GMMokona

Game Master
GMMokona
PostedApr 11, 2013 1:10 pm   Last edited by GMMokona on May 07, 2013 6:01 am. Edited 5 times in total

[IMPORTANT] Server Merge Info and Q&A - Round Two

Please make sure you read this throughly.
The server merge between Ponchee and Quill will take place May 6th, 2013 at 4pm PDT. There is no ETA on how long the merge will take. This thread will be updated when we have more information.

This FAQ is currently incomplete, and we'll be updating it with more information as we go along.

FAQ for Server Merge

How many channels will there be?
4 channels for the server.

What will the server be called?
Undecided. We will put up a separate thread for voting, so please wait for that and do NOT post about it here.

Why merge Ponchee and Quill?
The only reason we did not merge Quill when we originally merge Bodor and Gaia was due to Quill's vast difference in character levels and economy. At the time, the server was still active and did not need to be merged in order to flourish, but this has now changed.

We created the Underground Gold Shop not only to try and bridge the gap between AP/non-AP spenders but also to stabilize the economies of both servers. This was a success on Ponchee, but not so much on Quill where prices continue to climb and player activity is low - thus our basis for merging the servers together.

Will you be making another new server?
No, at this time we have no plans to make another server.

Character Merge:
Since it's possible to use 6 character unlock keys to have up to 9 characters per server, the maximum number of characters on the new server will be 18. However, you won't be able to create any new characters until you have under 9 characters. In other words, unless you already have 9 or more characters in total, the max number of characters you can have on the server is 9.

If your account ends up having more than 18 characters, none will get deleted, but only the first 18 will show up. You will have to delete characters in order to see the extra ones.

Notice: Inactive characters who meet the following criteria will be deleted to save disk space. If your character does not fit criteria 1, 2 and 3 - then no characters will be deleted:

1. Character level is less than level 10.
2. Character's in-game currency is less than 1 gold.
3. Last login time is more than 6 months ago.
4. Characters who meet the criteria 1 through 3, but are on the same account with characters that are level 40 and above will be exempt.

The characters with the same name:
We cannot have two characters with the same name running around on the same server. So one will have to change their name. Priority to keep a name is expected to go in this order, although this procedure is subject to change:

1. The character’s level (higher leveled characters keeps the name). If both characters are the same level, see below.

2. Whether the character is a leader of a guild (guild leader keeps the name). If both characters are guild leaders, see below.

3. Whether the character is a guild officer (guild officer keeps the name). If both characters are the same level, see below.

4. The last log out time (most recent log out keeps the name).

Oh no! You lost your name. What happens?
Next time you try to log in with the character who lost their name you'll be prompted to change it. Your new name will show up on your guild, friend, rankings and all that as soon as you log in with a new name.

After a character name has been changed, some users may still see the original name (example: friends list, guild list, lovers' tab). It will be rectified after logging out and logging in again.

Guilds with the same name:
The guild created first gets to keep the name. The guild created last will have symbols in their name but can contact the GM team via RT to get their name changed at the next maintenance. The guild leader needs to send in a contact us with this info before [date will be inserted here when we know]:
1 On which server before (before server merge):___________
2 The old guild name (before server merge):______________
3 The new guild name:___________________
4 The guild president’s character name:_______________
Please also attach a screenshot to prove that the sender is the leader of the guild.

What about all my awesome stuff in archive?
The archives from each server are going to merge. If you have a repeated item it will be mailed to your character through the in-game mail. This mail will last up to 365 days before it will disappear. Items will be returned to you in the state they were in previously (bound will still be bound, unbound will still be unbound).

Monthly prestige points
We currently do not have a date set, but if the merge happens in the middle of a month, unfortunately the rankings will be reset when the servers come back up from the merge.

My mail!
All the letters in the mailbox will be reserved. We recommend taking anything you have in your mailbox out of it before the merge however.

My giant lists of people!
The entire friend list, your in-game lover, block list and the guild list will be retained.
Note: If there are characters who need to change their names on the list, these characters will have a code instead of a name until they next login after picking a new name.

What about the Auction House?
All the items will be returned to the seller's mailbox. Tax will NOT be refunded.

What about my Sprite Islands? I have one on Ponchee and Quill.
After the merge, players who owns sprite island on both servers will keep all the sprite altars, statues retained. The higher island LV & decorations will be saved. All sprite island names will be changed to serial numbers (a string of numbers), however all players will be granted the ability to rename their island for free. This can be done ONLY ONCE at the Sprite Island npc in Blue Bay.

World boss statues
The world boss statues of the week in the merged server will be cleared. (The guild statues will be retained.)

The Bulletin Board
All the things on the bulletin board will be cleared.

Guild assets
All the guild level, warehouse, cumulative achievements, members list, and other guild assets will be retained.

My Hot Keys Reset!
Sorry, it happens sometimes. Feel free to put them the way you like them again, or try something new.

This is all the information we have at this time. More will be added as we receive it.

Note: Feel free to express your opinion but do it in an appropriate manner that follows our TOS otherwise your remarks will be removed. All extra threads made about the subject will also be removed as there is only need for one thread about the merge.

Advertisement

FaeryBryn

Rank 2
FaeryBryn
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:53 pm   Last edited by FaeryBryn on Apr 11, 2013 5:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total
o.O No need to stress peoples. It's actually a really good thing. I'm so excited!!!

Gaffdog

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Gaffdog
PostedApr 11, 2013 4:59 pm
WOO lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Burnanating

Rank 4
Burnanating
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:09 pm
And with this, the game is one step closer to being closed. Ahhh one servers. It feels like just yesterday when KS had it's one and only server being shut down.

Then again, I might just be expecting the worst case scenario

silverpelt13

Rank 2
silverpelt13
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:11 pm
Thanks for letting us know~

It's a Strange Land here.........

GMMokona

Game Master
GMMokona
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:13 pm
Burnanating wrote:
And with this, the game is one step closer to being closed. Ahhh one servers. It feels like just yesterday when KS had it's one and only server being shut down.

Then again, I might just be expecting the worst case scenario  

Has nothing to do with the game dying. Ponchee has seen substantial growth within the last few months, especially with the stabilization of the economy - which as stated above, is why Quill's lack of players and high-priced economy and lack of resources sticks out like a sore thumb.

SnowVerse

Rank 0
SnowVerse
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:13 pm
I'm sorry, I lol'd. But alas, thanks for letting us know. Good luck when it happens and hopefully it'll do the game good.

jerrywijaya

Rank 1
jerrywijaya
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:41 pm
Wow, didn't see this coming, but hey, it's gonna be fun!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Hawk_21

Rank 0
Hawk_21
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:44 pm
May? Like less than a month from now? Such a huge news, thanks for the alarm ._.

LovelyChristina

Rank 0
LovelyChristina
PostedApr 11, 2013 5:46 pm

I just checked

On ponchee that my character's name Peaches is taken Q.Q and I would like to keep it i'm lvl 40 necromancer of quill and I plan to stay at 40 in pvp .-., So what if the other Peaches isn't active do I still keeps my name?