Adamanteus8

Aeria: Product Manager
Adamanteus8
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:04 am
Today is the last day you can make your entry.

I'm surprised...I thought there were more people in this community that were artists or could make good sigs. We're going to have to improve that in this community.
Advertisement

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:07 am
Adamanteus8 wrote:

I'm surprised...I thought there were more people in this community that were artists or could make good sigs. We're going to have to improve that in this community.  

I am just too busy

Xtcmax

Rank 0
Xtcmax
PostedApr 26, 2013 10:18 am
I agree. Will explain later why.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 11:13 am

marielle18fbbs

Rank 5
marielle18fbbs
PostedApr 26, 2013 12:50 pm
Ninniachel wrote:
Adamanteus8 wrote:

I am just too busy  

The fact that they don't attend doesn't mean they're not there.. There's more fish in the sea.
Some people, like me, just prefer normal requests above contest. Most of the sig artists are closed atm, tho. So it's less "crowded"with siggy artists than usual.
It's rather rude to say such a thing.. "We're going to have to improve that." Improve what? People having a real life? Mathy is closed, holy is closed, iris is closed, mimi is closed. You can't "improve"people's preferences.. I didn't attend cause I didn't feel like it. Does that make me a bad sig artist, or just a human being?

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedApr 26, 2013 12:54 pm
Given the tone of people's post across the forums, I think due to people's perspectives. Most are indifferent, and other things so may not be as enthused to jump in on contest at this time. There are a few things and reasoning I've said in private that I will say not in public only because I know feedback etc for somethings is best behind closed doors.

Xtcmax

Rank 0
Xtcmax
PostedApr 26, 2013 12:55 pm
I am open, but I don't work for free. After spending time and effort I would like to get some gratitude, not simple: "Thank you."

I think what he meant by "We will have to improve that." is "We will try to get more people involved in creating art and visiting forum."

fairyz

Rank 2
fairyz
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:26 am
Ninniachel wrote:
Fun and easy to work with are 2 different things. I like working with non anime renders also but i find them a little more challenging. It has a greater reward though in terms of the overall siggy  

I didn't mean it to sound negative, so I'm sorry if it did. Smile
But personally I would also prefer fun over easy. I agree anime is easier to work with. To me it sounds like people prefer working with anime (which is perfectly cool), but I love the challenge of not using it.

Adamanteus8 wrote:

We've had more artists, active ones. I think it's a shame we don't have so many right now, but people do have lives outside of this forum. But I'm looking very much forward to seeing how you're going to try and get us more. Smile

Siggy by zuzurainyday @ sundays' shop

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:47 am
fairyz wrote:
Ninniachel wrote:
Fun and easy to work with are 2 different things. I like working with non anime renders also but i find them a little more challenging. It has a greater reward though in terms of the overall siggy  

I didn't mean it to sound negative, so I'm sorry if it did. Smile
But personally I would also prefer fun over easy. I agree anime is easier to work with. To me it sounds like people prefer working with anime (which is perfectly cool), but I love the challenge of not using it.

Adamanteus8 wrote:

We've had more artists, active ones. I think it's a shame we don't have so many right now, but people do have lives outside of this forum. But I'm looking very much forward to seeing how you're going to try and get us more. Smile  

I understand. Right now my thing has been LoL renders since I play LoL with my college friends a lot. Also I am busy in school

fairyz

Rank 2
fairyz
PostedApr 27, 2013 12:54 am
Ninniachel wrote:
I understand. Right now my thing has been LoL renders since I play LoL with my college friends a lot. Also I am busy in school  

I've used some of them as well, they're pretty neat. Smile I like the colours.

Siggy by zuzurainyday @ sundays' shop