laysthepipe

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Look I'm going to be completely honest

I think the idea was great, running around as half naked women, whipping/healing/shooting each other.

However, I think it could have been carried out better.

1.) Better overall graphics.

2.) Better gameplay (I didn't get to play it much because of #4)

3.) Click to move and wasd moving is a pain in the ***, needs the type of moving where you hold down both mouse buttons, period.

4.) PvP starts at level 15+? Serious? Needs to be able to jump right into pvp, I do not even do the mmos pve sides anymore as they are all the same with a different title pretty much.

5.) Target nearest enemy.

If we had #4 and #3 I could probably spend time playing this game, however, without those I cannot really get into it, I'm just not into the pve grind and want to jump right into the pvp action.
Advertisement

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:10 pm   Last edited by MrMandC on Apr 10, 2013 7:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
You can get to lvl 15 in like.....two hours? At least one afternoon if you take breaks to eat pizza.

As for controls, if clicking to move is too hard, then no one can help you.

If you didn't even get to level 15 before judging this game, then I don't see how any of your points could be considered as serious.

narutotazxx

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
narutotazxx
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:12 pm
you can always use the auto run i think Its R hit that and you wont have to clik just Hit R again to stop

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:15 pm
1) The Graphics aren't bad really. The "shine" of the characters is probably artistic. The only graphic complaint I'd really call legit is Hair - Alot of people feel the hair is like Play-Doh.

2) Gameplay for anyone who actually plays it is rather fun.

3) Game has a) Auto Run (double tap R), Auto Route (Tap on tooltips inside your quests), click and point mouse moving, wasd moving. It's not limited to WASD.

4) I don't know a single MMO that starts pvp at level 1. Even though Shaiya technically allows it, Anything less than level 15 is an instant 1 hit death. Also, the grind to 15 literally only takes an hour. And how are you going to pvp in crap gear? Gear in every MMO comes from Questing and farming.

5) You do target closest enemy with Tab.

laysthepipe

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:18 pm   Last edited by laysthepipe on Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total
MrMandC wrote:
You can get to lvl 15 in like.....two hours? At least one afternoon if you take breaks to eat pizza.

As for controls, if clicking to move is too hard, then no one can help you.

If you didn't even get to level 15 before judging this game, then I don't see how any of your points could be considered as serious.  

Clicking to move hard?

No, moving is not hard it is just outdated feeling, it is an inconvenience for me to control my character in such ways.

I don't care how long it takes to do level 15 it's not something that anyone really wants to do today after they've played their first few mmos, it is more of a chore, a job.

The pvp isn't that way though, only the pve model most mmos seem to follow.

Rekikyo wrote:
1) The Graphics aren't bad really. The "shine" of the characters is probably artistic. The only graphic complaint I'd really call legit is Hair - Alot of people feel the hair is like Play-Doh.

2) Gameplay for anyone who actually plays it is rather fun.

3) Game has a) Auto Run (double tap R), Auto Route (Tap on tooltips inside your quests), click and point mouse moving, wasd moving. It's not limited to WASD.

4) I don't know a single MMO that starts pvp at level 1. Even though Shaiya technically allows it, Anything less than level 15 is an instant 1 hit death. Also, the grind to 15 literally only takes an hour. And how are you going to pvp in crap gear? Gear in every MMO comes from Questing and farming.

5) You do target closest enemy with Tab.  

Guildwars 1 and guildwars 2 (even though gw2 isn't a very good game at all)

in guildwars 1 you could roll a pvp character and jump right into pvp max level and all.

Autorun sounds a bit awkward. click to move is just not the best option. Autorun just doesn't sound like you keep full control of character during pvp either.

Gear based mmos are a big turn off so is cleaning up the pig poo in peoples farms to grind the armor.

Yea I noticed tab but that I am used to being there for target switching, however yea that does work fine as closest + switch.

The graphics didn't really bother me that much, I could play these graphics fine, it's just more about the other points I brought up.

morterlust

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:20 pm
You want #3 in a game that doesn't even have a binding for middle mouse button? Rofl! The idea is (not was) great and it captures an ever growing demographic, and yes the engine is ... I am tempted to say obsolete, but the game play is still acceptable. I strongly agree with you on #5 but the issue has been brought up and the answer was theft gamble boxes. How do the two go together? They don't, AGE is greedy and their form of fixing problems ignoring them and showing us rip off stuff.

But I digress. The game was an experiment by LivePlex. They wanted to build off of an idea and suggestions they got towards Dragona Online and it turned out to be a huge hit, however very controversial hit; the world wasn't ready for it just yet, but more and more people are jumping into it. Had LivePlex know what they do now, this baby would probably be packing an Unreal engine.

If you want to strive in this game, it's very simple. Avoid theft gamble boxes and spend your money upgrading equipment. You will still be a nub but you'll have 9 lives and will be able to stand up to most people in pvp. Have fun ganking, have fun raiding and spoiling other people's raids. Get an active guild and have at it. Oh and by the way, it does get a bit more interesting after level 30. Not particularly dungeons but atmosphere overall.

AlchemistMeg

Rank 0
AlchemistMeg
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:21 pm   Last edited by AlchemistMeg on Apr 10, 2013 7:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total
umm, it sounds like you are looking for an fps game, like planetside 2, not a traditional mmo.

laysthepipe

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:22 pm
#3 has nothing to do with the middle mouse button.

When you hold down the right and left click on your mouse the character moves forwards.

This is how you run in gw1/gw2 and some other mmos I think rift as well.

laysthepipe

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:23 pm
AlchemistMeg wrote:
umm, it sounds like you are looking for an fps game, like planetside 2, not a traditional mmo.  

Fps are boring.

I want an mmo, just not the grind, I want the pvp side of the mmo without all the grind they put you through.

This means you are playing the game for fun instead of doing the chores the devs make for you to do.

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Re: Look I'm going to be completely honest

laysthepipe wrote:
I think the idea was great, running around as half naked women, whipping/healing/shooting each other.

However, I think it could have been carried out better.

1.) Better overall graphics.  

MMOs where the graphics are too good rarely succeed. The reason is that they need to run on as many systems as possible, so that people can get their friends to play without having to upgrade hardware. That's one of the things that WoW got that all the games which were supposed to kill WoW failed at -- they couldn't run on 5-year-old PCs.

The problem with excluding too many potential players is that the ones excluded will pull their friends away to games that they can both play.

A successful MMO uses good artwork to compensate for somewhat inferior graphics

2.) Better gameplay (I didn't get to play it much because of #4)  
That's pretty vague; what about it don't you like?

I have my complaints, but overall the game seems pretty good. I'm just hoping that they keep working to improve.

3.) Click to move and wasd moving is a pain in the ***, needs the type of moving where you hold down both mouse buttons, period.  
I can agree with that.

4.) PvP starts at level 15+? Serious? Needs to be able to jump right into pvp, I do not even do the mmos pve sides anymore as they are all the same with a different title pretty much.  
It takes like an hour to get to level 15 Rolling Eyes Two if you read all the quest text, and pause occasionally.

5.) Target nearest enemy.  
Very much agree.

If we had #4 and #3 I could probably spend time playing this game, however, without those I cannot really get into it, I'm just not into the pve grind and want to jump right into the pvp action.  
As has been said before, 1-15 is freaking fast, and not grindy at all. It'a around 2 hours which is a reasonable amount of time before letting people into PvP.