Author Message

johnduca

Rank 0
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Posts
71
Location
Romania
PostedApr 08, 2013 11:18 am

The future of DK

...
I played DK the first 2 weeks after the release of OB but i left because it was how it was..
I have some questions about how it is now:
1.The SM is still over-powered?
2.Paladin first 2 skills still looks the same?
3.The lag...nuff said..still there?( even if its Aeria, probably they solved it after 2-3 months)
Advertisement

Mars.Ultor

Rank 0
Mars.Ultor
Joined
06 Apr 2010
Posts
117
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 12:07 pm
The answer to all three of your questions: No.

Although I personally do not believe that SM's are OP, but no they have not been nerfed.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2565
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedApr 08, 2013 12:21 pm
Shadow Mages are not Overpowered if you know how to play your Class properly.
Yes, their healing abilities are a big advantage if fighting 1v1, but in regular PvP such as RvR and Castle Siege, SMs go down as any other Class.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
Joined
23 Mar 2008
Posts
3609
Location
Carpe Noctem! United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 5:05 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Shadow Mages are not Overpowered if you know how to play your Class properly.
Yes, their healing abilities are a big advantage if fighting 1v1, but in regular PvP such as RvR and Castle Siege, SMs go down as any other Class.  


My main is an SM. When I go to RvR, I die a lot to players of other classes (in fact, they probably kill me more often than I kill them). SM is not OP, not even close. See: my perspective on "nerfing" classes.

betavich

Rank 0
betavich
Joined
24 Jan 2012
Posts
91
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 5:57 pm   Last edited by betavich on Apr 08, 2013 6:03 pm. Edited 2 times in total

shadow mages overpowered ?

now you listen to me im a shadow mage and everything in the game is a tank , except me . you are talking about a witch and not a wizard i can kill one mob at a time and they kill the room all at the same time very slowly. everything but me is overpowered has too much armor and im super weak but can kill unless i get hit i say give the wizard side shadow armor and take it away from the sparmers, nurf up my wizard and i will never cease to direct my anger at whatever caused my under armored wizard to become even weaker,your the tank ya got that ? your talking about the witch side of the tree. grrr blasts a mob into tiny bits and gets killed by the other ten while a lower level witch with junk armor survives the entire room.

alphazomgy

Rank 0
Joined
08 May 2012
Posts
83
Location
United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 5:58 pm
must be lvl 42 for ur opinion to count ty.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
Joined
04 Apr 2010
Posts
1756
Location
Deadpool's Basement United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:03 pm
alphazomgy wrote:
must be lvl 42 for ur opinion to count ty.  


Must be this tall to have opinions k

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Posts
4442
Location
Swag City United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:41 pm
Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion.Whatever level the player may be. He/she has the right to give an input.


Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
Joined
23 Mar 2008
Posts
3609
Location
Carpe Noctem! United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: shadow mages overpowered ?

betavich wrote:
now you listen to me im a shadow mage and everything in the game is a tank , except me . you are talking about a witch and not a wizard i can kill one mob at a time and they kill the room all at the same time very slowly. everything but me is overpowered has too much armor and im super weak but can kill unless i get hit i say give the wizard side shadow armor and take it away from the sparmers, nurf up my wizard and i will never cease to direct my anger at whatever caused my under armored wizard to become even weaker,your the tank ya got that ? your talking about the witch side of the tree. grrr blasts a mob into tiny bits and gets killed by the other ten while a lower level witch with junk armor survives the entire room.  


This is DKO, not LC. Razz

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
Joined
18 Sep 2012
Posts
249
Location
Amarillo, Texas United States
PostedApr 08, 2013 7:54 pm
beh, i loved my shadowmage, then for fun i started a sorcy and i love her more I have another lowbie sm for when i get bored or cap my sorcy... I should start leveling her up more. Though i do love the dual-side of the classes, dont know much about warrior and pallys but in the magic users themselves you can opt for pure priest(SM) pure DOT-mage (SM) Pure warlock (Sorcy) Pure blast-em up Mage (sorcy) or a a personalized Battle priest (SM) and hm... I guess the name would be... a personalized Sorcy (yes, epic fail on the style name) just out of two classes with the skill trees you get at least four diff spell types of toons. I'm sure it's the same with the warriors and pallys.

So in the sense of OP, thats just on how you set your own toon up... I'm sure I've run into other sorcys the same level as me that would be considered OP to my own sorcy because of how they chose to skill and stat them. In fact, I once took on the Beserker quest with another sorcy my level and she was definately stronger than me.

As for the lag issue... meh, some computers can handle it others cant, my advice use min spec mode, set your thing up to where the only names that you see are the mob names, there is an option dont remember where where you can turn off shop signs, you know when people open a personal shop and all the ads on the screen will lag you down, I also personally dismiss my mount and ele while in town. I've even tried running nakie while in town, that doesn't do much tho, other than get strange looks and catcalls lol.

and for... wait what was the other question? ...oh nvm, already answered that, dont know about the pally, now if you were refereing to how the spell looks when its being cast, thats an option you should also disable to help reduce lag, spell effects. trust me, helps ALOT. Unless of course youre trying to get a ss of your character casting a really cool fireball, like i do on occasion.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: