Skyre22

Rank 0
Skyre22
PostedApr 19, 2013 11:38 pm
Thank you for the first direct buy clothing item in the store. Hope to see more options to come in the near future! I also like that the box is still there for that item in case other people want to take the chance on it.
Advertisement

Akeashar

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Akeashar
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:02 am
I don't particularly care for the Pink 50 Shades, it seems like a Medic looking outfit, but the ladder is another step forward from the 'random box' that we had last week, albeit having that tier at half again the price of the unlucky box tier last week.

That the Pantaloons were offered up for direct sale at the same time as the promo is a little odd, which while the direct sale is a truly wonderful thing to have, it gives two very distinctly different values of costumes, with the 50 shades pink being roughly worth $150, while the Pantaloons are worth $30. Given the 249 AP box price of the Pantaloons, I'm hoping 50 shades black turns up for $17.50 since they're only 169 AP per try. Smile Altho honestly, I'd be happy paying ~3k AP for costumes.

Just not this time around. This is the 'You don't want any of this' weekend promo for me, so from a content viewpoint its not anything I find interesting XD

Yukimi

Rank 0
Yukimi
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:08 am
My opinion about the cash shop:

I think that the 69 ap points is nice, we get decent items with that. I also like the costumes and lingerie that is available.

The not so good thing about the shop is, to get costumes you have to gamble, I have only bought one box to try to get a costume but I stopped there because I read that a lot of people tried getting costumes from the boxes and they purchased a lot of boxes and only got junk. I also think the pricing on things is a little on the high side. Some stuff is reasonably priced but a lot of it is overly expensive... (some pet data chips such as the cp pet data chips...etc). Also as someone said for instance the lingerie unsealer... to just get an unsealer it is expensive. I also hope to see individual costumes in the store, not just in boxes that give a very very rare chance, and also for the costumes to be decently priced like maybe $10-$15 dollars, and for people to be able to pick the class costume that they want.

Also I know there is a costume that you can directly buy from the store, but I feel that is a bit overpriced as well...

juunro

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:16 am
I'd have preferred a 2000 ap price point, but I am a man of my word; when you put a costume up for direct buy that doesn't look horribly silly, I'll buy it. I even have tossed some money into my paypal account ahead of time for it.

+10 for effort Puffer, -1 for choosing the only costume I outright hate to start with Wink

Element1220

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:27 am
Items in the mall, any one item should not be over 30$. The fail will first start out with, Aeria cutting people off there staff, just like big gaming company's are starting to do. Making a item over 150$ wont generate revenue, it will just sit there. Id still like to talk to the person that made that choice and go you sick or something?

Phoenix_Shi

Rank 2
Phoenix_Shi
PostedApr 20, 2013 1:43 am
You know how you make poor options and high prices look good? By starting off with even worse options and worse prices. That's what we have now, $30 for that ugly costume and a restriction of one of each class per account, really? It's a 100% social vanity item which if they started off by selling for $30 without a purchase restriction people would have complained bitterly about as being over priced. Although after all the nonsense we've seen so far, it doesn't look as bad now.

I did sales from the decision making side of things for years but it took me a while to really step back and think about things objectively in regards to what was going on here. Here's the thing, everything that has gone on with people's reactions was predictable. Aeria Games is not new at this, this is not their first item mall for their first game, they have been doing this for a number of years and operate many games each with their own item mall. They know what they're doing, and unless the ones assigned to Scarlet Blade are completely green and/or incompetent things have been going according to plan.

hummingkayls

Rank 2
hummingkayls
PostedApr 20, 2013 7:17 am
Do Tier Spenders instead.
That Unsealer on the level with the bike as a choice is very unfair. It is 1999ap, it should be on a lower level.

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedApr 20, 2013 9:04 am
I like the new direct purchase option, and while it is a bit far up in my price range, it's still not bad. There is something to note about these costumes though; unless something has changed, all of these costumes can be sold for 30G each to an NPC. If there is no purchase restriction on costumes, the value of gold will plummet and the only way to make money will be through the item mall.

Right now, it's not worth selling the costumes as 100AP is going for 5G on andromeda (roughly), and this costume would only have a sale value of 1G per 100AP to an NPC. That being said, as long as future costumes stay in the $20-$30 price range, and keep the 1-per customer restriction, things should be fine in the long run for this game.

Also, about the $150 shades of pink: since it's a promotional item, i wouldn't complain much especially if similar re-color'd items appeared in such promotions for ~$100, as long as the originally colored item was still for sale at around $20-$30. It's still out of my price range though.

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedApr 20, 2013 11:35 am
I think the pricing on the tiered rewards is a bit much and the fact they do not stack makes it worse. Other games from AGE have stacking tier ladders. Grand Fantasia for instance.

@megamagex - AGE does not have an AP to Gold conversion so what ever rate people are offering Gold for AP cards is simply what people want to spend and what people are willing to buy. It does not in any way reflect the rate on what items in the item mall go for.

Also I miss the loot forge. IF they offered the loot forge while they had a weekend tier promotion they would make a lot more money. I know everyone in my guild waited to use the loot forge for when there was a tiered promotion. And I know others were thinking the same thing. So that is a lot of money lost there.

booboofinger

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 12:32 pm
Gamestopperz wrote:

For my question for Pufferfish, if no one has asked yet, What are the % chance on the box items to get the costume that are in the item mall? Example" 50 shades of black lucky box " and "Platemail lingerie lucky box"  

Actually, it has been asked a few times. But it has been evaded to the point that some might wonder if Pufferfish is really an Eel in disguise Laughing

As for the pantaloons, I agree, it's a step in the right direction.

Direct sale:good.
Price: Not great, but at least it's getting there....
Choice: Horrid! I want my girls dressed in tight, sexy, slutty and revealing costumes. Not dressed like a pantomime clown.

But like they say "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Now all we need is someone good enough in math to tell us how many steps are left in the 1,000 miles. Wink