yoruneko101

Rank 0
yoruneko101
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Game lore?

Do people pay attention to the lore/story of the game they play? Not saying that I'm into RP, but I like reading the background story. The more I play RG, the more I'm hating it .. not because of the PvP imbalance, but Mother is an a**hole! Evil or Very Mad
Advertisement

leikyr

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
leikyr
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:18 pm
i don't pay any attention to it, but from what i have seen people say, Free Knights and RG have basically the same quest stories.

dssmith99

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:27 pm
The backstory and such on the website makes it clear the two factions are different. They even should be in different locations. However, in game the two factions are exactly the same, same place same quests. Just replace the faction names in the quest text.

And yes there are people who read quest text. Personally, I actually find the main story quests rather interesting.

ravengp423

Rank 0
ravengp423
PostedApr 10, 2013 5:43 pm
I do pay attention to the game lore, in fact I've spent some time writing notes and speculating the setting of the in-game universe while running parallel universe comparison related to other games and media work. In many cases, the current in-game story lacks of rich and convincing content in realism - though it IS just a sci-fi themed MMO that mostly focus on *** appeal aside from the arguably well-design gameplay.

Also, I am writing my script for the unofficial SB fan-artwork, it will take a while, depends on how much I can balance between realistic story-telling and the genuine in-game content.

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Game lore?

yoruneko101 wrote:
Do people pay attention to the lore/story of the game they play? Not saying that I'm into RP, but I like reading the background story. The more I play RG, the more I'm hating it .. not because of the PvP imbalance, but Mother is an a**hole! Evil or Very Mad  
The Free Knights story is a carbon copy of the RG one (or visa versa). Either way, they are ruled by an AI that is a little bit loony/cruel.

I do read the quest stories though, that's part of what makes the game fun. There just aren't enough of them, and I kind of wish my Arkana could take different paths in some of them.

Hakkyou14

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:19 pm
honestly at times I sort hope that in the future the stories would divert so both factions had their own real stories and not copy pasting each other.

this however also would make it weird since we are already playing into this, changing it later on will make a mess of everything.

it made me quite annoyed later on when I had chosen to play as an Free Knights, I had some suspicion that the story seemed to be to close to RG lore rather than FG, it was only too late that I realized the 2 faction had the same quests and such.

still the story is still interesting and we shall see what happens in the release as we venture into more areas.