Sulhwa

Rank 0
Sulhwa
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:09 am

Bypassing maintenance message

Request for clarification
The situation is as follows: Servers are up, but maintenance message has not been removed.

Rumor has it, that bypassing the message through tab, clicking ‘Fullscreen’ (available for S3 and S4) or whatever means there is, was bannable. Allow me to point out, that I did not find any rule concerning this matter stipulated in the ToS.

Since I do not want to push my luck, I proceed on the assumption that the rumor was true, even though I learn of other players that they simply go into the game without facing reprimands.

I would greatly appreciate the clarifying of this matter in order for everyone to have an outline on which they can base their decisions on.

Sulhwa
Advertisement

Leu_Greu

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:58 am
Why to ban some1 if they cant do ther job.Once main servers are up from r2 all others server should be.There fault not mine.I cant ban gm by not doing there job so they cant ban me by passing the message.And there are no excuses for this.

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:01 am
You guys/gals may want to take a look here. As Stated from the ToS

a) AGE reserves the right to interrupt the Services from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that AGE will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(b) You acknowledge that the Services may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of AGE, and AGE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. AGE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(c) AGE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
(d) AGE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a), (b), or (c).

AGE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
AGE can and does issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of user identities for user violations. We retain the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. We consider the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making our determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of AGE.
For the avoidance of doubt, you herby acknowledge that AGE has sole discretion with respect to penalties and disciplinary actions to terminate your Account, even if there are credits remaining on your Account. If you feel you or your User ID has been unfairly warned or disciplined please contact us with a full detailed explanation. We will reasonably consider your explanation.

It clearly says right there.

Leu_Greu

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:41 am
Yea right,when you will see some1 to say: Yes its our fault sry for that.Of course every time the message stay there for 12h (not 3-4) the excuse its always ready,the true its very far Smile.And some times you need to think maybe some of them know mores than me..

Sulhwa

Rank 0
Sulhwa
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:42 am
Thank you sdsds, for taking the effort of posting a part of the ToS and make me read it over again.

However, if it was clear to me, I would not have asked for clarification. Since I may have skipped the part that answers my topic, I would like to ask you to highlight it.

Sulhwa

Sulhwa

Rank 0
Sulhwa
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:08 am
Leu_Greu. I understand your anger.

Nevertheless, please consider that things like this happen.

If you still wish to express your opinion about your dissatisfaction, I suggest you go to feedback. Thank you.

Sulhwa

Leu_Greu

Rank 0
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:18 am
Neah...im not anger anymore Smile)) i love to see people who lies =)) especially when you know the true but they keep to lie ^^... Ok im done here

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedApr 03, 2013 8:19 am
Sulhwa wrote:
Thank you sdsds, for taking the effort of posting a part of the ToS and make me read it over again.

However, if it was clear to me, I would not have asked for clarification. Since I may have skipped the part that answers my topic, I would like to ask you to highlight it.

Sulhwa  

It's pretty difficult to bold it, but the first part basically says along the lines "Things happen and issues do arise" so you may not be able to access the server exactly when you want it.

Edit Note: A) & B) basically are the parts that define that in said matter.

astralkid0114

GameSage: Aeria Browser
astralkid0114
PostedApr 04, 2013 3:55 am

a) AGE reserves the right to interrupt the Services from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that AGE will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(b) You acknowledge that the Services may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of AGE, and AGE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. AGE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(c) AGE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
(d) AGE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a), (b), or (c).  

in lamen's terms:
a. can halt gameplay for maint. if anything happens because of this, age not at fault. (ie QQ my seed of life didn't finish ! i want my 2g back)

b. if an act of nature occurs beyong AGEs powers, also not their fault.

c. can do whatever they feel like for whatever reason.

d. did seed of life 10mins b4 maint? no refunds sorry.

basically, dont start anything that will not be finished. we all know what times maints are. dont do seed at 10mins til. AGE not responsible for any losses or anything that happens because of any interruption to the game. Just use your brain a little bit and you'll be fine.

AGE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
AGE can and does issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of user identities for user violations. We retain the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. We consider the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making our determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of AGE.
For the avoidance of doubt, you herby acknowledge that AGE has sole discretion with respect to penalties and disciplinary actions to terminate your Account, even if there are credits remaining on your Account. If you feel you or your User ID has been unfairly warned or disciplined please contact us with a full detailed explanation. We will reasonably consider your explanation  

basically, AGE can do whatever they want to your account for any reason at anytime. Granted they usually gives warnings etc, if you know something is not allowed, plain and simple, refrain from doing it. Just cause you don't think you will be caught, there's always that chance. This game isn't THAT difficult that you need to go and break rules to advance. If you do, stop playing the game.

Granted this doesn't say anything about bypassing maint messages, it could fall under the 'for whatever reason' category. If you don't wanna get banned, don't do it. If you don't care to risk a possible ban, go for it.

In my opinion, if they wanted to keep ppl off the server, they'd take out the html coding
Code:
<div class="server_list">........</div>
when they do maintenance. That will completely eliminate the server boxes that you can click on. Just putting an element over the server boxes wont help, as those can be gotten around.

All in all, it's a simple fix if they wanted to keep everyone off. Why they are putting an element on top of the server div's is beyond me.

To sum it up, if you think it's not right, it probably isn't.