skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedApr 07, 2013 1:43 pm   Last edited by skull12580 on Apr 23, 2013 11:08 pm. Edited 2 times in total

[Ended]Deadly Fashion Statement

Design a costume and win prizes!

Winners:
1st: Xenosnake
2nd: lovedark334
3rd: Dindeen

The Event:
Oops, it appears the Arkana ladies have lost their armor. It is your job as her commander to create her some fancy new outer-wear. The armor can be any type—plate mail, lingerie, cosplay—but it must be unique, creative, and somewhat make sense for the Arkana you are making it for. Any medium is fine.

Prizes:
1st place: 750 AP in items.
2nd place: 500 AP in items
3rd place: 200 AP in items

I will be handing out the AP items myself. If you are a winner, please be patient with the delivery.

Format:
Code:

Server:
Character Name:
Class:
Image (Must be only a link):

If you need help uploading a picture to the site, look here.

Ending Date:
The contest will run from today until 4/21/2013 9:00 PM PST.

Rules:
No cheating or plagiarizing. This includes using entries made by you to any other contest.
Only one entry per person.
If it is not Scarlet Blade sub-forum appropriate, it is not eligible.
Do not post the image! Link it.
You can only win once.
Prizes and rules are subject to change.
Have fun.

Judging:
I will do all the judging, but I may consult others if there is a tie. It will be judged based off creativity, uniqueness, and amount of sense it makes based on their profile. This is a contest about the armor, not the Arkana wearing it so focus on that (an Arkana is not even necessary in the picture).

Questions?
Post below and I'll do my best to answer.

Mod: Unstickied, contest has concluded. ^^

Advertisement

Ainui

Rank 0
PostedApr 07, 2013 8:52 pm
omg Very Happy the exact contest ive been waiting for xD cant wait to see all the entries!

UndeadHost

Rank 2
UndeadHost
PostedApr 07, 2013 10:18 pm
Me neither! I might even enter something myself! Skull didn't say that you had to be an artist, just that you had to draw something unique and creative!

Exactly what will the AP prizes be? Any unique pets? Any hard-to-get items? Will all of the AP items be something you can currently get in the Item Mall?

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedApr 07, 2013 10:50 pm
UndeadHost wrote:
Me neither! I might even enter something myself! Skull didn't say that you had to be an artist, just that you had to draw something unique and creative!

Exactly what will the AP prizes be? Any unique pets? Any hard-to-get items? Will all of the AP items be something you can currently get in the Item Mall?  

Artistic ability is not a measurement, no. I understand that not everyone can draw beautifully, so I made sure to put the requirement so everyone is on fair standing. I also try to be as fair as possible when judging.

Additionally I am hoping we get a lot of awesome entries, too.

The AP will be coming out of my account, so I will allow the winners to chose item(s) for the amount won and then give it to them. This is not an official event, and is player ran, so the Game Masters cannot really give out items or prizes.
(So yes, the items must be in the item mall when the contest winners are decided.)
On a side note, feel free to advertise to anyone who you think might be interested.

foxytemptation

Rank 0
foxytemptation
PostedApr 08, 2013 10:38 am
^^ looks fun

lovedark334

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 7:02 pm

here's my submission

Andromeda
lacrimosa

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/img039dl.jpg/

heres my entry...call it Chained Fox

GarudaVanus

Rank 0
GarudaVanus
PostedApr 10, 2013 9:45 pm   Last edited by GarudaVanus on Apr 21, 2013 3:25 pm. Edited 2 times in total
I'll try to do my best but may take a couple days

Edit: Having the darndest time getting something I want, redrew my base 5 times... for the contest I may have to clean up my base image then post it

Server: Venus
Character Name: Zareen
Class: Punisher
Image: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/GarudaVanus/BurnTemplate.jpg

Character design feels there but just couldn't get the rifle correct so I bumped it out. Went with a Sci-fi influenced lean towards steampunk. Would've looked better on wood... especially the optics.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedApr 10, 2013 9:52 pm
lovedark334 wrote:

It looks good. I'm glad to see our first entry.

GarudaVanus wrote:

The contest's deadline was specifically set to allow for ample time for most people to get an entry in. I look forward to yours.

Dreamer1987

Rank 0
Dreamer1987
PostedApr 10, 2013 10:45 pm
So... anything creative does sb ss included too??

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedApr 10, 2013 10:47 pm
Dreamer1987 wrote:
So... anything creative does sb ss included too??  

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your question. You can use a screenshot as a basis for the body of an Arkana if you wish, but you must do the design for the armor yourself.