Berglmir

Rank 0
Berglmir
PostedApr 08, 2013 1:53 pm
Unbalanced populations is nothing Aeria could possibly manage. Well ... except for limiting character creation even further.
So i dont think that there will be much changes according to that problem.

Rekikyo wrote:
The reason pvp in instances is unbalanced has nothing to do with imbalance of population. When RG players Queue for pvp, and get the notice to attend Turnpike or Janus and push okay, some are rejecting the Queue. That's what leads to 6 v 12.

Typically, pvp starts even though, at numbers like 24 s 24. But when one faction starts winning, one or two players from the losing team either go afk, or admit defeat, which makes the pvp 22 vs 24. Sometimes it's even worse.

In other words, the pvp aspect is 95% player error.

Now, the factions themselves ARE imbalanced. Free Knights seem to be about 60%-70% of the population, which means about half of the people who sign up for pvp, do not get pvp.

Solution for that would be capping each faction at a % of the population. But they'd have to temporarily set the Free Knights population now to represent "50%," and Free Knights population to = 30% ( in other words Free Knights could not recruit, but RG could, until the 20% gap difference is covered, and then both factions could recruit.

Simply false. Caergate proves it  

There is NOTHING false with the statement ... Caergate is OPEN PVP after all. Its like a third map to play on, so to say, with the only difference that both factions can enter.
Advertisement

GhartDunham

Rank 0
GhartDunham
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:05 pm
Berglmir wrote:
Unbalanced populations is nothing Aeria could possibly manage. Well ... except for limiting character creation even further.
So i dont think that there will be much changes according to that problem.
t  

Wrong again. Aeria can and should do much to balance pvp.

BTW, I played several days in a row and saw with my own eyes: Janus & Turnpike FKs always have more than RGs.

Only a player of FKs can claim otherwise. After all winning must always be good.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:19 pm
And that is why this thread needs locked. Obstinance and accusal of prejudice know no bounds.

Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:24 pm
well on the venus server atleast thier is more Free Knights than RG but you guys have been beating us alot in turnpike and janus so im really goona say its about who you are entering the battle with. sometimes ull enter it with bad pvpers. sometimes good ones. it all depends. you may be outnumbered but yet. you can win if you actually try

rexatfcc

Rank 1
rexatfcc
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:25 pm
if only 65 rg's register for turnpike it will only allow 65 Free Knights's join, so you cant blame population size causes one side to win over the other....its all about skill, gear, and cpu/internet connection

aeria.puffer

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.puffer
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:27 pm
The number of players in Janus and Turnpike is always perfectly matched -- if, say, 65 of Faction 1 and 50 of Faction 2 get in, 15 people of Faction 1 will not make it into the battlefield and the battlefield will be 50v50.

<a> </a>

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:31 pm
aeria.puffer wrote:
The number of players in Janus and Turnpike is always perfectly matched -- if, say, 65 of Faction 1 and 50 of Faction 2 get in, 15 people of Faction 1 will not make it into the battlefield and the battlefield will be 50v50.  

Yes, perfectly matched. That's why I've been seeing a lot of BGs where RG outnumber Free Knights by atleast 6 recently. Worst I've seen so far is 33vs22... :/

aeria.puffer

Aeria: Product Manager
aeria.puffer
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:34 pm
crimsonlily46 wrote:
aeria.puffer wrote:

Yes, perfectly matched. That's why I've been seeing a lot of BGs where RG outnumber Free Knights by atleast 6 recently. Worst I've seen so far is 33vs22... :/  

If more players on one faction choose to sign up for but not accept battle invitations, or if some people choose to leave the battlefield during the battle, then there may be a different number of players on faction than another. But the number of players accepted into the battlefield will always be perfectly even.

<a> </a>

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:34 pm
aeria.puffer wrote:
That might be the intent, but it's not how it happens in game.

That may be the case for the offers, but not everyone accepts the offers, so RG are usually short by around 3-6 players by the time the match kicks off. I don't know why it is that RGs aren't taking their queues, but it happens consistently. Then when things turn against the RGs, a lot of people start AFKin, or leaving, enough so that most of the match RGs are down by around 10 players.

I really have no idea why Free Knights players take their queues but RG players don't.

The easiest fix I could think of would be to just not let people respawn if they die if their side outnumbers the opposition. Basically so that the side with the most players could only have a number of people alive equal to the total number for the smaller team (not the number the smaller team has alive). The larger team would still have an edge, and players on the larger team would still get to respawn fairly quickly, but it would at least be a little more balanced.

inktomi19d

Rank 0
inktomi19d
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:35 pm
aeria.puffer wrote:
crimsonlily46 wrote:
aeria.puffer wrote:

If more players on one faction choose to sign up for but not accept battle invitations, or if some people choose to leave the battlefield during the battle, then there may be a different number of players on faction than another. But the number of players accepted into the battlefield will always be perfectly even.  
But what is it that's making more RG players leave?

It's consistent, and it makes playing the faction rough.