rexbrampy

Rank 0
rexbrampy
PostedApr 18, 2013 11:49 am
OHHHHHH! I think i misunderstood.

Gacha Point Box*Localization error in game. Does not contain Poppet

I thought it was SUPPOSED to contain a poppet and due to an error it doesn't for now^^

LOLZ....kk carry on the pk/no pk war.

Peace out.
Advertisement

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 18, 2013 11:50 am
rexbrampy wrote:
OHHHHHH! I think i misunderstood.

Gacha Point Box*Localization error in game. Does not contain Poppet

I thought it was SUPPOSED to contain a poppet and due to an error it doesn't for now^^

LOLZ....kk carry on the pk/no pk war.

Peace out.  

Lol even with the care bear cement earlier you make me smile man. Haha

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedApr 18, 2013 12:03 pm
By true pvpers, I refer to the large groups / guilds that arrived here with intent to pvp. "true pvp" is a different term and everyone has their own opinion on that. I guess 'hardcore' or 'intense' would have been a better word, I didn't put much time into that post.

Anyway - the main point I meant with that is the player-base that argued for such a system has for the most part left DKO and they aren't coming back.

The game has also been inflated way too much. Imagine if the bosses were still on a 1 hour respawn time as they were in closed beta(now only 10 minutes), vouchers non-tradeable(as in CB - and now). There could have potentially been a massive pk war over every boss i.e Skarr, etc, for vouchers.

But as I said, there is no end game content to pvp over. Heroics and even legendarys are a dime a dozen.

Open PVP could have been great for DKO. At this point and time, it's just going to be used to gank weaker players, often newer ones - which this low pop game desperately needs.

I'm a player who tends to favor open PVP in MMO's. I just don't see it doing any justice to the game in this current state. Maybe if we had the forest map, who knows. I really do enjoy and favor games with open PVP, I'm just explaining why it isn't exactly working out.

Heck, any simple raid-style boss spawning every hour or two in the lost city would grab attention for people to compete over - and away from being bored to death with nothing to do but troll weaker players.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 18, 2013 1:17 pm
MPure wrote:

Heck, any simple raid-style boss spawning every hour or two in the lost city would grab attention for people to compete over - and away from being bored to death with nothing to do but troll weaker players.  

That's what I'm hoping for.
Even as I call myself a "PvPer", simple Player Killing is not that appealing to me. Yes, killing players is fun and that is one of the main points of PvP, but I do also prefer statistics or PvP Ranking to show how much I've killed and how good/bad I am at it.
Yes, this is called bragging.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedApr 18, 2013 1:21 pm
All this QQing is irritating me a lot. Seriously, in the last 5 years the online community has become a large group of "Hug's and Kisses" players and TOTALLY forgot what PvP and Pk mean? Where the Hard are gone all the old school Players that liked to play with the adrenalinic PvP feeling?

In fact MY clan is an old school PvP Clan, here is the question, we run all around, did you ever seen MY clan Pk people randomly? No, why? Because we know what PvP is and we will for sure hunt down Pkers so, whenever you are Pked (and you are not an enemy clan of ours, ofc) you can count on us..

Now to the point, YOU all are forgetting a MAIN thing:
-Korean version does HAVE open world PvP and the Korean version is full of people and is working without problems.
-Korean version dose HAVE a karma system, and it allow true PvPers to do PvP without any regret or problem and PUNISH the Pkers (murderer).
-Korean version in fact simply have the PvP system i suggested here (Link)

So do you want to be a "PvE lover" that like "hugs and kisses"? Well, make my suggestion being applyed because it heavy punish murderers (PK) and fair reward people that like the fair Open PvP.

And to anyone that will still try to say "i can get Pked anyway", you are, in fact, BUT, there are people that WILL hunt the Pkers down (like was happening in L2, and L2 still work a lot), due to the penality a Pker will get, and trust me (yes i'm aware of the fact i take it as example, but i can't do otherwise, if his PvP system is the better ever made) DK with the same PvP system, will work much better and you will be allowed to get help against Pker quickly and easy.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 18, 2013 1:27 pm
Minus the fact that the definition of PvP can be placed inside the definition of PvE if you take the acronyms literally, since PvP becomes the environment, and therefore that part is just silly. I completely agree with Bryan's stance on it.

I still believe it was half baked... If it gets fixed in a timely manner before too many players quit, well... Then we just may still have a game on our hands.

zaylin101

Rank 0
PostedApr 18, 2013 1:30 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
All this QQing is irritating me a lot. Seriously, in the last 5 years the online community has become a large group of "Hug's and Kisses" players and TOTALLY forgot what PvP and Pk mean? Where the **** are gone all the old school Players that liked to play with the adrenalinic PvP feeling?

In fact MY clan is an old school PvP Clan, here is the question, we run all around, did you ever seen MY clan Pk people randomly? No, why? Because we know what PvP is and we will for sure hunt down Pkers so, whenever you are Pked (and you are not an enemy clan of ours, ofc) you can count on us..

Now to the point, YOU all are forgetting a MAIN thing:
-Korean version does HAVE open world PvP and the Korean version is full of people and is working without problems.
-Korean version dose HAVE a karma system, and it allow true PvPers to do PvP without any regret or problem and PUNISH the Pkers (murderer).
-Korean version in fact simply have the PvP system i suggested here (Link)

So do you want to be a "PvE lover" that like "hugs and kisses"? Well, make my suggestion being applyed because it heavy punish murderers (PK) and fair reward people that like the fair Open PvP.

And to anyone that will still try to say "i can get Pked anyway", you are, in fact, BUT, there are people that WILL hunt the Pkers down (like was happening in L2, and L2 still work a lot), due to the penality a Pker will get, and trust me (yes i'm aware of the fact i take it as example, but i can't do otherwise, if his PvP system is the better ever made) DK with the same PvP system, will work much better and you will be allowed to get help against Pker quickly and easy.  

Most of your suggestion apply to all of the games that I played before. That is why it comes a surprise that when they updated the game they did not include karma system. For someone that created a lot of games I am really surprise. Do we really need to vote on your suggestion which is so obvious that should be implemented in the first place? The only excuse that I can accept right now is "IT IS STILL OPEN BETA" but that is not good enough for some people to stay unfortunately.

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 18, 2013 6:35 pm
you want old skool players eh? I've been playing all types of games since atari... and as for pvp games i was playing World of Warcraft BEFORE it's first expansion Burning Crusade. there, yeah it could get brutal in pvp zones, but back then pk was not a nice term as everyone views it now. then it was heavily looked down upon to pvp someone who did NOT want to pvp, even in pvp zones we still had a choice to pvp or not, to flag ourselves or not... However, you could get auto flagged if you helped or assisted via buffs or healing someone who was flagged, and there was no, instant teleporting to a safe area until way later and with certain items.

What I'm po'd about is that i dont have ANY choice whatsoever as to if i want to be flagged in these PK zones. I recognize PK as not a PVP but as for what it is, ruthless trolling, 'player-killer' the term in and of itself means murderer. the term already alludes to a very unfair one sided system. IE players that are already high leveled trounce low leveled inexperienced or just plain unlucky players to get what every item, bonus etc that one would get from high kill rates. And NO a karma system will NOT help, it will always be one sided... it does not take much time to get a high leveld toon on this game, especially for the players that have done it already... So the penalties in your system are moot, because in less than three days, that person would have another toon doing the exact same thing.

Now PVP Player V. Player, one understand going into this game that there will be instances where you will battle another player and probably die. One does not expect or want to go into this not realizing that in certain areas, they dont have a choice and will constantly get ganked. We already have campers and 'afkers' in ruemon. Do you not remember the HUGE debate over campers during rvr when this game first started? that should be the first clue that mandatory pk zones are only going to give these guys another thing camp and make a 'buck' as it were. Easy Pickings...

I played dcuo for a bit, and they had a very unique mechanism, you can change from pve to pvp servers in game, you want to focus on quests and strengthening your toon so you can handle an open pvp world where the opposing side camps at your front door, you can, just go thru a certain area and switch to pve, you like pvp and dont care at all to quest, stay in pvp server. The point in that game THEY HAD A CHOICE and could change it constantly without any penalty or payment...

Even wow allowed you to switch servers, either just starting a new character on a pve server, or paying RL money to move your characters.

Here, no we dont, now people go into temple, they have to worry not ONLY about the massive amounts of mobs, but also pk's... Does that sound at all like true PVP? Nope, though it does sound alot like TRUE Player-Killer PK... A player that takes advantage of unsuspecting players and kills them for, like i said, 'a quick buck'....

I don't think there is anything in this that 'hugs and kisses'... I admit, I'm not a strong fighter, I usually stick with casters, however I'm finding my SM can do some damage... So yeah i wouldn't mind some dueling or pvp, would like to try it out sometime honestly, however, PK? nope not for me, due to that it's a dirty low-blow ***** type of fighting, and how they put it in this game, makes it seem like its 'honorable' when it's not. Yeah it's a choice to play dirty, but having to subject everyone in the game to that, ESPECIALLY in areas where a good amount of quests are and grinding for Grinding-He**. Nah, definately not cool, and not true pvp...

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedApr 18, 2013 9:40 pm
I would like some players of the ever quest series to chime in (if you don't know what everquest was get off the forum and Google one of the mostbimptessive memo forebears to ever be made) since that game is one of the original mmo worlds ever released and should be studied by new developers etc due to its ongoing success. (I wanted to play this back in 03 but never had the system for it)

So, Sindah, Alcaeus, (both of whom were topped ranked players in EQ for years and STILL are) would you please describe the PvP and PK system of your game compared to what we have now? Are there similarities and what advice would you give the players to help keep them around?

betavich

Rank 0
betavich
PostedApr 19, 2013 4:41 am

reasonable game play success not possible

i thought id try to level in the first part of the mine before you get to all the gangs of thugs running around and just kill cave men and moles , i got buffs in raden i paid 2600 to teleport , i went into the mine with all buffs on i killed a caveman , my health was half down before i could open skills and drag heal to non cycleing 2nd qiuick slot bar a red player stabbed me in the back and killed me, now i have to spend 2600 to get back to raden .and another 2600 to go back again... i lost time and i lost gold ,i killed one mob and died because of no retribution for killing white name players and the back stabber gets rewarded with bp points while i suffer for it. and i dont get to level because i have no place to play.