iambignoob01

Rank 3
PostedApr 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: My opinion on the community problem

slimeyava wrote:
I think part of the problem and why it keeps getting worse is that the new players are looking up to players that hack, or think the game is just for fun etc. They think "oh I have high ping (most new players lag) why not hack to make up for it" or something like "oh that really good guy hacked too so I should".

Back in the day, in the golden era, people were looking up to like defkon or astrick when they first started, practicing with m4a1 regular even when para first came out trying to become a competitive player. There was much more pride about AVA and about being good.

Nowadays its all about winning or people just down the other teams etc.

So I think its a combo of 1. Hacking 2. Respect 3. Idols  

too many people are hackusing these days as a crutch for their fragile ego

a few years ago no one said 'no reg' after everytime they died or 'lotto' you'd just die, respawn, and continue on that would be the end of it

the more new players see others use this type of lingo/terms like 'he's uav'ing' they start to throw them around when its not even justified

imo this whole mentality of not accepting your loss and shutting up ruins the community as well

this is just one of the downward trends i have noticed over time
Advertisement

cubrilobojan

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 10:29 pm

no fun

game is broken same idiots hack every day never gona be btr

MattSniper117

Rank 1
MattSniper117
PostedApr 11, 2013 10:33 pm

iambignoob01 wrote:
slimeyava wrote:
I think part of the problem and why it keeps getting worse is that the new players are looking up to players that hack, or think the game is just for fun etc. They think "oh I have high ping (most new players lag) why not hack to make up for it" or something like "oh that really good guy hacked too so I should".

Back in the day, in the golden era, people were looking up to like defkon or astrick when they first started, practicing with m4a1 regular even when para first came out trying to become a competitive player. There was much more pride about AVA and about being good.

a few years ago no one said 'no reg' after everytime they died or 'lotto' you'd just die, respawn, and continue on that would be the end of it

the more new players see others use this type of lingo/terms like 'he's uav'ing' they start to throw them around when its not even justified

imo this whole mentality of not accepting your loss and shutting up ruins the community as well

agreed man, every game whenever someone does really well with a sniper rifle, he/she starts getting called a hacker or uaver. Its absolutely ridiculous, people can't just admit that they are better and have skills but instead they just have to use hacks as an excuse.

beezlebub007

Rank 0
beezlebub007
PostedApr 12, 2013 12:18 am

slimeyava wrote:

Thought the whole point of the game was to have fun o.o I must be playing them wrong

Inarcadian

Rank 2
Inarcadian
PostedApr 12, 2013 7:52 am
I agree mostly with iambignoob01. Bad/nonexistent idols, rolemodels w/e you want to call it. Another thing imo is that the so called "old" generation from 2-3 years ago have matured, moved on, therefore those older generation players perceive the community as immature while beeing the same just a few years ago.

I don't think the demography has shifted that much, on the other hand, it's still possible as Aeria is possibly a bigger publisher than ijji was and therefore attracts a wider (read younger) audience.

Regarding the cheating situation, without trying to attack you personally Ghoster, I'm sure that you had similar half ássed reasons to cheat. In my opinion: The older you get, the more you learn to respect others, understanding, responsibility and respect.

Another major point is that AVA has lost it's potential to be a succesful competitive title. Aeria took over AVA in a miserable state and couldn't/won't bring it back to its old glory. With bigger competitive FPS titles with actual prize money such as CS:GO or even MOBA titles such as LOL or Dota 2, there is basically no reason for a competitive player to play AVA.

With basically zero competitive players playing this game, there is no reason for Aeria to invest into the competitive side of AVA. As far as I can see, they are heading towards the casual players for a while, watering down content, server quality and customer service.

Even such horrible FPS titles like Crossfire has big tournaments with a huge prize pool on a regular basis.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/crossfire/go4crossfire/news/218904/

CROSSFIRE god ****...

So in conclusion why AVA won't be a competitive FPS title ever again:

- ijjis management towards the end and abandoning a sinking ship with competitive players moving on to other games
- Aerias inability/reluctance to revive the competitive side of AVA by investing in better, stable servers and infrastructure

You can't blame it all on the community, while yes, the community is crap. You can only keep competitive players for so long in this game, the oh so game changing AP won't hold up a player with the intention to go somewhere in his eSport career.

Just give up already, it's not worth to aim for one or two big offline tournaments a year with a mediocre prize pool. There is a reason why the old guard has moved on. Defkon, almost all the old Wildplay/ExxisDawn players such as xElk, 3xplo, Rushfreak, Gr4vity, all moved on to CS:GO, Kable is now a famous LOL player, the core KTOP players moved back to Korea. People grow old, they start having careers/lives and what not.

From those times, only a handful players remained such as the entire Crackheads team, Curse, 2Tap (Millenium/BA), Blast or whatever they broke up to now (Natural) and some individuals from succesful teams such as Expulse or DTH.

There is no competition, half the new gen players that pop up from nowhere and roll deep, cheat and suck with AC, no prizes, no future for the competitive side of AVA.

Just enjoy it as what it is, a great casual F2P title with a great past.

Inarcadian aka WizRT (formerly iRefuse/IHIRefuse) ESL contact: http://www.esl.eu/eu/player/6567990/

ImSnaes

Rank 3
ImSnaes
PostedApr 12, 2013 8:28 am
The only problem this game has is attitude towards it.

From community and from the host.

CJ.M

Rank 4
CJ.M
PostedApr 12, 2013 9:06 am

iambignoob01 wrote:
slimeyava wrote:

I don't understand how people can be that bad but still feel "pro" because they cheat. I think most of us have tried using cheats before, including op, and I think we all agree that we didn't continue to use them either A; because we are mature enough to realize how disrespectful it is to the players, the game, the publishers, etc or B; because it doesn't get us what we want. Pride in our accomplishments and knowing what we can achieve with our own skill. Just my opinion.

Inarcadian

Rank 2
Inarcadian
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:29 am

CJ.M wrote:
I think most of us have tried using cheats before...  

Please, the last time I cheated was in AoE 1998 offline to kill pre-historic men swinging bones with a laser mounted car. So please, don't lump me together with scum.

Inarcadian aka WizRT (formerly iRefuse/IHIRefuse) ESL contact: http://www.esl.eu/eu/player/6567990/

xCenti

Rank 2
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:32 am

Inarcadian wrote:
CJ.M wrote:
I think most of us have tried using cheats before...  

Please, the last time I cheated was in AoE 1998 offline to kill pre-historic men swinging bones with a laser mounted car. So please, don't lump me together with scum.  

You hacker!! I've hacked mechquest once Mad

zReMotay

Rank 3
zReMotay
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:42 am
Stahp QQ plis. What do you expect from a F2P game.. it's not AAA or anything. The community SHOULD suck.

OMG SNOWSHUBBEL LIKES ME