MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedApr 08, 2013 8:56 pm
Yes SM's are op, but not for any of the reasons mentioned in this or the other thread. It's probly all discussed in some thread last winter..... bah, forget it.

Lag is still here, sadly.
Advertisement

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: The future of DK

johnduca wrote:
I played DK the first 2 weeks after the release of OB but i left because it was how it was..
I have some questions about how it is now:
1.The SM is still over-powered?
2.Paladin first 2 skills still looks the same?
3.The lag...nuff said..still there?( even if its Aeria, probably they solved it after 2-3 months)  

1. IMO, SM's are not OP if you compare them against warriors, they are puny in comparison. We can't compare attack power/damage over survivability. SM's survive longer due to powerful heals not due to powerful attacks. Their kills come from DOT so if other classes duke it out with them without support, they die. Warriors have highest attack damage and have fastest DPS and can 3-hit low HP SM's who aren't paying attention.

2. Pally's first 2 skills on the left tree differ in damage levels I think but only slightly. They are the only meaningful base attack skills that they have and weak compared to other classes, but with massive hp and defense they have better survivability than warriors with comparable armor and weapons. I guess, I could see the balance of the classes play according to the designer's intent. Each class have strengths and weaknesses and it's up to the players how they want to play and build their toons.

3. Lag will only get worse when new content arrives without lag fix because vacationing players may come back and try rvr again expecting improvements.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 08, 2013 11:08 pm
Does every Topic have to end in an endless rant? -.-

Conclusion: SM is OP (even though it is'nt, I play SM as well and it does have many weaknesses), quit your current class and play SM, if that is what people are trying to say...

I'd remind that in every game, one class has an aspect that the other class would like to have, causing a lot of whining and complaining. Classes cannot be completely balanced simply because of the fact that Melee and Ranged classes are different.
If some people believe they know how to balance every class without nerfing and also know hot to code, feel free to apply for a position at RPG Factory.

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedApr 09, 2013 12:56 am
filipvarga wrote:
Does every Topic have to end in an endless rant? -.-

Conclusion: SM is OP (even though it is'nt, I play SM as well and it does have many weaknesses), quit your current class and play SM, if that is what people are trying to say...

I'd remind that in every game, one class has an aspect that the other class would like to have, causing a lot of whining and complaining. Classes cannot be completely balanced simply because of the fact that Melee and Ranged classes are different.
If some people believe they know how to balance every class without nerfing and also know hot to code, feel free to apply for a position at RPG Factory.  

Flip bud, who's ranting and why is the topic ending unless u're the one killing it?
Also, sounds like u're pissed by suggesting that people grab the code and rework it, which you/we know we can't and would not do even we know we can.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 09, 2013 7:31 am
who's ranting flip?
<.<
>.>
^.^
V.V

-.-?

At any rate, this good sir, who ever it was, asked three simple yet deep questions to the community of dko, and soo... the community is replying, and as you can see, our community is of a split mind again on the OP issue, most definately, most agree on the lag issue... (which, when you think about how detailed the game is even in min spec mode, is understandable) and...

ok nvm, he only asked two deep yet simple questions.

Regardless, this discussion isn't an endless rant, its an ongoing debate. lets see what time you posted..., yeah, im going to go with either it was like 4:am or something before the crack of dawn and you were either a) hadn't gone to bed yet and irritated, or b) woke up early and hadn't had coffee yet....

Cuz I don't remember you ever usually being so cranky or rude.

At any rate, what was his name? Uh... Cant scroll down that far, but to the person asking, you watch your thread long enough you will get a large view from the dko players on the op debate and lag. However, wouldn't it be more fun to find out for yourself? Especially since there in the process of making a new class and more than likely raise lvl cap and all sorts of extras? C'mon, you know you want to ^_^ and then after playing and lvling your toon to cap and participating in rvr and CS, you can come one here and help another new player decide if they want to play and give them your 2 cents, on the whole op debate and such!

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedApr 09, 2013 10:52 am
If discussing the pros and cons of a class like someone asked us to do is an endless rant, then we better not talk about the game at all guys!

As for the lag issue, yes it's still here (they haven't fixed the issue of it using CPU instead of pulling power from your graphics directly), however the main "cover-all" fix is still being worked on and we will get it before long. Just gotta have patience.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedApr 09, 2013 11:25 am
It is an endless rant because the apparent issue that "SMs are too overpowered" is being repeated in every Topic they are mentioned and they look exactly the same, the same people posting their ideas even.

why is the topic ending unless u're the one killing it?  

Just trying to prevent another nonsense discussion about how "overpowered" Shadowmages are. If you feel like another rant Topic, go on, I wont stand in your way.

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedApr 09, 2013 12:10 pm
How about we talk about the fact that this game is totally broken. It's not fun, at all. I've played MMO's that are more in depth in gameplay than this. The party system goes like this, "hey let's get a party together and kill some stuff!" "Yeah that sounds good, let's just get a big mess of monsters and AOE to death!" All this game is, is just mass AOE spam.

I've played MMO's where it takes an actual balance of jobs AND skills when you level up. I know we all are complaining about the fps issues and the lack of new content is even making me wonder if this game is actually even going to make it or last that long as we can see other games in Aeria that have come out to open beta have working functions like I don't an item mall already and advertising.

Also I've stated this many of times, the pvp aspect of the game needs a total work over and the pk button is totally utterly useless. I'm sorry but there are no balance in classes and jobs, again my opinion. Paladin is not really a true tank because they have what one healing move and all they have going for them is just high defense? No healing spells at all and if you have played a lot of mmo's they do in fact have healing spells. Sorc to me is like a hybrid summoner/elemental mage and shadowmage is like a hybrid healer/warlock. Archer will do nothing for this game I'm sorry.

I'm posting because I had high hopes for this game, as a gamer in which I started out on atari 2600 up till now, this is one of the WORST games I have ever played and I wish everyone good luck who still and continues to play it.

-Norn-

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedApr 09, 2013 3:31 pm
KEEP in mind, DK Online got first birthday in Korea...

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedApr 09, 2013 3:52 pm
Nornkitty wrote:

I'm posting because I had high hopes for this game, as a gamer in which I started out on atari 2600 up till now, this is one of the WORST games I have ever played and I wish everyone good luck who still and continues to play it.  

I soo can one up you there my boy...

Hm... worst game I have EVER played... lessee...

Definately sucks...

if I hadn't spent so much time running around leveling up thinking i was going to have a super long, or at least medium length decent fighting game, i would have finished it in less than 30 mins, as it is i finished it within an hour and half of buying it...