michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 04, 2013 3:01 am
Lolz I guess, I could leave it at Otaku only >.<
But ah well it's fine~~~

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.
Advertisement

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 08, 2013 1:46 pm   Last edited by michaelxushi on Apr 21, 2013 6:59 am. Edited 4 times in total

The Narak Invasion

NOTE: Pretty much done at the moment....

The Narak Invasion & Nuke attacks

In this post I be dwelling in:
The Narak Invasion - When it happened(this is the one I be explaining the most), how the world reacted, the 'war' against the Narak, and why did the Narak invade earth(also an important one)?

Some forewords:

Looking at it the SB world seems to mimic our world a lot, but is not based on our world...
This can be seen in the map as it does not look anything like our world, and by the fact that the name of the land is different(they could have renamed it.. but still why rename it?). And no... I doubt that Nuke attacks could change the landscape THAT much....

With that being said, the technological 'lvl' seems to correspond our current technological 'lvl'.
Because of that i will base the SB world TIME wise on our world. Meaning that their 'lvl' of technology in 2013 would equal our current technology, their 'lvl' of technology in 2020 equal to our technology at that time(unless doomsday happens before that, or something like that >.<) and so on.

The Narak Invasion

I believe that the Narak Invasion must have happened at around something like the year ~2040-2050... Which means around 25 to 35 years from now.
The reason for why I believe and says that the invasion must have happened at something like those years, is because:

1. The Ark project.
The Ark project was/is very big, and I mean VERY big...
This is because it has to produce enough neo humans, to the point that the population are stable...
Which is a number I believe must exceed 10,000 at the very least.
At the same time it also have to produce Arkana as well (in-game there seems to have been produced 1000+ Arkana, probably more I believe).
Other than that it have to house quite the number of living inhabitants, laboratories, training areas, supply and storage areas/rooms, commander rooms, weaponry and much more...
If we say that the living space of 1 person is 10 square meters, and that there lives 1000-2000 in the Ark. That makes it 20,000 square meters. Meanwhile the space needed for everything else, would undoubtedly take up even more space...
Anyways let's say that the total area of the Ark is 100,000 square meters, which is an equivalent to around 18 and a half American football fields (soccer fields got around the same amount of area~), around 2667 modern day Leopard 2 tanks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2)could fit tightly into that space, and around 22 boeing 747-400 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-400)could fit that space...

The Ark itself seems to have taken at the very least 3 years (as stated in the official page) to build, which I actually think is surprisingly fast.
The reason for this is, because that the Ark must have seemingly been made in secret making it hard to transport necessary goods, work force, installations etc. And the Ark is also said to be constructed DEEP underground (I think of at the VERY least 50-100 meters below the ground), which is not a particularly easy place to work as they will have to drill a LOT (must have probably been constructed some where with some kind of stone that is hard, compared to constructing it some where with more fragile types of stone.)

(Should maybe put all of this into a separate post about the Ark...... >_<)

2. The 'lvl' of technology.
The kind of technology which I have especially have taken note of is:
Human cloning(Arkana), one wheel bikes, seemingly laser weaponry, mechs and the one most important one (in my head) teleporting machines.....

(Yea that's it for this one.... VERY short compared to the Ark reason..... But well I kinda finds this one more or less easy to understand and no real need to further dwell in it.....)

Moving on~~~

What happened after the Narak invasion started can simply be read on the official website (the story thus far).
And I actually don't find any need to explain how the humans must have reacted at this point XD.
The 'war' against the Narak can simply be described as: Humanity didn't stand a chance at all....
(read the very first entry in the story thus far)

I also happened to stumble across this video sometime ago, which I guess happens to reveal some of the Narak forces (It seems like the Volcano beetle came with the Narak O_O).
Primarily at the start of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMmbQ2CMFz4

Now then... The last question I want to discuss and share my thoughts about is: Why did the Narak invade Earth?

Well first of all, at the moment where I'm writing this, my highest lvled character in SB is still 20 missing ~20% exp to 21 which I have to grind.... Because of this I haven't bothered doing it, and now I have to restart my computer in order to update Aeria Ignite(SB?), which I haven't bothered to do either >.< (I don't turn my computer off that much, which is a pretty bad habit....)
Moving on, this means that I have no idea whether the reason for the Narak invasion was leaked in the questline from 21-29.... (I doubt it though).

Now with this cleared, what reason could foreign life forms have when it comes to invading earth and more or less trying to completely annihilate the humanoid beings on the planet?
Well here are some reasons that i have thought of, and will be further explained later.
1. - To seize resources.
2. - Territory expansion.
3. - Earth preservation.
4. - Finding a new home.

Do note that the 2nd and 4th one can kind of be combined, and that the 1st could also be under the 2nd.

1. - To seize resources.

This could very likely be a reason for why foreign life forms would invade a planet.
Some people with higher education, as well as many other people, also believes that this could be a reason if earth was suddenly invaded by foreign life forms from the space.

So let's look at it.
Resources are very important and shouldn't ever be something that is neglected...
As resources are an essential part of our lives, whether it's something basic such as food, water, clothing etc.
Our resources such as various metals, wood, coal and so on.
A country with near 0 resources is a poor and weak country(money does count as a resources here on earth).

The thing that should then be noted is that some resources aren't 'creatable', such as more basic resources(iron, gold, silver, lead, cobalt, nickel, copper and so on). Compared to food which is more or less 'creatable'.
As such, foreign life forms may encounter a problem of low resources when it comes to a specific resources or more. Which could easily lead them to a search of these resources they are missing, and could very well bring them to our earth(or the SB world).
And even if they didn't happen to be running low on a certain basic resource, they could just as well invade earth and take whatever basic resources, as they can just stock them up somewhere.

Now then, when it comes to the SB world, we have no idea whether this was their purpose.
There are seemingly quite the amount of water, metal resources, and so on.
But we don't know whether they only wanted and took a certain resource or whatever...

So this reason is in my mind Plausible....

2. - Territory expansion.

This reason is actually the one that I find to be the most likely one....
Why?

Because territory expansion is something that we have seen in our own history, and also because this reason offers up a lot of possibilities.
When it comes to territory expansion in space scale, bases or observation post(or something alike) here and there on planets in different galaxies are most likely needed, as well as some means of quick transportation, like in tv, games etc the 'hyper spring(?)' or 'wormhole(?)' abuse etc. as traveling with the speed of light still results in years of traveling between galaxies....
Of course, the Naraks that went ahead and attacked earth in the SB world, may have been a 'loner' and maybe didn't even have the 'hyper spring(?)' technology, or maybe it was broken(this could also be a reason...).

Anyways they may have decided to take over this galaxy of ours, and saw/found out about the humans on earth in the SB world, and decided to annihilate them. Because if left alone these humans could very well have become quite the treat.

Also note that with territory expansion in the space, one will get more planets 'under' one. Meaning that one could begin retrieving resources from those planets, or even inhabit those planets if they are inhabitable.

My judgement: I find this reason to be the most likely one at the moment of this writing

3. - Earth preservation.

Well cherry's one shot uses this idea (http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1953841#15955123)
Where the Narak invaded earth because the humans was slowly destroying it.

Though this one could I guess, also be kind of possible.

4. - Finding a new home.

No real need to discuss this one that much, as it's very straightforward, and explained bit in the 2nd one.

Finished I guess =P

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:41 pm
Well, most of your points are valid, but I feel you're forgetting to calculate in the ability of most large corporations to re-purpose resources at a moments notice. It's actually not that big of a stretch of the imagination that Genesis Corp already owned a giant underground facility in an unnamed location which was basically just collecting dust when they were contracted to build the Ark. There are rumors of such places existing now, most of them hold overs from the cold war. So some repairs would probably be necessary, but repairing such a facility and bringing it up to date with modern technology is a much smaller effort than building it from scratch.

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:55 pm
Well yea you have a good point~~
But I kind of doubt that there does exist such places that are more than 50-100 meter below the surface, though there do happens to exist such places 'carved' pretty deep into something such as a mountain
But anyways, this changes only the matter of building the Ark.
While it does not really change any significant about the time period for when the Narak invasion happened

Me: Lazy, perverted, talkative, got lots of interests, otaku.... That more or less sums me up XD.

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:03 pm
Another point on the land masses changing... They're actually changing constantly, and we honestly don't know how long it's been in real time. Yes, the story says it should only have been 100 years after the bombs dropped for humans to start getting cloned, but we don't know if mother sent probes out, realized the planet was still uninhabitable, and decided to wait another 100 years. Also, it could be the weapons used were significantly more destructive than the nukes we're used to, causing enough of an ecological imbalance to cause sudden, rapid tectonic shifts around the world. After all, if Maynard expected the fallout to only be about 100 years, they've already beaten modern (declassified) weaponry in that nuclear fall out from the entire nuclear arsenal of the planet would probably take a bit longer to dissipate.

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:05 pm
No, it doesn't... really was only commenting on your statement that 3 years to build something that massive in secret seems odd. Another point on that matter: These days there really isn't much a company can't do if it's willing to throw boatloads of money at the problem. Add another few decades of technological advancement to that and it's probably even more true.

Oh... and on the teleporters and energy weapons. I'll have to read through again but I think the weapons factory in the Ark is actually making weapons based on Narak technology, so the teleporters may actually be reporposed Narak technology as well.

terrie_herm

Rank 1
terrie_herm
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:19 pm
Uh.... No? Neither Old Man John nor Beatrice / Nelly had incorporated Narak knowledge and technology into the Ark and its functions.

I can agree however that the world would be more futuristic than say 22nd century before the Invasion happened. If Bitterstone Core is anything to go by.

A world where there will be no males and females, Sexism and double standards will be history.

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:32 pm
Eh... I was going off memory with that statement... usually not a good idea in my case. Honestly was going to do research and edit that post, but I'm at work and you're faster than I can be right now... lol

michaelxushi

Rank 0
michaelxushi
PostedApr 08, 2013 3:48 pm
Hm well the landscapes does naturally change with time... But the amount of change isn't that horrible big, at least not enough..
Even if we say the Ark started after 200 or 300 years..

I really doubt that the nukes used would be that much stronger compared to now a days ones. Yes they are probably stronger, but I don't think that they are strong enough to change the landscapes by that much...

Though, well, it could be that the amount of destruction the Narak have caused could lead to that point of change, but I also really doubt this...

And yea these days companies can do quite a lot, especially if they go ahead and throw 'boatloads' of money into it, and have the backup of a government~~

And I still haven't reached Mereholt yet >.<
Not playing that horrible much, just taking it slowly =P

gryffon011

Rank 0
gryffon011
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:26 pm
Well, I didn't really say cause enough damage to change the land scape, I meant really cause enough ecological damage that the earth goes insane for awhile. Actually there are some geological models that show if the earth's temperature changes enough all kinds of problems will break out. Volcanoes, earthquakes, changes in the polar ice caps (melting or getting bigger). And giant clouds of radioactive ash covering most of the planet would cause enough of a temperature change for these geological events to occur. So yeah... The earth really could change that much that fast.