PostedApr 14, 2013 12:44 pm
If u want change mail on ur account u need wait 48hours

We should have dis
Advertisement

XsnipergirlX

GameSage: Soldier Front
XsnipergirlX
PostedApr 14, 2013 7:18 pm
O.o if you try to change password need to send an email of confirmation to approve and finalize that changed password.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:25 am
Good to know that Super is keeping track of this stuff, and Aeria's taking counter measures, hopefully good ones.

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedApr 15, 2013 12:52 pm
My old account got compromised when I was away from gaming for work and school. Came back to an account permanently banned sent an inquiry on why and the account was all over the world lol.

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist

mrameez786

Rank 5
mrameez786
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:47 pm
Enhanced account security is paramount, it's amazing to see what lengths some will go to in order to steal an account.

Aim for the stars................................Even If You Fail...............................You'll Land On Top Of The World!!

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedApr 15, 2013 1:49 pm
Zimmey17 wrote:
@Supes Every two months or so, you post how a competing game publisher has been compromised, is there something you need to tell the community??  

Its dangerous to go alone! Take this.

ijjimilan

Rank 4
ijjimilan
PostedApr 15, 2013 2:02 pm
1ForLyfe wrote:
My old account got compromised when I was away from gaming for work and school. Came back to an account permanently banned sent an inquiry on why and the account was all over the world lol.  

you must be famous

GunZ Stats website: http://gunzstats.vacau.com

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedApr 16, 2013 10:27 am
Zimmey17 wrote:
@Supes Every two months or so, you post how a competing game publisher has been compromised, is there something you need to tell the community??  
the difference between aeria and those other publishers

This is why I don't play DWO

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedApr 16, 2013 11:04 am
Thank you Supermanox for this information. Running Antivirus Definitions updates and fully scanning your computer via scheduled task on a licensed Anti-Virus software would help mitigate this threats. We as users of online games must be more proactive on visiting sites on the internet...make sure you know what and where you go and don't click on every link a friend or friends send you via text messages or e-mails. Always be on the "DO NOT TRUST" mode!

@Zimmey17: The difference between those companies being compromised and Aeria Games is that Aeria is responsible enough in Security Awareness and informing the community to be cautious. Those companies that get compromised lack of these awareness skills.

Credit to [GS]Abso for the Siggy

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedApr 16, 2013 11:32 am
Zimmey17 wrote:
ghostcannon wrote:

@Zimmey17: The difference between those companies being compromised and Aeria Games is that Aeria is responsible enough in Security Awareness and informing the community to be cautious. Those companies that get compromised lack of these awareness skills.  

Oh really? I always found those warnings to be more self-serving, a ego boost to the security prowess of Aeria. Disingenuous intent, quick to point out others failures. Ect ect ect.....  

It is not like it is us vs them. Their customers are our customers, and vice versa. It is also very common for users to re-use login/passwords. It just makes sense to try to let people know what is going on, because it makes it easier for everyone.