cherrywheat

Rank 0
cherrywheat
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Arkana Academy

A SB take on an old Anime theme
Okay, so it looks like Terrie_Herm and Michaelxushi have already started crafting a bit of the possible world we're looking at in SB, but as we're still in Beta with an incomplete storyline in-game, it could be difficult for many to crank out decent stories regarding the Arkanas (Arkani? Whatever the plural form is) and/or Commanders and be somewhat true to canon or run the risk of having one's work nullified by actual releases within the game (i.e. we later find out that the Schism was started over a microwaveable burrito, destroying your story about star-crossed lovers causing a civil war with their sexiness). So I thought, why don't we go with something that would have all kinds of potential and that we wouldn't have to think too hard about to keep it real, within the confines of the story. Therefore I propose the collaborative effort of the Omnibus Arkana Academy Collection! (I'm not 100% certain what omnibus means, but it sounds cool)

For anyone who has ever read any manga ever written, you're probably familiar with the whole Academy/school/university/Hogworts genre of manga where everything takes place at a school, between students who are at once both naive and timid about the opposite *** as well as martial arts masters who openly assault or even kill each other in mortal combat with little to know adult supervision or equivocal punishment. This would be similar to that kind of story! We all know that the Arkanas are female super-soldiers supervised and managed by human Commanders and we are pretty certain that neither one are just plopped out of an egg ( a high-tech egg with neon runners on the side) in full combat-ready mode, so there is probably some kind of training that they all undergo. That's where these stories will come in. Here's my idea:

The stories that we (Yes, I would like others to contribute their own stories here, hence the "omnibus" part!) pool here will be about the students, both Arkana and Neo-Human, who are undergoing training before being paired and venturing out onto the surface. I'm going to play loose and fast with the rules and also refrain from any jokes about "loose and fast" for the sake of expedience. The Academy will be Royal Guard ONLY! You can make your stories about Pre-Schism; you can mention your character thinking or plotting to join the Free Knights or you can just leave the idea of Schism out completely, but the idea of a centralized academy works best with the RG plot and let's be honest, we don't really have a whole Hard of a lot of info about the Free Knights right now, so why speculate? (Run-on sentence much?). The stories can be comedic or dramatic or both. I would ask that you not get too crazy with the lore (i.e. a half Amphibyon/half Runewolf Arkana with a zombified head for a Commander graduates first in the class because such and such prophesy blah blah blah...) but once again, we're playing loose and fast, so go for it, you freak! Just don't get mad if your Amphibiwolf Arkana gets laughed at in the next 20 posts. Lastly, respect each other's work. Don't write other author's characters into gruesome and humiliating deaths without permission first. Oh, and no touching of the hair or face... and that's it for rules! Let the madness begin.

Also, if any of you are fans of Shaiya, I wrote a little story that was totally badass back in the day on their forums called The Deviant Child, which is probably still there. It's not written by Cherrywheat because the account I played Shaiya on so long ago has since been devoured by the internet and I had to make a new account. I have no way of proving that, so I guess you'll just have to notice the subtle similarities in my writing. Have at ye!
Advertisement

sewilliams.sw

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
sewilliams.sw
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:14 pm
Sounds fun. I will have to give some thought and time into some stories. As for the schism it is slightly explained in the background story on the website.

cherrywheat

Rank 0
cherrywheat
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:23 pm

I'll go first because I'm an attention hog!

Entry 1: The Goth, the Dork and the Brute!
“Go away, Neo.”
The girl’s mood was as dark as her complexion, but it did not deter Kurono. He had found the Arkana that would be his to command in the field and he wouldn't let her reputation stop him.
“You don’t even know my name yet, little lady,” the boy replied, sitting down at the table in front of her with his lunch. “It's Kurono, by the way. And your name is Apoclysta, right? Sounds exotic! Hey, are you not eating anything?”
“What are you doing?” She finally looked up from the table and locked eyes with him. The W’s always had such enormous eyes and hers were such a vibrant violet that they were nearly glowing. “Get lost.”
“You know, the funny thing about choosing to sit by yourself in a crowded cafeteria is that it’s very hard to find another completely empty table to go brood at if someone finally risks evisceration to come sit by you,” Kurono laughed.
“Wow, you must be a brave one, then,” she replied in a flat, uninterested tone. Suddenly her delicate hand shot out and snatched Kurono by the collar and yanked him in close to her face. “Maybe I need to make a new example for everyone.”
The side of the table exploded into chunks and the Arkana flinched, but refused to let go of the boy. She turned her head quickly and almost lost her face in the canyon of pale cleavage beside her.
“You’ve got three seconds to let go of him before I put that **** face of yours through the table,” the red-haired Arkana beside her growled, bending lower to look Apocalysta in the eyes. The two super-soldier trainees smoldered at each other and the cafeteria grew quiet.
“Jeez, Hard, I don’t need you lording over me every second, just waiting to rescue me,” Kurono huffed. “She wasn’t going to do anything to me.”
“Kurono, my dearest, I love that you’re so naïve, but this **** is dangerous and I’m not letting her anywhere near my future commander,” the red-haired Amazon replied sweetly to the boy before turning an evil eye back to the purple-haired W. “Now release him!”
“Gladly, Ginger,” Apocalysta said, loosening her grip. “He’s the one who came to me. There, take him and leave me alone.”
“No! Wait, this is not how I saw this going in my head,” Kurono said. “I’m not leaving. I have my lunch tray here on the table… or what’s left of it. No, I’m staying right here and making friends with Apocalysta.”
“Dear, are you insane?” the tall Arkana asked, putting her hand up to the boy’s face. “You’re too nice and this girl is a weirdo. Not even the other W’s like her!”
“I’m sitting here for lunch, Hard, and if you want to eat with me, then you’re just going to have to sit here and play nice with your sister,” Kurono said, then he stopped to look back at Apocalysta, who had an expression of horror at the idea of having to spend lunch with the two of them. “Okay, introductions! Apocalysta, this is my friend, Hellcleavage…”
“…his girlfriend.” Hellcleavage interjected, angrily.
“So you keep saying, with or without my opinion on the subject. Anyway, Hellcleavage is a D, as you probably already guessed.”
“Well, double-D, actually, but the academy physician said I’m not done growing, yet!” Hard chirped.
“Jeez, that joke stopped being funny last week, Hard,” Kurono said, laughing anyways. He turned back to Apocalysta. “So, now you know who we are… maybe you want to share something about yourself?”
“I hate my name, I hate this school and in the last five minutes I’ve added the two of you to the already overwhelming things on that same list,” Apocalysta said.
Hellcleavage gave Kurono a satisfied look. “See, I told you. Can we please go back and sit with the other D’s, Dear?”
“Have you ever considered that you might be so testy because you’re hungry?” Kurono asked Apocalysta. “I’ve seen you sitting by yourself since I arrived here over a week ago and never once have I seen you eat anything. That slim body of yours is going to waste away…”
Apocalysta reached over and grabbed the sandwich off of Kurono’s tray like a serpent snagging a mouse and shoved the entire thing into her mouth. Hellcleavage’s eyes went wide and Kurono looked dumbfounded. Apocalysta stared them both down, struggling to do something with the bulging hunk of bread and meat that was pushing her cheeks out and making her jaw sore. She had a maddened look about her. Finally she choked it all down and just looked at the pale Arkana and the spikey-haired Neo-Human across the table from her.
“There… are you two nitwits happy now?”
“What in the world…” Hard mumbled.
“Look, I don’t know what’s going on here. I don’t know why you feel like you need to come hang out with the loner Arkana that everyone avoids like nuclear fallout, but let me get something across to you; to both of you. I… don’t… need… you,” Apocalysta said. She got up from her seat and pushed the chair back in one neat, graceful twirl. “I don’t even want to be here, so leave me alone.”
The purple-haired, purple-eyed girl was gone before Kurono could get another word out. He watched her as she left the cafeteria. Even in her anger, her stride was light and rhythmic, as if she were dancing. All of the W’s moved like that and even though she did her best to act anything but a W, she could not break her fundamental designs.
“You know, that girl may be weird and just plain mean, but I’m really beginning to worry that she won’t make it through Academy,” Hard said as she walked to the next seminar with Kurono. Unlike Apocalysta, Hellcleavage walked heel-to-toe in a heavy stride. She was taller than Kurono by over half a foot and her natural body density made her twice as heavy. It was all part of being a D, just like her Amazonian body, gargantuan breasts and tenacious loyalty. D’s fresh to the Academy had a habit of finding a preferable Neo-Human recruit and latching on emotionally. Hellcleavage had nearly ran Kurono over in the hallway on their first day and by the time she had lifted him back to his feet, she had completely fallen in love with him.
Kurono, like all Commander candidates at the Academy, was a first generation Neo-Human clone. His base genes were a mixture of North American and East Asian, giving him dark, spikey hair and a tall, lean body. He had scored in the mid-high range on the entrance exams, securing him a spot at the Academy to train along with the Arkanas; one of which would most likely be his to command upon graduation. The crimson-haired, emerald-eyed giantess that nearly killed him on his first day of class and spent the next week turning herself into a living shield was determined to be his Arkana. Kurono was not immediately inclined to agree with his new companion, but when he saw the short-haired beauty all alone in the cafeteria the first day, he knew who he wanted to command.
Apocalysta, according to rumor, was a second-year freshman at the Academy who was held back for mutilating a fellow Arkana. There was some kind of hazing incident at the time and a few days later one of the instigating Arkanas, a fellow W, was found in a locker, bleeding out. Apocalysta turned herself in before an investigation could begin and she received punishment. Had it been a Neo-Human, the loner Arkana would have been destroyed. No one knew why she was given a second chance instead of being sent to the mines like so many other uncontrollable Arkanas, but the students kept their distance nonetheless; except for Kurono.
“I like her,” Kurono said. “I think we need to help her… to keep her from being wasted.”
“I hate that you say things like that, Dear,” Hard sighed. “Once we get through these pesky seminars and into the real training, you’ll see that we were meant for each other. Kurono and Hellcleavage: the most powerful duo the world has ever seen! The most powerful lovers the world has ever seen…”
“What?!” Kurono asked, yelping out loud in the crowded hall. A nearby pair of S’s giggled like schoolgirls, which happened to be exactly what they looked like in their Academy uniforms.
“Did I say that last bit out loud?” Hard asked, her face matching her hair.
“What are you thinking about over there?” Kurono asked.
“Nothing! Just… daydreaming. Oh darn! They’re splitting us up for these! I’ll see you after class, Dear!”
“Hey Kurono! Over here… Dear!” a voice called out. Kurono didn’t have to look to recognize the voice of Dillon, his roommate in the male barracks. Dillon and a group of familiar candidates were all filing into a classroom where all of the other Neo-Human candidates were going.
“Yo, Kurono, is that fire-crotch still hanging on you?” a boy named Maxon asked. “You are so fraggin’ lucky to score a D so soon! Man, I hear they have some kind of glitch in their genes… makes them want it bad and all the time! Have you done anything with her, yet?”
“We’ve been here a week, Maxon!” Kurono replied, feeling a bit embarrassed. “That’s just a rumor that only horny gene-retards like you believe. And even if it were true, I wouldn't exploit a built in flaw like that. The Arkanas have it rough enough with the way most Neos act towards them. I won’t treat them like a toy.”
“Kurono, you dork,” Dillon said, clapping him on the shoulder. “The Arkanas ARE toys… for us. They may look like us and act like us, but they aren’t human and soon they’ll be broken and taught to do exactly what we tell them. We control whether they live or die. When you have that kind of power over something that looks like they do, we’ll see how saintly you remain.”
Kurono frowned as he followed his buddies into the auditorium. Would he really be able to control himself if Apocalysta were throwing herself at him? If she were completely at his command, could he stay strong to his convictions about Arkanas?

ckdragonck

Rank 0
ckdragonck
PostedApr 04, 2013 12:02 am
The plural form is still Arkana.

Check my story out. An incident at the RG Academy happens in the first chapter.

Good luck ^^

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 04, 2013 3:28 am
Hmm I see~~~

With that said that's a pretty nice story cherry ^^
Though with that being said are you suggesting that we're all supposed to post our Arkana Academy stories in this topic??
Because I think that if we all were to do that... Then this topic would be far too messy....

With that being said I do plan on having something like an Arkana Academy in my first story~~~
And even if the game changes, even to the point where they change something such as the basic lore, thereby screwing up some stories that are here, or even mine....
Then I say it's fine as it's more or less fan fiction we're making, and I don't happen to plan on completely building my stories around the Scarlet Blade world, as I will probably "add my own spices to the dish".

cherrywheat

Rank 0
cherrywheat
PostedApr 05, 2013 6:43 am

Chapter 2

Some back story anyways
“What do you mean the experiment was across the board?!” the District 5 cloning supervisor yelled at the technician. “Surely there was a control group?”
“Yes, but we were unprepared for the level of propagation. Most of the Arkana in the control group were exposed to the contaminant through skin contact; something we were not expecting…” the technician answered.
“Sonoffahoor! These girlies are the most rambunctious, touchy/feely slatterns of the entire lot and you numbskulls let them all be in a room together? W’s are like the old-world strippers of the Arkana! Of course they’re going to be all over each other in there!”
“The virus was not supposed to be able to survive epidermal conditions…” the technician began.
“Shut up about what the virus wasn’t supposed to do, will you? It did it and now I’m looking at you like you’re a fraggin’ idiot. That’s how fraggin’ science works!” The supervisor was flabbergasted, but after a moment he managed to calm down some. “You said ‘most’ of the Arkana were contaminated. Does that mean…?”
“There was one Arkana that remained free of the contamination,” the technician answered, glad to have even a sliver of good news for his boss. “She has been quarantined while we disposed of her ‘sisters.’ She is the only salvageable Arkana from the entire batch. The next fresh group of Arkanas won’t be done for another eight months.”
“Mother almighty…” The supervisor shook his head and poured a clear liquid into a short glass full of ice. “A whole batch of potential Whippers and we can’t even send them to the mines. This is catastrophic for the Fifth District.”
The two men stood in the small office for a while in silence. They both knew what such a failure could mean for them. Arkana cloning was more of an art form than a science, even with the schematics left to them from the Old World and District Five was only one of two facilities that could clone Whippers, as chaotic as they were. They had been doing an experiment to optimize the neural controls with a virus and because of a simple mistake they had lost nearly a year of research material as well as any productivity to put in the books.
“We’re going to lose a lot of credit to District Seven over this, but it can’t be helped at this point,” the supervisor finally said. “We’ll find a way to recover. Our stock is of a higher quality than theirs, even if the quantity doesn’t match this year. This single outlier, the one Arkana that isn’t infected… let’s go take a look at her.”
“All of the physical traits are five-by-five, there are no functional mutations and the core deviation levels are all below 0.02, sir. We could not have picked a better specimen to be our one bright star in this mess.” The cloning tech with the green Mohawk beamed even though his boss was simmering in anger and frustration. “I renamed her after all of her sisters were destroyed; something fitting of her situation. I call her Apocalysta!”
“Is that supposed to be amusing to me, Grunge?” the supervisor asked.
“It’s because this virus was like an apocalypse for…” The tech’s smile faded with the glare he was getting and he composed himself. “Ahem… the girl is good to go, sir.”
“Something about her seems off. She isn’t smiling or bouncing around the room. How long has she been sitting in the corner, pouting like that? I thought you said there was nothing wrong with her?”
“Well, physically, there isn’t anything wrong with her, sir,” Grunge replied, pulling a chart for his boss. “Like I said, she’s five-by-five; all green. It’s just… well, she’s in mourning, sir.”
“What in the name of Mother are you talking about, son?” the supervisor asked.
“Because we make Arkana in batches, out of necessity, we’ve never observed any go through their growth stage alone like this. Even in other quarantine situations, the chakras of the ‘sisters’ can be felt as long as they’re still in the same district. Apocalysta has spent over three-quarters of her initial growth period in an empty district. Plus, she’s aware that we destroyed all of her other ‘sisters.’ I don’t know if it’s just the W’s or if it’s all Arkana, but she’s been like this since the decimation. I don’t know if she’ll recover emotionally.”
“Can she make it through Academy? “ The supervisor looked at the purple-haired girl sitting motionless in the corner.
“I… yes. Yes, she can make it through Academy,” Grunge said, reluctantly. “But it’s going to be difficult for her. She won’t be able to connect with the other Arkana like this and there could be problems assimilating her to a Commander. Sir, maybe we should reconsider sending anyone to…”
“That’s out of the question!” The supervisor grabbed the monitor and pulled up the screen authorizing the Arkana’s deployment. “She’s going! This is our only submission for the entire year. If she doesn’t graduate from Academy and at least make it to the field, our reputation is ruined! Whatever favors you have to call in, whatever strings you have to pull, you get her through Academy or we’re all on the streets!”
The supervisor left the two technicians alone in the design room. As soon as he was out of earshot, the lead technician turned back to Grunge.
“A perfect specimen? You said nothing about the random bouts of blinding rage she suffers from or that her overall attitude is completely nihilistic! You even handed him the chart with all of that on there!”
“And he didn’t read anything but the top stats, did he?” Grunge replied. “Apoc is my baby; my greatest creation ever, not to mention my fraggin’ coolest one, too. She’s totally punk rock and it’s going to fly right in the faces of those dweebs at the Academy. That she’s the one who survived out of all of the ruined ones… that’s destiny, man!”
“You are incorrigible, Grunge,” the lead technician replied, walking over to look at the Arkana. “Punk rock? What in Chromia is that, some throwback to the Old World you’re so **** interested in?”
“The Arkana are living art sculptures, man. Apocalysta is my masterpiece and my personal ‘frag you’ to the system. I don’t even care if I get fired after her; she’s the pinnacle of my achievements!”
“Just get her to the Academy and make sure she graduates!” the lead technician yelled as he left. “If she’s killed in battle before anyone realizes what you’ve done here, it would be the best thing we could hope for, just as long as she makes it to the field.”
“Oh she’ll make it to the field, ya sewage port,” Grunge mumbled after the man. He turned back to the monitor to Apocalysta’s room and hit the intercom button. “Hey, sweetie, Grunge is back to keep you company. Hey, should we turn some music back on?”
Apocalysta looked up through the strands of her hair and her crystalline violet eyes glimmered in the monitor. A tiny hint of a smile flickered across her lips, barely perceptible to anyone but her maker.
“Yeah, I’ll put some music on for ya, babe. Grunge will always find a way to come through for ya. Let’s see, some of this stuff didn’t hold up too well on these old data chips, but at least some reasonable human had the forethought to save what he/she could of the arts. Billy Idol or The Cure? Hmmm, it looks complete. Well, why not try both?”
Grunge loaded the music data onto his assembler and the sounds began pumping into the chamber that the Arkana sat in.

Huntersteel85

Rank 0
Huntersteel85
PostedApr 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Nom Nom Nom..

Another Day, Another Great story devoured, enjoyed, and savored. Good Job.

carmine_pariah

Rank 0
carmine_pariah
PostedJun 12, 2013 12:22 am
I'm loving where this is going, and that Grunge character is awesome!

ss1955cjs

Rank 0
ss1955cjs
PostedJun 14, 2013 6:51 am

Arkana Academy

There she stood all six feet eight inches. 40, 34, 38 Bight red hair and dark blue lips. A simple one peace suit that just cover her. Her dark skin sparkle under the lights. A woman with an artificial leg and scars on her arm look at her. “What with the blue recruit.” “I like blue.” “This is all of your first day at the academy. You will become the best of the best in the Royal Guards.” She glace at a chip in her hand this group was lot 3058 Group PN40682. “I will be you instructor. All right blue lips name.” “LongSpear.” “All hit the course.” LongSpear run with the rest. She move with purpose and speed they ran the course. Jumping running and pick up guns of various types. Thou she had never touch any of the guns before each one was like part of her instantly. She hit every moving target. She jump threw a ring of fire and fired a shot at a moving target, hitting the bulls eye. She place top five in the class of twenty.

He stood out with his bight blue eyes, light skin, short blond hair. Most of the other men around him look small with his wide shoulder and muscular body. None of the other look like they had ever work out. A gray hair man stood there looking at this group of men. “I am your instructor. I going to get all of you in shape. Now run that track.” He took off running fast and hard. He was standing there at the finish line two minutes before the second one even cross. “Recruit, what is your name.” “Kostya, ser.” He look him up and down. This six foot tall well cut young man with bight blue eyes would be some thing watch.

Latter Kostya was walking down the hall. Coming the other way a dark skin Arkana with bright blue lips. He look at her face for a long time. They walk by each other. In three month he would meet the Arkana he would be partner with. He turn into the class room. He was driven to be the best at any thing he did. He had a vary sharp mind and quick reflexes. He would be the best of the best. Scoring at the top of the class he earn the privilege of pick first.

There Kostya stood looking at the line of Arkana. Their she was bright red hair, and blue lips. He walk over to her and look up into her bright green eyes. “I am Kostya. What is your name?” “LongSpear.” “LongSpear, I will work hard to be the best of the best.” “I will work to be the best of the best.” “I like your blue lips.” He turn and step forward from her. “I chose LongSpear.” The old man look at the two of them. He was so light and she dark color. But they seam well mach. He recorded. Kostya and LongSpear. Team one. “Next.”

Kostya push him self to learn advance tactic. He ran the hardest simulators. He would always find a way to bring the Arkana back. In class the instructor told every one that the Arkana were only living weapons they will fight and die, do not get to attach. For Kostya he never though of them as that, but he keep those thoughts to him self. LongSpear was excellent at every test she took. She like the 50 caliber gun the best. She was hitting bull eyes at the maximum rang will jumping threw hoops. She got very good at controlling her chi. Moving as fast the coming to a complete halt and shooting then moving again. Two week away from the first time they would be team up together to run a simulation.

Some upper class men had taken notice of Kostya. When he finish class he would head over to the training ground for the Arkana. He would sit and study tactic. Out she would come and he would stand up they never said a word to each other because of orders. He would walk beside her to her dorm they would stop hear and look at each other and then she would turn and go in. The upper class men knew there was a beak coming up. The top of that class approach Kostya. “I see you are close to your Arkana. Would like to be closer.” “I thought you had to wait until first test.” “No. You can come with us. I know a place in town. You can take your Arkana there and have fun.”

Kostya and LongSpear met up with them. They were ten of them and one more Arkana. The top upper class man greeted both of them. The group walk to town. The enter an building with a lager mek standing out side. In side music was thumping, light were flashing around. In side a cage was an Arkana dancing her bright green hair fly around as she move to the music, She had nothing on but a smile. Men form the school were around the cage shouting. Leaning close to Kostya. “This way.” Kostya eyes were wide as he fall them into a room. The music thump softer hear. The upper class man held out a pill. “This you give to any Arkana and they will do any thing you want to get some more.” The other Arkana eyes seam to glaze over. “Your Arkana is just a tool to be use by us.” He smile wickedly at LongSpear. Kostya stood up fast and spoke. “Come LongSpear.” The upper class man look at him. “Do not go. They are just tools. Have fun with them.” Without turn Kostya said. “You and your fiend what to have fun with her.” “Yes. They way she built, I bet she could out last all of us.” “Thank you for inviting me, but we are leaving now.” “Do not get to attach, they will all die.” Kostya left with LongSpear at his side.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedJun 14, 2013 6:56 am
Who the heck are you? Why are you posting it instead of letting the author to do so?

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.