Baden8572

Rank 2
Baden8572
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:21 pm
Eh.. going to give this one more final try. This is basically a repeat on what I posted on this thread but anyways, here I go..
~Clear cache and cookies.
~Complete a clean uninstall of Grand Fantasia. This is different from uninstalling it normally since fragments of Grand Fantasia might be still lurking around in your computer. You can give CCleaner a try.
Another thing you can try is to reset your modem and router. I really don't believe this is the issue though if Grand Fantasia runs smoothly until it disconnects. Defragging your hard drive might also help, but once again, probably not. Always worth a shot though. o/

Advertisement

Killvin666

Rank 2
Killvin666
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:26 am

> <

Appreciate your attempts but I'd rather not re-install it again.. <.> My top download speed is 170 kb/s... Calling my ISP I was asked to reset the modem, and I clear my cookies and stuff regularly o:
I think the best fix is to just accept it as a problem I have to deal with until I get a new comp.. x.x;

Baden8572

Rank 2
Baden8572
PostedApr 11, 2013 8:41 am
Alright then. Hope Grand Fantasia gets fixed for you soon! ^^

Llewelleyn

Rank 2
Llewelleyn
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:03 pm
Have you tried everything in here: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=825261 .. I was thinking if you change the default.ini, it may open more ports and help improve the connection(not sure been awhile since I had tech issues with GF) But there is also the stuff below that tutorial for server connection issues.. (not sure if they have been mentioned.. I just skimmed your post.) Hope this helps you out some Smile

**"Based on my personality, I can carry a show for 12 minutes. And that includes 2 commercial breaks."**

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:04 pm
Alright firewall was already checked. What sort of network are you on? I'm assuming a normal home set up with a direct or wireless connection to the internet. Maybe your router is blocking GF if there is a router involved. This may be looked into as well. Also do you have anything else running at the same time as GF any background virusscanners or anything sort of protection or cleaning software?

Killvin666

Rank 2
Killvin666
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Yep o:

(in reply to Llewelleyn)
It was already suggested I follow those steps by Cierra in the Shoutbox > <;
Still didn't help. :c

@Desu: Home network, ethernet connection (direct) o: and at the moment yes, but it happens regardless of if I have just GF running in one window and no other programs/applications, or if I have like, 50 youtube videos and GF running as well.. (Granted the latter would be much laggier.. xD) but ya, makes no difference. x.x

masterwinstonx

Rank 4
masterwinstonx
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:08 pm
Is it direct into the modem or direct into a router?

Also what sort of proccesses could u screencapture your proccesses for me. You can pm me a link to that screenshot if you want. Just need a list of proccesses from task manager.

Killvin666

Rank 2
Killvin666
PostedApr 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Processes~

(in reply to masterwinstonx)
Screenies~

http://oi48.tinypic.com/xogjll.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/29kvomt.jpg

(Answered in Shoutbox but for future purposes)

Direct into the modem/router,
Verizon Actiontec > w<

walmazi

Rank 5
walmazi
PostedApr 12, 2013 10:48 am

I'll try

I did have a problem very similar to this.

Context: Laptop, i3 processor, Win7. Operating system slows down to a halt and can sometimes overheat really bad.

I wondered what could be the problem!? Great PC with 4gb ram and i3 is well more than sufficient to run GF.

Solution: Open that laptop up and clean it using compressed air! If you have laptop servicing that maintains warranty phone them up instead. Grand Fantasia can get very processor intensive and this causes the poor thing to heat up like crazy if there is a blockage on the fan vent. I had a dust caterpillar in mine, perhaps yours does too?

Signs of a clogged computer only show up when running processor intensive applications, prior to cleaning I could also run several YouTube videos at once.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedApr 12, 2013 11:38 am

Re: Processes~

(in reply to masterwinstonx)
Killvin666 wrote:
Screenies~

http://oi48.tinypic.com/xogjll.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/29kvomt.jpg

(Answered in Shoutbox but for future purposes)

Direct into the modem/router,
Verizon Actiontec > w<  

Killvin, do you normally run skype when you play GF? That can surprisingly be the source of a lot of lag (as Skype sucks bandwith like nobody's business). Even when just running Skype literally takes your bandwith to keep their connections for other people more solid.