cidnemo

Rank 0
cidnemo
PostedApr 15, 2013 10:53 pm
I have no idea why you're complaining about a system wherein even at the lowest prize, you're still saving some cents than buying the whole thing outright. :I
Advertisement

narutotazxx

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
narutotazxx
PostedApr 15, 2013 11:24 pm
I believe in lick because on SMT when it was still here i did the loot wheel spent 500 ap 5$ and won first did not even care about the jackpot but when i was on 12sky2 i said what the hey might as well try on here spent 40k ap 400$ never got first or jackpot its all about luck

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 16, 2013 3:39 am
cidnemo wrote:
I have no idea why you're complaining about a system wherein even at the lowest prize, you're still saving some cents than buying the whole thing outright. :I  

Probably because the lowest prizes are nontradeable, which arguably lessens the AP value of them.

teamvortex

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 2:33 pm
The only difference between your winning numbers and mine is mine are seen right in front of me. There is no listing for odds of winning there is ONLY the wheel so the numbers I used are based off what EVERYONE can see.

Your numbers are ALL just you GUESSING what the chances of winning are.

How about we stick to facts we KNOW and not just make up random chances of winning that sound good.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 16, 2013 2:42 pm   Last edited by Rekikyo on Apr 16, 2013 3:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total
teamvortex wrote:
The only difference between your winning numbers and mine is mine are seen right in front of me. There is no listing for odds of winning there is ONLY the wheel so the numbers I used are based off what EVERYONE can see.

Your numbers are ALL just you GUESSING what the chances of winning are.

How about we stick to facts we KNOW and not just make up random chances of winning that sound good.  

Trying to retort with being a wise-arse doesn't do you any justice.

It's been posted by previous PM's on other games at what rates they typically set the wheel proportions to.

And actually my numbers are accurate. yours are percieved face values and show little to no understanding of probability at all.

OSUBeaver

GameSage: Forum
OSUBeaver
PostedApr 16, 2013 2:45 pm
The crux of the issue is the assumption that the size of a slice of the digital wheel represents accurately the area-based percentage of winning. Knowing this to be fallacy, the next logical request/complaint would be to inquire what the actual winning percentages are.

Unfortunately, such information has yet to be shared for MOST of the chance based items/games here. There have been some "equal chance" loot boxes and prizes, but they are always very prominently marked.

[edit] - I may stand corrected
Rekikyo wrote:
It's been posted by previous PM's on other games at what rates they typically set the wheel proportions to.  

Link please?

Just plain Beaver now.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 16, 2013 3:14 pm   Last edited by Rekikyo on Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total
OSUBeaver wrote:
The crux of the issue is the assumption that the size of a slice of the digital wheel represents accurately the area-based percentage of winning. Knowing this to be fallacy, the next logical request/complaint would be to inquire what the actual winning percentages are.

Unfortunately, such information has yet to be shared for MOST of the chance based items/games here. There have been some "equal chance" loot boxes and prizes, but they are always very prominently marked.

Rekikyo wrote:

Link please?  

Going to have to do some digging, but Spaznik divulged a couple of the Shaiya loot wheels.

I'm going to have trouble looking through every post dealing with the loot wheel to look for success rates, but what I was saying was consistent with what the entire thread is trying to say: certain prizes are weighted. I just merely added the values I have heard from other games; 1% for Jackpot, 5-10% for top prizes, and 20% for intermediate prizes. I actually used to play some loot wheels on shaiya during their tier events, and I can verify that I typically got one of the intermediate prizes around 20% of the time. I very rarely every got the 5-10% prizes though, because the probabilities are against you there.

teamvortex

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 3:35 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
OSUBeaver wrote:

Rekikyo wrote:

Link please?  

Going to have to do some digging, but Spaznik divulged a couple of the Shaiya loot wheels.  

I got a better idea you provide a link to back up your numbers cause I think you are full of BS.

Just for the record ASSUMPTION (which is what you are working off) is NOT "accurate" you might want to know what the word accurate means while making an assumption about numbers you have no real idea about.

On that note OF COURSE the wheel does not represent the winning chance based off face value I think that has already been proven and they do NOT have anything listed to show odds of winning. When there is no SAID odds of winning and all you have to go off is face value yet it does not add up that is what is known as (drum roll please) a RIGGED game.

I find it really funny that everyone here just backs up my point but rather then take the approach "WTF why is this **** rigged" you take the stance of "its not rigged its just a game with out chances of winning listed and the face values you see in front of you are incorrect". Or in other words I am saying "the wheel is rigged" and in different words you are saying "NO that is not true the wheel is rigged" lol

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedApr 16, 2013 4:11 pm
OSUBeaver wrote:

Obviously the size of the slice reflects the chance. That is how wheels that aren't rigged work in reality. Why shape it as a wheel unless it works like one?

I see it as completely possible for him to get those bad results in a real wheel though. Probability is not very kind when you count it correctly.

teamvortex

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 4:26 pm
lingu023 wrote:
OSUBeaver wrote:

Obviously the size of the slice reflects the chance. That is how wheels that aren't rigged work in reality. Why shape it as a wheel unless it works like one?

I see it as completely possible for him to get those bad results in a real wheel though. Probability is not very kind when you count it correctly.  

I agree with that it is totally possible to get what I did even with the chances but both probability and statistics dictate that it is rigged.

You did bring up a VERY good point though why make it a wheel unless its designed to work like one. Which only FURTHER shows how rigged the system is. If it was a box I opened which said "you have a chance on winning these items" I could understand that and I would almost for sure not get anything good out of it cause I am sure the chance of winning anything nice is low but when a wheel with a set amount of tiles is represented it gives the illusion that your chances of winning are based off probability and not one of hidden chance. Which only FURTHER goes to back up my point... The Narak Relic Loot Wheel IS in fact rigged.