QPoke

Rank 1
QPoke
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:50 am

Dem Gold Spammers

Aeria needs to step up
Yeh sure we all know gold spammers, they're a pain in the butt, just block em right? well kinda annoying when block list is only 50 ppl already had to clean it out twice and now its just starting to get rediculous

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad98/Superion_The_Tainted/04_10_05_33_49_zps3a657f5f.jpg

9 gold spammers on at the same time? srsly?
Advertisement

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:57 am
This topic has been brought up time and again. I do understand the frustration here and fully agree with you. However, in reality, it's a lot harder than "just banning them".

Gold spammers, for the most part, are bots controlled by computers that are made to find ways to bypass security systems in games to only make more accounts to spam with. They can do this within a matter of moments and even with every precaution and banning that is done to prevent them, there will never be a resolute way to completely rid the game of them because they always will find a way around each precaution and make more accounts. That's just how bots work.

This fact is just because it is a F2P game and therefore expectantly comes with the territory unfortunately. Even if Aeria banned every one in the game, you'll just have just as many the next day.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

QPoke

Rank 1
QPoke
PostedApr 10, 2013 3:59 am
They should just impliment a feature like they have in GunZ where you cant spam the same text more then 2 times

FunSize.

Rank 3
FunSize.
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:01 am
QPoke wrote:
They should just impliment a feature like they have in GunZ where you cant spam the same text more then 2 times  

^

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:02 am
QPoke wrote:

I'd have to agree. The same was true in a different MMO I just came from, and even blocked you from chatting for 30 seconds each time you spammed more than 3 times consecutively.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

QPoke

Rank 1
QPoke
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:05 am
only way to bypass that is if you know how to actually Hack a game

like people have figured out to do for gunz, bots alone wouldnt cut it

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:06 am
QPoke wrote:

If this can't be added, I would also accept NPCs turning violent against any character with X Rivals for X period of time, where during that period of time, respawn timers were locked out at 10+ minutes.

QPoke

Rank 1
QPoke
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:11 am
even if they did spammers park their avis in the city

xClutz

Rank 1
xClutz
PostedApr 10, 2013 4:11 am
They should really extend/expand the amount of "slots" for the block list.

Jayy28

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 6:21 am
Cant they just ban the IP address of said computers that are making these accounts?