triratna

Rank 0
triratna
PostedApr 16, 2013 7:09 am   Last edited by triratna on Apr 16, 2013 7:46 am. Edited 4 times in total

Switched Mech names [Whipper and Medic]

I can't believe Medic mech and Whipper mech are switched.

Medic mech are suppose to be Athena and Whipper are suppose to be kali. But this important detail are being keep ignore it messed up the original korean queens blade lore.

Medic has greek fire skill for a reason and their inspirational buff are not Indian goddess kali who are indian goddess of death and changes.

------------------------------------------
While the brunette Whipper with their Hi-tech Urumi blade are an Indian origin have an "athena" for a mech?

------------------------------------------
Seriously, Aeria games gotta fix this switched mech name before it gets embarrassing.
Some of you might not care about writings and queens blade lore but there are some of us who actually played the original game and do read the whole text to measure it's worth. I can overlook other queen blade lore mistakes on scarlet blade.

The same way your American version sailormoon would rename Usagi into.. Sabrina for localization sake And U.S whipper being Brazillian..south american and not indian, whatever.

The Jupiter Core renamed into Bittercore. Yeah right?

BUT THIS SCREWED UP MECH NAMING IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT I CAN'T OVERLOOK NOR FORGIVE.
for f**k sake fix the switched mech name!!!

Moved to the appropriate forum location.
Advertisement

xClutz

Rank 1
xClutz
PostedApr 16, 2013 7:12 am
Heh, interesting points..
Try suggesting it here: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1866

triratna

Rank 0
triratna
PostedApr 16, 2013 7:16 am   Last edited by triratna on Apr 23, 2013 7:15 am. Edited 6 times in total

WIKIPEDIA. REFERENCE

triratna

Rank 0
triratna
PostedApr 16, 2013 7:42 am   Last edited by triratna on Apr 23, 2013 7:07 am. Edited 1 time in total
xClutz wrote:
Heh, interesting points..
Try suggesting it here: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/index.php?f=1866  

Already did. Didn't work.
Contact Aeria Directly. Already did that too.
We even reported this mistake since alpha. It still persist on OBT.

The medic mech is ATHENA 아테나
The Whipper mech is KALI 칼이

It's just simple as that.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 16, 2013 8:35 am
Please...no...just no...I rather like being able to get into my Whipper mech and I have a strong aversion to the name "Kali" in any context, so I won't touch my Medic mech even if I'm dying to another Medic.

xClutz

Rank 1
xClutz
PostedApr 16, 2013 9:05 am
draakdorei wrote:
Please...no...just no...I rather like being able to get into my Whipper mech and I have a strong aversion to the name "Kali" in any context, so I won't touch my Medic mech even if I'm dying to another Medic.  

I have to support this ^
I LOVE the name "Kali" and would not want my mech to be called "Athena".
But that's just my opinion.

triratna

Rank 0
triratna
PostedApr 20, 2013 9:02 pm
Then Would you like to have your OWN name BEING misspelled, misnamed, misidentified into other person for slandering?

This is one major mistakes with carelessness that involve completely incorrect facts, gross misquotes and extreme misrepresentations.

Pardon one offense, and you encourage the commission of many.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 20, 2013 9:41 pm
triratna wrote:
Then Would you like to have your OWN name BEING misspelled, misnamed, misidentified into other person for slandering?

This is one major mistakes with carelessness that involve completely incorrect facts, gross misquotes and extreme misrepresentations.

Pardon one offense, and you encourage the commission of many.

There is no slandering being done. Slander requires an actual party being hurt, mythical creatures cannot be slandered.

Localizations are translated games that may or may not use exact names to the original. Most of them will change names that are considered too difficult or poorly perceived; your Usugi example is a prime one in this case.

It is a very hard undertaking to seek to please everybody.
Publilius Syrus, Maxims  

Elynosgirl

Rank 2
Elynosgirl
PostedApr 21, 2013 2:54 pm
it's making sense and as a medic i don't see a problem for my mech to be called athena
I also like kali but...it's not fitting a healler to be called after a god of death ...

(✿◠‿◠)( ⌣́,⌣̀)(^◡^ )

triratna

Rank 0
triratna
PostedApr 23, 2013 6:49 am
Exactly, that's the Problem.

GODDESS KALI

It's amazing Aeria determined not to change Medic mech name into athena in spite of the fact of all reason. Not all players are simple minded being spoon fed on illogical content.

B1tch please!