CoolBreezeSA

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 11:52 am

Scarlet Blade vs Queens Blade

Could we expect them to merge into the same game?
Hey, I'm new to forums so please don't hate!

OK so I've been following Queens blade for a while and was really excited for it to change over to an English game and be open on the global market..

But honestly, when I found out about all the censorship I thought to myself what is the point?

Ya its probably an awesome game and all, but if its blocking all the mature features, what is the point of even calling it a mature game?

I understand the predicament when it comes to America and their (cant remember what its called right now) that they are dramatically limited by what content they can have..

But what about us in South Africa, or any other country where that censorship doesn't reach (I sincerely hope) can we expect the mature content from Queens blade back? Hard I don't even mind if there are some bad translations or even if there are simply English subtitles..

Look, I'm not some perv (OK maybe a little) but I was just expecting the same game when I saw Queens Blade..

And if the problem is being unable to control who actually plays the game, then why not have the game with the censorship for the 17+ but then if your able to put in your ID (which will have your date of birth) which will unlock the full game with-out the censorship.. There are always ways!

In Conclusion
Can we expect the game to grow in the mature content aspect?

P.S. I am aware of the grammatical errors with the positioning of my conjunctions, but I really don't care, my point was getting across.
Advertisement

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 04, 2013 11:59 am
The only real censorship right now is the nethers region (which is also blocked on Queen's Blade, as I understand it) and the Sentinel has some additional censoring because of the model's appearance.

Nudity is unlockable in-game...profanity filter can be turned off...all of the NPCs are fairly foul-mouthed...

What other censorship did you find in comparison to Queen's Blade?

As the game company is based in the US and the servers are worldwide, they can't differentiate US vs everyone else without saying "anyone not in the US can only play on this server for full nudity".

CoolBreezeSA

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:24 pm
draakdorei wrote:
The only real censorship right now is the nethers region (which is also blocked on Queen's Blade, as I understand it) and the Sentinel has some additional censoring because of the model's appearance.

Nudity is unlockable in-game...profanity filter can be turned off...all of the NPCs are fairly foul-mouthed...

What other censorship did you find in comparison to Queen's Blade?

As the game company is based in the US and the servers are worldwide, they can't differentiate US vs everyone else without saying "anyone not in the US can only play on this server for full nudity".  

Honestly, I have not played the game yet, (I'm sorting out my internet still) so I do feel a bit like a hypocrite, and if its just the sentinel that's censored I'm almost glad, the model is too much like a kid, kinda creeps me out..

I heard in a few places that they were taking out some of the mini-game/reward elements regarding artwork, and that was what got to me the most, I guess I'll find out, but is that true?

All in all I really am excited to try the game out, I expect it to be awesome, regardless of any censorship.. (there are always mods out there for the perverse)

Thanks for the reply

Short_Amigo

Rank 4
Short_Amigo
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:25 pm
I don't think we can expect the content to be more mature then it already is. Sentinel censorship isn't happening. Aeria put their stance on that and won't budge. The nethers region probably going to stay that way as well.

What about other countries that don't have the same censorship ideals? Well can't do much about it. I highly doubt there will be another English version coming out without the censorship.

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:36 pm
There is always the fanart section if people really need their fix on the uncensored imagery...a lot of people are as good as if not better than some game artists (and some get hired on later as game artists so it keeps the whole industry going).

Elepole

Rank 0
Elepole
PostedApr 04, 2013 1:57 pm
draakdorei wrote:
There is always the fanart section if people really need their fix on the uncensored imagery...a lot of people are as good as if not better than some game artists (and some get hired on later as game artists so it keeps the whole industry going).  

So you are saying it is supported (or at least tolerated) by Aeria Game to uncensor in game the Sentinel ?

s3r3nd1pty

Rank 0
s3r3nd1pty
PostedApr 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Scarlet Blade vs Queens Blade

Could we expect them to merge into the same game?
CoolBreezeSA wrote:
Hey, I'm new to forums so please don't hate!

OK so I've been following Queens blade for a while and was really excited for it to change over to an English game and be open on the global market..

But honestly, when I found out about all the censorship I thought to myself what is the point?

Ya its probably an awesome game and all, but if its blocking all the mature features, what is the point of even calling it a mature game?

I understand the predicament when it comes to America and their (cant remember what its called right now) that they are dramatically limited by what content they can have..

But what about us in South Africa, or any other country where that censorship doesn't reach (I sincerely hope) can we expect the mature content from Queens blade back? **** I don't even mind if there are some bad translations or even if there are simply English subtitles..

Look, I'm not some perv (OK maybe a little) but I was just expecting the same game when I saw Queens Blade..

And if the problem is being unable to control who actually plays the game, then why not have the game with the censorship for the 17+ but then if your able to put in your ID (which will have your date of birth) which will unlock the full game with-out the censorship.. There are always ways!

In Conclusion
Can we expect the game to grow in the mature content aspect?

P.S. I am aware of the grammatical errors with the positioning of my conjunctions, but I really don't care, my point was getting across.  

usually the problem whenever a game goes worldwide lies in the fact that developers have to cover their backs from every possible angle they could get some flak

the original queen's blade was a korean only game, same thing happens to a lot of japanese games, they usually state that their software is intended for their local audiences only

of course, people from everywhere around the globe usually end up trying their game one way or another, but with that little statement they cover their ass3s to prevent demands/threats coming from countries that have different cultural views towards certain topics (like, how in some countries gore is ok but a nipple is not, feminists start doing their thing, how games are blamed for everything that's wrong with youth these days in some other places, etc)

so stuff like censoring the loli class is the easiest way to save a lot of headaches to both LIVEPLEX and the people that port their game in other regions.

and that is a key point cause every time the original creators get heat from their localization parties that sours up their relationship, that why localization deals with taboo subjects and tries to adapt the references that people usually won't get outside the original market

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedApr 04, 2013 2:30 pm
Elepole wrote:
draakdorei wrote:

So you are saying it is supported (or at least tolerated) by Aeria Game to uncensor in game the Sentinel ?  

Client modifications are against the terms of service. That said, if no one knows you're using them, you're not going to get banned over them.

<center></center>

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedApr 04, 2013 2:57 pm
Elepole wrote:
draakdorei wrote:

In-game, no.

On the forums, you* can link (but not display via Thumbnail/etc) any SB-adult-content you* want in the fan art forum. In that respect, and that respect alone, Aeria Games has no issue if you* want to uncensor your sentinel or view one "uncensored".

You* can also find the Queen's Blade uncensored models online if that's what you* want to look at anyway.

*you in general, not you specifically.

elesticvoy

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 4:04 pm
Anyone can view the Korean website. This is the age of the internet after-all not 1998 where everyone had to rely heavily on companies for their stuff. If it is an issue here then someone can always make an off-website where they host the update content themselves or fan art. I think the issue around the sentinel is kinda stupid as anyone can get the loli creations off Amazon officially under different companies true story. I've done it . I've seen some pixel nudity or half nudity in Korean artbooks it wasn't a big deal illustrations from licensed materials.

But companies are willing to bring over the whole exotic game than others though I don't blame them too much. People in the west are simply unused or exposed to the artists from Korea and how they expressive themselves and create their works. So they go on these weird whacky strikes against anything that frightens or scares them. Even if it is relatively harmless or dumb the reality is that the sentinel was censored unfortunately so it doesn't offend people who get their knickers in a jam over some pixel skin and act like the boogie man is gonna get them or something.