seikokitsune

Rank 0
seikokitsune
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:04 pm
I`m as excited about the merge as the next person, and most of you are right on the money.
Quill is in desperate need of intervention. I`m not sure how I feel about being called a "quill'ian
" sounds like quarian and a quillfish had a baby. :c

Go home.
Advertisement

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:48 pm
yeah whoever came up with "Quillian" should be shot

on side note...bring on da merge!

iampeterparker1

Rank 0
iampeterparker1
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: Character deletion

Please make sure you read this throughly.
Hey. I'm coming into the discussion late, so I beg your pardon if this issue has already been raised. I would like some clarification on character deletion. Given the use of the word "and," the quote below should mean that a character must meet all three criteria to be deleted. In other words, and for example, if a character was level nine, hadn't logged in for 7 months, but had 2 gold on it, it would not be considered for deletion.

Is that the case? Or is the character deleted if it meets any of the criteria below? (In that case, the correct word used should have been "or," not "and.")

Sincerely,
Grammar Tyrant, trying to understand the merge

GMMokona wrote:
Notice: Inactive characters who meet the following criteria will be deleted to save disk space. If your character does not fit criteria 1, 2 and 3 - then no characters will be deleted:

1. Character level is less than level 10.
2. Character's in-game currency is less than 1 gold.
3. Last login time is more than 6 months ago.
4. Characters who meet the criteria 1 through 3, but are on the same account with characters that are level 40 and above will be exempt.

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Character deletion

Please make sure you read this throughly.
iampeterparker1 wrote:
Hey. I'm coming into the discussion late, so I beg your pardon if this issue has already been raised. I would like some clarification on character deletion. Given the use of the word "and," the quote below should mean that a character must meet all three criteria to be deleted. In other words, and for example, if a character was level nine, hadn't logged in for 7 months, but had 2 gold on it, it would not be considered for deletion.

Is that the case? Or is the character deleted if it meets any of the criteria below? (In that case, the correct word used should have been "or," not "and.")

Sincerely,
Grammar Tyrant, trying to understand the merge

GMMokona wrote:
Notice: Inactive characters who meet the following criteria will be deleted to save disk space. If your character does not fit criteria 1, 2 and 3 - then no characters will be deleted:

1. Character level is less than level 10.
2. Character's in-game currency is less than 1 gold.
3. Last login time is more than 6 months ago.
4. Characters who meet the criteria 1 through 3, but are on the same account with characters that are level 40 and above will be exempt.

Your characters have to fit all 3 of the criteria So if you haven't logged into a character for 9 months and have 20 gold on the account and its a level 9 , This character won't be deleted. It matches critera 1 and 3, but not 2.

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:14 pm
so can i take it then to mean that my lv16 bank alt is safe, along with my two lv1 nubs on siwa waiting to be more bank alts?

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:19 pm
miroshisama wrote:
so can i take it then to mean that my lv16 bank alt is safe, along with my two lv1 nubs on siwa waiting to be more bank alts?  

well yes

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:20 pm
miroshisama wrote:
If your character has more than 1 gold on the account yes. As well as if the character is above level 10 and has been logged in within the last 6 months, you should be safe

If you have a character that meets 1-3 of the criteria, but is on the same account as a characters that above level 40. They will not get deleted.

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:22 pm
lollypopfish wrote:
miroshisama wrote:
If your character has more than 1 gold on the account yes. As well as if the character is above level 10 and has been logged in within the last 6 months, you should be safe

If you have a character that meets 1-3 of the criteria, but is on the same account as a characters that above level 40. They will not get deleted.  

well mostly some of them will not get deleted anyway

miroshisama

Rank 2
miroshisama
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:24 pm
well the lv16 has a lil money...the other two were just named and logged out ._.

they're on the same account though...like the dude who brought it up was trying to point out...grammar makes a difference ._.

i guess to be safe, i'll just log in on them to meet the 6 month criteria thingy..

isay37

Rank 0
isay37
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:32 pm
miroshisama wrote:
well the lv16 has a lil money...the other two were just named and logged out ._.

they're on the same account though...like the dude who brought it up was trying to point out...grammar makes a difference ._.

i guess to be safe, i'll just log in on them to meet the 6 month criteria thingy..  

yeah... would be better :3