LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

How to get Mercenary Eggs or Digimon Eggs

I did the quest where you get a free Kunemon and have to hatch the egg and not exactly sure how to get those types of eggs or any eggs where you can hatch a Digimon. I've been killing a Champion hoping for a Mercenary Egg drop but still haven't gotten one. How do you get an egg that you can hatch and do all Digimon drop it or what?
Advertisement

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedApr 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Mercenary eggs are a tricky business. For one, always know that a Dropped Merc egg is NEVER a guaranteed hatch. The Kunemon and Drimogemon eggs you get are quest eggs and there for will always hatch to 3/5. (Pay in mind, having a egg hatch at 4/5 is the preferred route.)

In DMO, our version at least (The JM ?Version) We have a lovely little thing called a 'Drop Cap'. This means if you are 7-8 lvls higher than a digimon, you get nothing. No drops aside from some quest or event items.

How, as for Merc Egg drops. First check around and ask if a certian Digimon is capable of dropping a Merc egg. Then, at that point it is pure, blind, randomized luck. Mercenary DigiEggs are RARE drops. There have been cases of folks, even myself, who spend hours grinding on a certain set of Digimon and never saw a single egg drop. And the opposite when we've acquired several within a few minuets.

Just be patient, keep killing, and don't give up hope. Just remember, it's all Luck.

You'll know when one drops, as they will appear as large, spinning eggs with an enormous glow around them.

Remember, not all Digimon drop Mercenary eggs.

LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 5:20 pm
So are Merc Eggs the only thing that you can get a Digimon to hatch from? I'm assuming yes but I did see some eggs people were selling for about 25 M. And the name on the egg didn't say Merc but the name of the Digimon.

LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Are all hatched Digmon in there Rookie Form?

I've seen high level people run around with Ultimates, Megas and Champions. It seems there isn't a limit to the time they stay in that form since they are sometimes afk selling stuff.

S0ulCal1ber

Rank 4
S0ulCal1ber
PostedApr 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Re: Are all hatched Digmon in there Rookie Form?

LordChouun wrote:
I've seen high level people run around with Ultimates, Megas and Champions. It seems there isn't a limit to the time they stay in that form since they are sometimes afk selling stuff.  

thats because they are using aura, or have high DS and those eggs for 25m are not worth it as you are more then likely to fail at hatching it due to merc eggs being entirely luck

when you see a egg with yellow writing and for (ex:550m ) these eggs are garentee to hatch

LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 6:28 pm
I found an Egg and when I scanned it nothing happened. I noticed this happened to other data eggs that digimon dropped. Is this a common thing that happens with eggs?

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedApr 13, 2013 6:53 pm
Droppable Merc eggs do not need to be scanned, you just plop it in an incubator, insert Data and hope for the best.

If you scan a Merc Egg, you'll get Data or Digicores which can be used in the Core Shop in Dats.

The only Merc Eggs you should scan are AP Eggs. And you only have to scan those once to find out What lvl the egg is at, or what Digi it is (If Mystery)

I have a guide that explains hatching over in the Self Help section.

LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 7:09 pm
novasiriflame wrote:
Droppable Merc eggs do not need to be scanned, you just plop it in an incubator, insert Data and hope for the best.

If you scan a Merc Egg, you'll get Data or Digicores which can be used in the Core Shop in Dats.

The only Merc Eggs you should scan are AP Eggs. And you only have to scan those once to find out What lvl the egg is at, or what Digi it is (If Mystery)

I have a guide that explains hatching over in the Self Help section.  

I think I'll scan Merc Eggs when I already have them so I can use those Digicores. Not sure what they are used for yet since I haven't looked at that shop or most shops. I saw that Guide you had and it was helpful.

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedApr 13, 2013 7:39 pm
The Core shop has a number of items there. The primary ones are Merc Eggs(5 Cores Each), Evoluters (50 Cores each) and Clons D,C and B which are 1, 2, 3 Cores respectively and are used for 'enchanting' ones Digimon. It's always good to save cores up.

LordChouun

Rank 0
LordChouun
PostedApr 13, 2013 7:41 pm
On average how many cores do you get if you scan a Merc Egg? And do you always get cores from them?