filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:03 am
For some reason, no one did dare to attack me in Rakshtoom Mine or Lost City, yet. Razz
But I do understand how frustrating this might be.

Many people here dislike Shaiya, but not for the right reason. I could agree with the mass of custom Items being sold in the Item Mall and every Item worth farming being sold for AP as well, but lets ignore the business aspect and focus on the content and game system related things.

Shaiya had Open World PvP and Normal Areas. While Open World Areas were always full of "Sport PvPers" (that's how I call it, they PvPed for fun, for their Kill Count). People could freely level up, while the high levels had Open World areas to battle in. People that wanted PvP always knew which areas they had to check, because there were always PvPers around.
In Episode 5, each Faction got a new grinding map to reach the new level cap, which could be invaded by the opposite faction.
This part may have been very frustrating for grinders, as it is now in Rakshtoom Mine and Lost City. Open PvP Dungeons should be split into Faction vs Faction and each factions entrance should be on the opposite side of the Dungeon.
Just my point of view.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]
Advertisement

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:11 am
Same, flip. Most people are uninterested in auto attack fest.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:16 am
"Sport PvP" ......Hmmm a nice way to justify player killing. A dees that used to be so heavily looked down upon. What's wrong with this generation of players that they think PK and PvP are the same thing?

As for "daring" to attack you mate.... When you put it like that on the forums either NO ONE or EVERYONE will start attacking you. Which as the leader of a guild I am allied with, and as an ex member of my guild... I'd prefer not to see go either way.

A GS is just a player with forum moderation privelages and a closer tie to the " know" for information pertaining to their game.

I'm nor trying to troll you Flip, just point out some things that bother me with your post...

I mean really, "sport PvP " IRL we call them war crimes....

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

badshaiyagirl

Rank 0
badshaiyagirl
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:22 am
Sorry for delay...
Busy making an overnight warrior (since nothing take`s long and gear is a matter of coin,not farming for weeks on end for 1 aug/rune to sink into your 3-4 slots in each armor piece*yes rings ears also had aug slots in EQ) Played end game eq for around 10 years.PvP was optional throughout *think i mabey toggled a dual 3 times in that long as i was more interested in the pve side raiding,completing new content and farming it over `n` over to gear up the guild...Why only 3 times toggled? Well i had everything set exactly where it should be and how it should be,most of the challanges was younger players or *Hey there is one of the big guns -i wanna be a big gun,mabey if i kill them ill get respect-.*
Have`nt played for a few years,DKO has great potential once they iron out the creases,Personally i love the idea of the new content.Most of us have been here since the beginning we are still in beta,i beleave there will be a new fload of folks finding the game,lets try n be good mentors for them...There seems to be an unwritting rule leave folk to quest nearer the start of all this,some even though aware of this choose not too.That is fine,that is their right to.

Your 1 of Us

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:29 am
Was about to PM you to see if you'd been sleeping Sin.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 19, 2013 6:57 am
My statement above was meant as a joke, but if it is causing certain people to attack me from now on, I am up to it. I know I am capable and skilled enough to defend myself, so it'll be fun Razz There is no exp loss anyways, so why not? Wink
But back on Topic.

While I dislike the term "PK", I do love the term "PvP".
I am not going to Google or research the meaning of both terms, I am just gonna use the meaning I believe are right.
While PK (Player Killing) sounds more like 1 vs 1 battles/duels to me, I do not really prefer it.
Player(s) vs Player(s), or short "PvP", does sound like Party/Raid Battles to me. Massive battles that require strategy and skills. Other than PK in which the stronger individual wins.

Yes, I do like massive battles, with a lot of people involved. At least I liked it in Shaiya because of the Kill Count and PvP Ranks. Obviously, the more people are involved on both sides, the more kills you could gain and advance in the PvP Ranking. This is the aspect of Shaiya I liked the most and would really love to see recreated in DKO. with lvl based battlegrounds (15, 30, 45) which also leads to lv 15/30 equipment to gain value, which makes things more interesting.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 7:06 am
That IS PvP. Lol. So is dueling. Pk is surprise thanking when someone is grinding on a mob and yoyre like "hey, that guys name is red switch I think I'll kill 'I'm" and you run up skills blazing and crit the player from behind and they are now pulling aggro from a mob or are just finished and are getting killed by you. .the difference is just the ha, look what I can do. Whereas ma's PvP maps and instance battles are brilliant and fun. Smile

The faction war maps in shaiya were great

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedApr 19, 2013 7:18 am
filipvarga wrote:
My statement above was meant as a joke, but if it is causing certain people to attack me from now on, I am up to it. I know I am capable and skilled enough to defend myself, so it'll be fun Razz There is no exp loss anyways, so why not? Wink
But back on Topic.

While I dislike the term "PK", I do love the term "PvP".
I am not going to Google or research the meaning of both terms, I am just gonna use the meaning I believe are right.
While PK (Player Killing) sounds more like 1 vs 1 battles/duels to me, I do not really prefer it.
Player(s) vs Player(s), or short "PvP", does sound like Party/Raid Battles to me. Massive battles that require strategy and skills. Other than PK in which the stronger individual wins.

Yes, I do like massive battles, with a lot of people involved. At least I liked it in Shaiya because of the Kill Count and PvP Ranks. Obviously, the more people are involved on both sides, the more kills you could gain and advance in the PvP Ranking. This is the aspect of Shaiya I liked the most and would really love to see recreated in DKO. with lvl based battlegrounds (15, 30, 45) which also leads to lv 15/30 equipment to gain value, which makes things more interesting.  
Actually i can affirm that the NEW PvP/Pk Terms are wrong for the new generation of players..

I'm an old school mmorpg gamer, so here is what it has ever been in the past:

PvP = Everything that concern MASSIVE war between players (regardless of the clan/guild/ally/realm appartenence). It's the "GOOD part of PvP" and can happen any time everywhere. The people that take part into PvP (or called war) are usually the ones that meet their "enemy" and fight, usually using the purple color (some games also orange). Part of the PvP stuff there are Clan/Guild Wars, Ally Wars, Castle Siege, Territory Wars, Outpost Wars, Raid Wars, Ecc..

Structured PvP = It's a fake PvP to my eyes, because it require an arena and a limited ammount of players inside. They are mainly istanced, and to me everything is istanced is a fail (That is why i like way more open PvP, because it's the true PvP form).

PK = That is a part of the PvP features and is the "BAD part of PvP". Pk is the negative karma action that a person uses to kill unharmless people unaware of the danger and that can't reply the attacker. Who became a PK usually get a RED name and gain negative Karma gaining also penalities for that. It's the equal of "murderer".

So based on that: DK Open PvP is ok, but need a restyle with the Karma system to allow TRUE PvPers (like me and my clan) to enjoy it completelly and those who don't like to PvP, to get a "revenge system" (the karma one) to be helped.

To who say that the Karma system wont stop them because they will take back their gear.. ok, it's a fact, but is also a fact that EACH time they lose a stuff, they need to redo it, so, is it fun to lose all the times your gear because you wanted to be a murderer (PK)? It's not fun lose 100 times your gear and redo it 100 times. The 101 times this murderer will think twice before do it again.. trust me.. ever happend ever will do.

And anyway, don't QQ about PvP too much. That is War. War never change. If you like to be a PvE master there are right games to play that have only PvE. DKO has ever been stated to be a PvP focused game.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 19, 2013 7:29 am
Man I hate my phone's auto correct....

Thank you for the explanation of the terms Bryan.

Those are what PvP and PK are.

If things were set up.correctly it'd be a great way to maintain the game as an awesome PvP experience.

betavich

Rank 0
betavich
PostedApr 20, 2013 10:36 am

virtual R A P E gang

what was groups of thugs running around the inside of the mine has now evolved into a virtual r a p e gang inside the entrance of the mine you will find mages trying to get in blocked by 4 to 6 fighters and 4 chars on mounts behind them to get anyone that slips through ... this will have to have a non pvp server to be playable at all and the pvp server will be very empty.