Author Message

johnyboy83

Rank 0
johnyboy83
Joined
02 Mar 2009
Posts
16
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

its the players

Alight RG on venus here

as Puffer said its alwas matched perfictly ( based on Registration not entry) so to make this easy i will use small numbers like are 29 TP numbers on venus atm

IF 6 RG reg and 18FK reg then the game will be set to 6 vs 6 now of the 6 RG say one is afk and misses entry it is still a 6 vs 6 match even though we only have 5 on RG now say when we get in there all 5 go for chests after we down any chests we are going to get as atm Free Knights are better geared than most RG at 29 we do not normally get 3 chests but for this say we get 2 and then we are done now one more person on RG goes afk at top and wont come down now its 4 on 6 all player issue's here player when afk after reg player gave up during match yes atm on venus we are out gunned but giving up is lame

also soon i think numbers will even out when all Free Knights are max lvl but only 60 of the 2000 get into BG mean while RG have slots OPEN ppl going to flip sides
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8462
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:38 pm
aeria.puffer wrote:
The number of players in Janus and Turnpike is always perfectly matched -- if, say, 65 of Faction 1 and 50 of Faction 2 get in, 15 people of Faction 1 will not make it into the battlefield and the battlefield will be 50v50.  


Puffer since you're in the thread, maybe I can suggest something.

Is there any chance that we could have some event created for those who can't get into the regulated pvp? I know it'd be complicated to achieve because the regulated pvp adjusts the the smaller faction's turnout, but perhaps we could have some sort of fun 10 minute instance for those who don't get in, where maybe a boss like a Narak or something could be fought for goodies?

The people who get in, have a tendency to ALWAYS be the ones who get in, because they're the most responsive repliers. Players who don't get in...... don't get in alot. And I have a feeling if they can't get in in the long run, it'll hurt their willingness to play.

@inktomi19d:

What puffer is saying is that is how the mechanic works. After the game starts, people DC, admit defeat, or leave after looting boxes, which creates differences. But that is mostly a player problem, not a mechanic problem.

johnyboy83

Rank 0
johnyboy83
Joined
02 Mar 2009
Posts
16
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:41 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
aeria.puffer wrote:
The number of players in Janus and Turnpike is always perfectly matched -- if, say, 65 of Faction 1 and 50 of Faction 2 get in, 15 people of Faction 1 will not make it into the battlefield and the battlefield will be 50v50.  


Puffer since you're in the thread, maybe I can suggest something.

Is there any chance that we could have some event created for those who can't get into the regulated pvp? I know it'd be complicated to achieve because the regulated pvp adjusts the the smaller faction's turnout, but perhaps we could have some sort of fun 10 minute instance for those who don't get in, where maybe a boss like a Narak or something could be fought for goodies?

The people who get in, have a tendency to ALWAYS be the ones who get in, because they're the most responsive repliers. Players who don't get in...... don't get in alot. And I have a feeling if they can't get in in the long run, it'll hurt their willingness to play.

@inktomi19d:

What puffer is saying is that is how the mechanic works. After the game starts, people DC, admit defeat, or leave after looting boxes, which creates differences. But that is mostly a player problem, not a mechanic problem.  


BAD NO absolutely not this is going to be what evens out the game ppl not getting into pvp on the over populated side

aeria.puffer

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.puffer
Joined
09 Apr 2012
Posts
338
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:46 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
aeria.puffer wrote:
The number of players in Janus and Turnpike is always perfectly matched -- if, say, 65 of Faction 1 and 50 of Faction 2 get in, 15 people of Faction 1 will not make it into the battlefield and the battlefield will be 50v50.  


Puffer since you're in the thread, maybe I can suggest something.

Is there any chance that we could have some event created for those who can't get into the regulated pvp? I know it'd be complicated to achieve because the regulated pvp adjusts the the smaller faction's turnout, but perhaps we could have some sort of fun 10 minute instance for those who don't get in, where maybe a boss like a Narak or something could be fought for goodies?

The people who get in, have a tendency to ALWAYS be the ones who get in, because they're the most responsive repliers. Players who don't get in...... don't get in alot. And I have a feeling if they can't get in in the long run, it'll hurt their willingness to play.

@inktomi19d:

What puffer is saying is that is how the mechanic works. After the game starts, people DC, admit defeat, or leave after looting boxes, which creates differences. But that is mostly a player problem, not a mechanic problem.  


That's a good suggestion! I'll pass it on and see what our devs think.

<a> </a>

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
Joined
24 Mar 2013
Posts
185
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:48 pm
Rekikyo wrote:


@inktomi19d:

What puffer is saying is that is how the mechanic works. After the game starts, people DC, admit defeat, or leave after looting boxes, which creates differences. But that is mostly a player problem, not a mechanic problem.  
Except that the match starts unbalanced.

I think maybe he means 'start' as when the instance starts and the offers go out, but the way most players interpret it is after everyone logs in and the countdown starts -- I've never seen a match that was balanced as I zoned in. I've seen some where there is a difference of +/- 1, but it seems to be a sure thing that someone will refuse their invitation.

Maybe it's just the numbers on the score sheet that are off, but on the score sheet the teams are almost never even to start.




I know that something is making RG players not take their queues, and that is a player problem in a way. But it's also a problem with the game, since something about the game causes that consistent pattern of behavior (and from what I can tell it's on more than just one server). You can't point at a couple thousand people and say "You're all wrong, but this other group of thousands is right." The scale is large enough that there should be random people on both sides not taking their queues, but they ought to balance each other out. But for some reason they are not.

You can't just expect the players to change their behavior if whatever caused that behavior stays the same.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8462
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:54 pm
johnyboy83 wrote:


BAD NO absolutely not this is going to be what evens out the game ppl not getting into pvp on the over populated side  


johny, people who level toons on one faction typically do not leave that faction. People chose Free Knights for a reason; friends, cause ideals, or appearances. Negative reinforcement typically doesn't create a good result, which is what you are suggesting; punishing laggards for being late Queuers, as a way to get them to change factions.

More likely than not, the result of leaving things as they are is a smaller game population, not a shift in faction concentration.

Now; what you say isn't completely without merit. If players had a choice to switch factions for some sort of fee (DKO it costs you 50,000 G and all your pvp rank), then yes, I'd say you have a valid argument, because then switching is as simple as paying the piper.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8462
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:07 pm
inktomi19d wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:


@inktomi19d:

What puffer is saying is that is how the mechanic works. After the game starts, people DC, admit defeat, or leave after looting boxes, which creates differences. But that is mostly a player problem, not a mechanic problem.  
Except that the match starts unbalanced.

I think maybe he means 'start' as when the instance starts and the offers go out, but the way most players interpret it is after everyone logs in and the countdown starts -- I've never seen a match that was balanced as I zoned in. I've seen some where there is a difference of +/- 1, but it seems to be a sure thing that someone will refuse their invitation.

Maybe it's just the numbers on the score sheet that are off, but on the score sheet the teams are almost never even to start.




I know that something is making RG players not take their queues, and that is a player problem in a way. But it's also a problem with the game, since something about the game causes that consistent pattern of behavior (and from what I can tell it's on more than just one server). You can't point at a couple thousand people and say "You're all wrong, but this other group of thousands is right." The scale is large enough that there should be random people on both sides not taking their queues, but they ought to balance each other out. But for some reason they are not.

You can't just expect the players to change their behavior if whatever caused that behavior stays the same.  


The match starts unbalanced when the instance selects even numbers, prompts them with that gray box whether or not they want to enter, and the box either times out, or they reject it. My guess is there are RG Caergate pvpers who are too busy to respond to the gray box accepting them into the instance pvp, who repeatedly queue. RG 29's seem to favor Caergate alot more than Free Knights's do, while Free Knights's favor the instances (I know this isnt true for everyone, but it seems to be reliable for most).

And this CAN cause repeated failures. I sign up for pvp for instance, at least 8 hours a day, sequential. If, I had a tendency to miss the box (I've missed it a few times), I could theoretically screw up the Queue 8 times in a row. When I miss it, it's usually something as simple as, "I went and got something to drink." Or, "I was on forums arguing some pointless debate, and thought I had enough time."

My suggestion is, if you feel there's some game bug causing it too, document it. Attend 20-30 pvp events in a row, and fraps them all on entry. If you can compile enough evidence, send a ticket showing Aeria something is wrong with the Queue. I don't think words are enough, because there are plenty of players on forums who have their own agenda, and will say anything to try to coerce an advantage (for example, claiming almost all Stardust drops are NT, which can be proven very wrong). But documented proof won't exaggerate. It'll tell the truth every time.

rinxen2

Rank 0
rinxen2
Joined
03 Jan 2013
Posts
33
Location
Canada
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:08 pm
No problems so far on Andromeda server, everything seems pretty fair.

johnyboy83

Rank 0
johnyboy83
Joined
02 Mar 2009
Posts
16
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:17 pm   Last edited by johnyboy83 on Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Rekikyo wrote:
johnyboy83 wrote:


BAD NO absolutely not this is going to be what evens out the game ppl not getting into pvp on the over populated side  


johny, people who level toons on one faction typically do not leave that faction. People chose Free Knights for a reason; friends, cause ideals, or appearances. Negative reinforcement typically doesn't create a good result, which is what you are suggesting; punishing laggards for being late Queuers, as a way to get them to change factions.

More likely than not, the result of leaving things as they are is a smaller game population, not a shift in faction concentration.

Now; what you say isn't completely without merit. If players had a choice to switch factions for some sort of fee (DKO it costs you 50,000 G and all your pvp rank), then yes, I'd say you have a valid argument, because then switching is as simple as paying the piper.  


But your saying we should give MORE LOOT to the faction that already has the numbers to do titan on cool down because they didn't get into pvp just Because there are more of them i am trying to note that this game is going to have a lot of contested Raids and the faction with more ppl are going to dominate contested raids i have played games with contested pvp and its rather painful being underdog ( bellato anyone)

Also you have the same chance anyone else on server has to get into the pvp match no one is special and is geting 100% chance to get into it now you want to reward the group with a free raid ( uncontested also since all the other faction are in PVP ) on venus atm Free Knights at 29 vastly out gear us RG thats great they are working on there gear but giving them more gear for the ones not going to TP Janus does not sound all that great to me at all since for the most part the faction that has the Numbers will raid a lot more = more loot on there side now give them even more loot added to the fact that the other faction is having a hard time with any contested mob your only making again 1 faction the faction with more ppl more powerful and reinforcing the problem

and what happens when the raid is full and pvp is full ?? give them more stuff to do more raid more loot more stuff no no no bad idea bad pvp will even out in time when more RG Free Knights hit max lvl there will be less ppl spread out across all the lvls and a full TP ever 2 hrs that 80 vs 80 full raid so i do not think it is a good idea to try basing the current end game a few of us hit the 29 cap a lot of ppl still working on it

GhartDunham

Rank 0
GhartDunham
Joined
07 Nov 2011
Posts
42
Location
United Kingdom
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:24 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
And that is why this thread needs locked. Obstinance and accusal of prejudice know no bounds.  


This kind of attitude leads to encouragement of censorship and freedom of expression.
Favors passivity of the game maker about the subject mentioned in the initial topic
Nobody disrespected anyone. Nobody is having an inappropriate behavior.

Talking about this issue It is clearly against the will of those who are benefitting from the situation.

Block this thread would be against freedom of expression.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: