jonhnigth123

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Can't start the game

i press start
ok guys every time i press the start button nothing happens the game doesn't start and i try re-installing and the same thing happens noting. What should i do.
Advertisement

Baden8572

Rank 1
Baden8572
PostedApr 07, 2013 8:00 pm
Okay, I'm going to give this a try.
~Make sure your running it in administrative mode
~Is anti-virus or firewall preventing it from running properly
~Are you pressing start on Ignite? If so, try running the launcher only. Open up the Grand Fantasia file, and run Launcher.exe or something along the lines of that.
And if not, maybe provide a little more information so we can help better. Good luck! Very Happy

jonhnigth123

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 9:22 pm
Baden8572 wrote:
Okay, I'm going to give this a try.
~Make sure your running it in administrative mode
~Is anti-virus or firewall preventing it from running properly
~Are you pressing start on Ignite? If so, try running the launcher only. Open up the Grand Fantasia file, and run Launcher.exe or something along the lines of that.
And if not, maybe provide a little more information so we can help better. Good luck! Very Happy

i try all of those options and the only thing that happens is that the mouse is in a loading mode then stop and nothing happens thats all the information i got for now

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 07, 2013 9:41 pm
Looks like UAC is enabled.

Open your start menu and search for User Account Control. It's very possible that GF was blocked (accidentally). Just switch it to "never notify" and restart your computer. See if that helps!

jonhnigth123

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 9:44 pm
cmartly48 wrote:
Looks like UAC is enabled.

Open your start menu and search for User Account Control. It's very possible that GF was blocked (accidentally). Just switch it to "never notify" and restart your computer. See if that helps!  

i did that and still NOTHING happens

jonhnigth123

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:04 pm
Is there any thing else i should do

Baden8572

Rank 1
Baden8572
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:20 pm
jonhnigth123 wrote:

This is pretty useless. But maybe you can try it anyways?
~Is your internet occupied by another program?
~Is someone else streaming videos, etc.?
~Maybe you can try manual patching, if your launcher wasn't patched from the previous update. I really doubt this is the problem though.
~Maybe it's just your computer? Do you have another computer to see if it works or not?

i try all of those options and the only thing that happens is that the mouse is in a loading mode then stop and nothing happens thats all the information i got for now  

Okay. So are you saying that nothing is loading, and that the launcher just freezes, and it doesn't even go to the black screen/loading screen of the client? Also, no errors, messages, nothing? And did Grand Fantasia ever work for you?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:40 am
Baden8572 wrote:
jonhnigth123 wrote:

This is pretty useless. But maybe you can try it anyways?
~Is your internet occupied by another program?
~Is someone else streaming videos, etc.?
~Maybe you can try manual patching, if your launcher wasn't patched from the previous update. I really doubt this is the problem though.
~Maybe it's just your computer? Do you have another computer to see if it works or not?

Okay. So are you saying that nothing is loading, and that the launcher just freezes, and it doesn't even go to the black screen/loading screen of the client? Also, no errors, messages, nothing? And did Grand Fantasia ever work for you?  

If GF ever did work for you, you will probably have to do a system restore back to a point where GF did work for you.

If it didn't, please let us know ASAP.

jonhnigth123

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:31 pm
i used to play about a month ago and i started a few days ago again and now this happen. I restored my pc to a a different point with less files and still when i download the game and press start nothing still happens. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Baden8572

Rank 1
Baden8572
PostedApr 08, 2013 6:42 pm
jonhnigth123 wrote:
i used to play about a month ago and i started a few days ago again and now this happen. I restored my pc to a a different point with less files and still when i download the game and press start nothing still happens. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  

Hmm.. one month ago. That is pretty long time ago, but that point should still be there. And you restored it to a point with less files? You need to restore your computer when GF was working fine, so in this case, a month ago. If that still doesn't work, it never hurts to contact your ISP to see if they have put a random block on GF recently and they may be able to see if you have other problems on your network that may be preventing you from playing, which I really doubt but ehh..