slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:28 pm

My opinion on the community problem

I think part of the problem and why it keeps getting worse is that the new players are looking up to players that hack, or think the game is just for fun etc. They think "oh I have high ping (most new players lag) why not hack to make up for it" or something like "oh that really good guy hacked too so I should".

Back in the day, in the golden era, people were looking up to like defkon or astrick when they first started, practicing with m4a1 regular even when para first came out trying to become a competitive player. There was much more pride about AVA and about being good.

Nowadays its all about winning or people just down the other teams etc.

So I think its a combo of 1. Hacking 2. Respect 3. Idols
Advertisement

.DontCaeria.

Rank 5.1
.DontCaeria.
St Vincent And St Vincent And St Vincent and The Grenadines
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:37 pm
Don't forget that when someone is better than you they must be a hacker, there is no other explanation for it.

.Potpourri

Rank 3
.Potpourri
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:42 pm
I like high rankers with 150+ ping, negative win/loss and ~1.0 S/D korean-shoulder-peeking me every game. Feels good.

MrProPoo

Rank 5
MrProPoo
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Or decent teams are picking up hackers unknowingly without checking thinking they are good when they are just chamming.

Screenshot server aye

xtool

Rank 0
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:49 pm
MrProPoo wrote:
Or decent teams are picking up hackers unknowingly without checking thinking they are good when they are just chamming.

Screenshot server aye  

If you can't tell your teammate is chamming , you might as well just quit.

Not referring to you, just saying "you" in general.

MrProPoo

Rank 5
MrProPoo
PostedApr 11, 2013 6:01 pm
xtool wrote:
MrProPoo wrote:

Screenshot server aye  

apparently a few didnt

AgnosticM4

Rank 4
AgnosticM4
PostedApr 11, 2013 6:55 pm
MrProPoo wrote:
xtool wrote:
MrProPoo wrote:

Screenshot server aye  

apparently a few didnt  

*cough*oldstyle*cough*
They didn't realize until 4 months after the first hackusations were announced of Soos.

@Ghoster:
Not just that, but it's the fact that AGE is not as severe as they claimed they would be with hackers. I was just in a match with some friends, having fun 'n all, then we get OPK'd. Needless to say the OPKer was friends with the clan he was playing with, and they know they get to go off scot-free because AGE only bans the account in question, according to a GS, meaning that it's just the alt (s)he OPK'd with gets the hammer.

RakkilGop

Rank 2
RakkilGop
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:07 pm
AgnosticM4 wrote:
MrProPoo wrote:
xtool wrote:
MrProPoo wrote:

Screenshot server aye  

apparently a few didnt  

*cough*oldstyle*cough*
They didn't realize until 4 months after the first hackusations were announced of Soos.

@Ghoster:
Not just that, but it's the fact that AGE is not as severe as they claimed they would be with hackers. I was just in a match with some friends, having fun 'n all, then we get OPK'd. Needless to say the OPKer was friends with the clan he was playing with, and they know they get to go off scot-free because AGE only bans the account in question, according to a GS, meaning that it's just the alt (s)he OPK'd with gets the hammer.  

There's your first problem

Believing what Aeria said

AgnosticM4

Rank 4
AgnosticM4
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:10 pm
RakkilGop wrote:

There's your first problem

Believing what Aeria said  

aye. all too true. Wish they were as severe as WarGaming. They don't have hacks, but botted accounts get completely wiped.

jpnmusic3

Rank 1
jpnmusic3
PostedApr 11, 2013 9:02 pm
My friend (ShoterQC) was accused of hacking (same here) because he had 12/1 in E-Boat (the players were all bad, really..). He even asked them if they wanted to watch the stream (he was streaming the whole time) and they still accused him of hacking........ seriously? At least go watch him and you'll realise that you're only making yourself look dumb. I even got accused of hacking because I oneshot HS someone (a First LT) with a Famas Mk.3.... what the heck are you saying! If you're that rank, you must know what's a legit player and a hacker no? Seriously, I miss the 2009-2010 era. >_<!

My PC: Intel i5-4570, Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3, ASUS B85M/E-CSM, WD BLUE 1TB, SAMSUNG EVO 840 120GB SSD, Tt TPD-0750M 750w PSU, GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB, NZXT PHAN-001WT, LOGITECH G510S, CORSAIR VENGEANCE M65, Corsair Vengeance 1500, 39" EMERSON 1080P TV.