onebit.ms

Rank 0
onebit.ms
PostedApr 20, 2013 3:31 pm
Pretty lame to complain about PvP. There is nothing useful to gain from PvP at this point beside the ultimate for your chosen class past that is pointless to even Janus/Turnpike.

Server: Valkyrie - Faction: Free Knights - Guild: Behemoth - Name: Meloetta
Advertisement

mlongleaf

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 11:23 am
Here's my story:
I played Free Knights during CB and rerolled RG because of the imbalance after wipe.
When I played PS2 I intentionally chose the faction and server with the lowest population share...because I liked being the underdog. That game let you see the current server pops, and I was able to go directly to the underdog and have fun. In this game I would have done the same, but instead I read the descriptions....saw that Royal Guards consider the Arkana to be property and not free creatures, and made a whimsical decision to choose the side in red instead.

After weeks now of winning and losing bg's and caergate my pvp fun has come to a sudden, grinding halt. My typical turnpike experience is as follows:

1.) run with zerg and attempt to open all boxes.
2.) wait 2 minutes after breaking all boxes to check lvl imbalance. usually about 120-150
3.) do dishes or practice guitar while deserter debuff wears off because of spawncamped instagibs.

I love nothing more than to lose a good fight.....I fight just as hard when I'm down 103 to 187pts, but this isn't that.

Combine this with the way upgrades get exponentially more powerful each rank, instead of having diminishing returns like the progress in most games and there's very little incentive in this game for someone to work hard once they get behind-both personally and as a faction.
Too bad....because I love being the underdog normally...it's the only way to feel any accomplishment when you come out ahead sometimes. I really think a lot of people would choose RG if they knew of the server imbalances ahead of time...but once you choose a character and level it to 10, most people don't want to reroll because at that time.....10 is an investment.

zennii

Rank 0
zennii
PostedApr 21, 2013 1:09 pm
I think I've said this before (maybe in a different post), but this problem can be resolved if we make restrictions regarding faction-select. If the population imbalance is beyond a 5-10% threshold, new players would only be able to join the faction with less people.

izzatrix

Rank 0
PostedApr 21, 2013 4:58 pm

population imbalance

I chose Free Knights because of the description. Silly me I thought that the factions would play differently. I thought the battle grounds are supposed to limit the numbers on both sides to be equal, though.

I'm still trying to figure out what tactics will work in the big battles with a Shadow Walker. I try to lurk around the edges and ambush a weakened enemy which gets me 1 or 2 kills but in exchange I get killed a lot. Any tips?

namingwayz

Rank 0
PostedMay 18, 2013 8:51 pm

The Unbalance Starting To Take a Reverse Effect

Yes, sometime RG outnumber Free Knights.
I blame the system and not the player! Flaw system on Scarlet Blade!

meowycats

Rank 0
PostedJun 12, 2013 6:13 am

Suggestion.

If the both factions remain unbalanced for a considerable amount of time, can the game developers supply incentives, such as rare items and/or armory, to the faction with less population?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

pinkerbelle1

Rank 0
pinkerbelle1
PostedJun 12, 2013 9:07 am

Re: Suggestion.

meowycats wrote:
If the both factions remain unbalanced for a considerable amount of time, can the game developers supply incentives, such as rare items and/or armory, to the faction with less population?  

nooooo don't do that..

people on this server will intentionally flood one side with population in order to gain incentives on the other..

Scrunchie89

Rank 3
Scrunchie89
PostedJun 12, 2013 9:12 am
Them fairweather faction persons o.o

Joradx

Rank 0
Joradx
PostedJun 12, 2013 9:59 am
Honestly, just add a buff to the CG/Vile warzones that analyzes the RG/Free Knights player % and adds a buff of hp/def/dmg/crit % based on how badly you are outnumbered. Its something that's better then nothing.

Scrunchie89

Rank 3
Scrunchie89
PostedJun 12, 2013 10:59 am
We have warcamp buff already.