pls put your egos and other things aside cuz if we lose as a faction we lose as players too.

Auroura

Rank 1
Joined
09 Jan 2008
Posts
224
Location
Loganville United States
PostedApr 17, 2013 6:19 pm
There is another player that was talking to me a lot about organizing things and getting some things done. I hear a thread should be coming up soon about that. I'm willing to see it through, it seemed like a nice idea overall. I'm really willing to cooperate with whoever is willing to cooperate. So I'll shoot you a whisper sometime in-game when I'm not busy studying for my lab practical...or busy not studying for my lab practical because I'm here reading the forum and posting on the forum. Glad to see support coming from a large guild.

Syndicate Guild Leader

pkmasterz

Rank 0
pkmasterz
Joined
02 Feb 2013
Posts
72
Location
Singapore
PostedApr 21, 2013 7:57 am
Fact is, it's not one party's efforts that do the trick. One party alone isn't enough to take down titan when there is opposing faction resistance. Similarly, one party alone is not enough to steal/reset titan. And i guess that's why i actually feel that titan is not a victory for one party or guild, but for the faction. (Not to mention every titan we lose could mean yet another rare kali for the Murmaids. Just look at that one sitting in Consignment.)

And i must say it's not just the Murmaids, but all the RGs who screw us over. I haven't actually seen the Murmaids alone mess up one of our titans. I don't think they can. But they certainly have lots of support from the rest of the RGs to screw us together and as kinky as that sounds, it's not an enjoyable experience.

gnc88 wrote:
There can never be chivalry when there're rare loots involved. Only way is each guild leaders have a firm grip over their own people. Mobilize your men and the masses will form. Herd mentality.  


Which is true. And is probably the most accurate description of what we're up against now. Reading through the comments here and also in-game, it's not hard to tell that there are many good leaders in FKs. It's just that hardly anyone takes heed to their words. Perhaps i'm in no position to speak because i don't go for every single titan raid (because i cannot)
and yes, i have abandoned titan several times because the situation was hopeless. But given the opportunity i always try to help out where i'm needed. Also gives me an opportunity to get back at those who've been killing me countless times in other occasions. *STARES* you know who you are >Smile

<center></center>

mfreeman88au

Rank 0
Joined
16 Mar 2013
Posts
9
Location
Australia
PostedApr 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Dear Free Knight Faction,

Auroura wrote:
We have a problem. What is the problem some of you may ask? There is like ZERO coordination or unity etc as a faction. Don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy hearing about when Vix and Murmaiders and anyone else blows up our convoy. Lately, it seems like Murmaiders has their way with our faction, which I consider to be a good thing...to an extent.

However, while most of us disagree and have our differences, or are just out right greedy. I do have confidence that this problem can improve. Why? Because there are things that I know ALL of us want. Like Titan. And their treasure chest. Because we all want shards, rare mechs, and who doesn't enjoy PvP? If you don't then get out my faction </3. Just kidding. Sort of. Not really.


Anyways, there are things ALL of us want. However, we are not going to get them so long as egos continue to clash. I'm not saying I'm a saint and I'm not greedy, if it were up to me I'd like to have my guild control all the drops too. The problem is whenever Murmaiders are around, Titan generally just goes to them. Our convoys go boom. Our treasure chest just gets looted. The Royal Guard faction, which is actually quite smaller than ours is only getting better, while most of us just end up stuck. I know a lot of you are fed up with the current state of things. A lot of you can't even finish Hera now. So none of us getting any. It'd just be nice to see people come together and listen more.

Tl;dr: Get off your asses. Get over yourselves. Get it together, we're letting one guild trample over our entire faction. /end rant.


That being said, thanks to all the free knights who showed some support today. We blew up their Shirle. Took their chest. Got Titan even though there was no real competition from Murmaiders so I wonder if I count that as a victory myself. It was just good to see people work together. Even if the numbers weren't massive, I was glad to see people show some interest in not letting the royal guard faction walk all over us. Feel free to bring up some suggestions on how to fix said problem if you like.  



I started clapping after the first 3 sentences. This man makes sense. Its the second post i have read of yours and im extremely impressed and totally agree with you.

Ingame message me (ThriLLzLoli) sometime and see what we can do to turn the tables. Even if it is only 2 guilds its a start. Show the other scrubs how its done and maybe they will follow suit.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: