Author Message

afghantears

Rank 1
afghantears
Joined
31 Dec 2012
Posts
244
Location
Canada
PostedApr 15, 2013 12:25 am   Last edited by afghantears on Apr 15, 2013 5:05 am. Edited 1 time in total

Dear Aeria Games

Regarding Events/Terms Of Service and other issues
Regarding playtimes and other events, don't make them if your going to make up new rules to ban people for. Making new rules up which are on forums that are not part of Terms of Service. So when one reads TOS, agree to them, obide by them, only to find out there are posts on the forums which are "rules" but they are not part of the TOS, this is unfair, and looks like you just make up rules to suit yourselfs, just because you can. The whole point of hosting events is to gain popularity and attract new clientele/players, not to chase the existing ones away and lose revenue in the process instead of gainning it.

GMs attitude towards players is horrificly bad and treats them like subhuman. People are so scared to do anything that they are down right quitting the game completely. People being banned for such minor reasons due to the GMs being too lazy to even give it a second thought are just simply not interested in investing in this game anymore because they can see how easily it can be lost.

People spend massive amount of money on weapon bombs and stack game items for years on one account just to see some hidden rule somewhere or have the the TOS bended against them
to justify a ban just so they can make another account and spend massive amount of money all over again, I personally find this utterly pathetic and imoral, that is not the way someone should be treated.

I have personally seen a large number of the original players who were some of the top real money spenders in Soldier Front when it was hosted by Ijji leave this game in the past four months due to the severe poor quality of customer service or Aeria Games and the ones that are still here barely spend much at all if any.

Most players that actually play the game without the drama which makes at least 70% of the community do not read the forums untill they are banned for reasons that are despicable and so minor, most people that play video games are addicted to the live gameplay its self not some chat box in the forums.

Regarding boosting/swapping, I have tb swapped and boosted plenty back in Ijji and I know exactly how it works, You have a group of friends who play daily and use the ingame play as community chat box but limited to the group only so a private room is made so they are not disturbed by anyone outside the group, the whole point was if you are going to chat for hours with each other why not play the game in a manner where no one gets agitated by the gameplay and achieve higher rank at the same time. Please explain to me how achieving a 3 star rank boosting from time to time in 6 years without any hacks is an exploit of the game when people are doing it in less then 6 days now.

If some people choose to have private group games they should be allowed to, they dont bother anyone so why should they be bothered and how is it an exploit of the game when the company is not being scammed for anything, no hacks are being used and the other players in the community are not affected by them ingame when they are playing in public. High rank and some numbers on a profile of a player does not make him/her any better then a fresh trainee account so how is that a exploit in any way.

Any staff reading this should understand the players point of view, as players we have spent years getting to know the game that we play on almost daily bases, after years of playing with the same community you get to know the players really good and understand each others frustration when it comes to issues regarding the game and currently the majory of the community is not happy with how easily they can be exploited by the hosting company, I know this because I have recently lost so many good friends that I have known for years that played this game and others complain daily.

Yours truly:
Voice of a dying community

And no I'm not banned or anything, just stating some facts.
Advertisement

huemines

Rank 1
huemines
Joined
22 Jul 2012
Posts
236
Location
United States
PostedApr 15, 2013 12:49 am
Looks like someone got banned for afking hmmm, to be honest i dont care anymore, for reasons you mentioned i didnt even try this event, maybe i got the hours maybe i didnt, all imma say is you are one hundred percent spot on about making new and random things up to ban ppl... its really stupid in my opinion.

Topic.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Topic.
Joined
05 Jan 2012
Posts
11817
Location
Would that be for here or Togo
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:10 am
The last time I checked.. the TOS hasn't changed since Aeria had acquired SF :\
I mean all you have to do is play the game normally...

In my opinion..
The Playtime Events are what cause a ton of commotion like this in SF simply because either people are out to get each other for AFKn or those people being caught are getting pissed off. Either way there's too much unneeded tension brewing up in this community because of that. Things would be alot easier if people were more informed ingame or if people stopped taking the easy way out of everything. I would prefer Challenge Events that give an incentive for players to try to actually play the game for what it has to offer.

Don't get me wrong.. I can see the frustration players are having because of this but when it comes down to obtaining free items from events here on Aeria everyone should never assume that it will come easy. There will always be a catch to it. I really wish that more players would check out the forums more often not just to keep themselves informed but to actually try to interact with other players of SF.

Going to put this out there to make it clear to everyone
In this game ..
Exploiting = cheating on an event/ Boosting or Swapping ( Basically taking advantage of an unlegit method)


Before any of you even considered to participate in the PT EVENT .. you guys did read the part what will happen when you go AFK but some people do anyway..

Now as far calling the GMs lazy.. I wouldn't be so sure about that.The fact the GMs are strict means that they're enforcing their policy for running the game. The fact they have been monitoring the game more frequently now kinda disproves that statement. They monitor certain players/lobby activity/certain games. Some people said that the GMs don't care about SF.. well I mean if they lurked around the game for hackers and cheaters I'm pretty sure they want to keep this game as legit as possible.

Reports of players going AFK or swapping are addressed by the GMs while they examine the issue ingame themselves. Anyone can make a false report but the reason behind alot of the infractions players have been randomly getting is because they actually look into the player logs for the type of information such as # of kills per game of # of hours per game.
Everything always comes into consideration before any decision is made.




To break down and make it simple..

There wouldn't be trouble in this game if players just didn't troll and played legit.
I've seen the really nice parts of this community and some of the really messed up sections as well. Some people are low and will do anything to slander another player's reputation while others will give a reason for new and old players to enjoy the Soldier Front for what it really is.

afghantears

Rank 1
afghantears
Joined
31 Dec 2012
Posts
244
Location
Canada
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:25 am
Tropic the way I see it you have lost touch with the actual people that play the game not the ones that spend 5 minutes in lobby looking at the rooms and 2 hours on the forums, you dont really have a clue whats going on ingame. I can respect your input but whatever you say will always be in favour of Aeria Games not the players simply because you have to.

Im just as active as you are but I see a whole other picture that you are blind to because im active ingame. I could put so many holes in the statement that you just made but I would rather not and let everyone else decide for themselfs.

Credits to RazorAim

angrument

Rank 1
angrument
Joined
30 Jun 2012
Posts
360
Location
your body Canada
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:25 am
I partly agree.

<a> </a>

eu_tried

Rank 3
eu_tried
Joined
03 Jan 2013
Posts
1308
Location
Really live in UK. United States
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:30 am
afghantears wrote:
Tropic the way I see it you have lost touch with the actual people that play the game not the ones that spend 5 minutes in lobby looking at the rooms and 2 hours on the forums, you dont really have a clue whats going on ingame. I can respect your input but whatever you say will always be in favour of Aeria Games not the players simply because you have to.

Im just as active as you are but I see a whole other picture that you are blind to because im active ingame. I could put so many holes in the statement that you just made but I would rather not and let everyone else decide for themselfs.  


So because he believes people should work for there rank and enjoy the game he's wrong whereas your trying to justify the fact that you swap.

kotaku23

Rank 5
kotaku23
Joined
26 Jul 2012
Posts
3535
Location
SoCal United States
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:33 am
eu_tried wrote:
afghantears wrote:
Tropic the way I see it you have lost touch with the actual people that play the game not the ones that spend 5 minutes in lobby looking at the rooms and 2 hours on the forums, you dont really have a clue whats going on ingame. I can respect your input but whatever you say will always be in favour of Aeria Games not the players simply because you have to.

Im just as active as you are but I see a whole other picture that you are blind to because im active ingame. I could put so many holes in the statement that you just made but I would rather not and let everyone else decide for themselfs.  


So because he believes people should work for there rank and enjoy the game he's wrong whereas your trying to justify the fact that you swap.  


Hypocrites be like, oops.

Topic.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Topic.
Joined
05 Jan 2012
Posts
11817
Location
Would that be for here or Togo
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:37 am
afghantears wrote:
Tropic the way I see it you have lost touch with the actual people that play the game not the ones that spend 5 minutes in lobby looking at the rooms and 2 hours on the forums, you dont really have a clue whats going on ingame. I can respect your input but whatever you say will always be in favour of Aeria Games not the players simply because you have to.

Im just as active as you are but I see a whole other picture that you are blind to because im active ingame. I could put so many holes in the statement that you just made but I would rather not and let everyone else decide for themselfs.  


My credibility with which players i have in touch with cannot be questioned seeing as how i'm mainly a scrimmer that... Interacts with both the NA/EU scrim community but mainly keeps in touch with a ton of players who don't even scrim both old and new ingame and out . I'm not in favor of any side here but as a player who plays the game and a player that works with the GMs.. i kinda see beyond what both sides can see. Like i mentioned in my post.. Alot of factors are considered before a decision to ban or suspend is considered.

The reason you and I don't see eye to eye is because I've experienced beyond what old veteran players normally have. My opinions are based off what i see as an old school player and what i see as Gamesage.

eu_tried

Rank 3
eu_tried
Joined
03 Jan 2013
Posts
1308
Location
Really live in UK. United States
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:46 am
kotaku23 wrote:
eu_tried wrote:
afghantears wrote:
Tropic the way I see it you have lost touch with the actual people that play the game not the ones that spend 5 minutes in lobby looking at the rooms and 2 hours on the forums, you dont really have a clue whats going on ingame. I can respect your input but whatever you say will always be in favour of Aeria Games not the players simply because you have to.

Im just as active as you are but I see a whole other picture that you are blind to because im active ingame. I could put so many holes in the statement that you just made but I would rather not and let everyone else decide for themselfs.  


So because he believes people should work for there rank and enjoy the game he's wrong whereas your trying to justify the fact that you swap.  


Hypocrites be like, oops.  


Haha! xD

Kimuri.

Rank 4
Kimuri.
Joined
31 Aug 2012
Posts
2417
Location
Chechnya. Russia
PostedApr 15, 2013 4:20 am
Let me put it down for ya very simple and easy:

You play the game its supposed to, nothin' happens to you! So hard isn't it?


Aeria is LITERALLY handing out free WBs for nothin but your time. If you don't give them your time, then why should they give you any rewards?


Why would aeria have to host SF if all you kids are ungrateful?

Why would they do free events for ya if you're so ungrateful?



They can just ban all of us for your information no matter what reason. You agreed to the fact that they may from the beginning of your SF carreer.

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: